MOST HAUNTED - living tv

summersover

I'm a true believer that everything in this world is not as black and white as it may seem, we have to admit that there are things we simply do not know. Why can a power to channel spirits of the dead not be one of them?

To each their own!!!

There are some VERY good magicians out there who are completely convincing.. Their methods are a closely guarded secret.. but because we can't figure them out doesn't mean that 'magic' exists.. We know it is a trick.. The same applies to psychics.. They employ a variety of methods and secrets to perform their business..Many of which I am completely oblivious too.

As I said, Derek is a very clever and talented entertainer.. But even doubts about him have been cast on Most Haunted!!

Normally at these locations, he is able to provide a fair amount af detail of these 'spirits'.. But on one episode based in an old prison, the only names he was able to give were surnames.. He was unable to furnish first names as he normally does.. The sceptic expert pointed out on the show that few records existed other than gravestones in the prison boundaries, each displaying surnames only ... Funny that!!

As a kid, I too have seen 'ghosts' and experienced odd things.. Now that I have grown up and have a fair experience in life including a fair bit of dealing with death in my profession, I have to say that I have developed into a complete non-believer..

I would love to be convinced otherwise.. It would be great to have definitive proof that death is not the end of it all.. Believe me.. I would love to think that ghosts exist.. Unfortunately, I do not..

I totally believe you Adam - I have experienced very similar things!

My mum's first husband died of cancer in the house that I grew up in! (my Mum re-married and had me, as you can guess!)

My half sisters (daughters of my Mum's first husband) also lived with us - they were in their late teens and I was just 6 or 7!

Anyway, many weird things happened in that house (most of which I have been told about rather than remembering it myself) - for example....

Lights switching on and off

Rooms going very cold

The dog refusing to go upstairs, instead sitting at the bottom of the stairs and crying (I remember that bloody noise!)

Things going missing all the time - and I dont mean a pen, but ornaments and pictures etc, only to reappear after my mum asked for them back (she used to sit on the stairs and ask LOL)

Anyway, this all kept on like that for quite a while, until my Mum and Dad decided to move (so they could equally own a home etc) - this is when things went really weird!!!!

Boxes would be packed up with stuff, we would go out and then when we got back everything would be back in its place!!

Also, my dad was going to the toilet one night (LOL) and the taps and the shower turned on!!! I would've freaked!!!

But the main thing was one night my parents woke up hearing a tapping noise in their bedroom. They turned the light on and saw a cardboard box with its lid moving in the breeze from the window. However, they suddenly saw right infront of their eyes (and they BOTH saw it) - the cardboard box folded itself completely up!

How can this be explained????

Since moving, my sister (who is now in her 30's so unlikely to lie) has told us that when living there she would often see a shadow in her room and then feel something sit at the end of her bed!

Spooky stuff - wish I could remember more really!!!!!!

Really!

Do you think it was your sisters dad?

My mum reckons so, cos she always felt quite comfortable there whereas visitors found it eerie!

My sisters reckon so too, cos when we moved one of my sisters got married not long after, and some of the weird things started happening again!

For example - the wedding dresses going missing, strange noises again!!!

It hasnt happened for years, but my sister reckons that was her dad being protective of her!!

LOL who knows! because of it all I believe in the supernatural! others may have an explanation for those events, but I doubt they'll change my mind!!!!

Edited by theoden_of_rohan

omg... i soooo agree with u!!! i love derek (well not actually but u no wot i mean  :P )

i think that he is the greatest ghost talker (lol i fink they are mediens)  ever! i dont think he acts atall!!!

Ghost talker!!!

Thats a great name ;)

:D lol! fanx hehehe

Adam & Theo, I really enjoyed reading your posts, thanx for sharing them with us :wub:

I have heard different stories about strange occurences from ppl and these are good ppl with no reason to lie or exaggerate, there truly are things in this world that cannot be explained, it is spooky but also fascinating B)

Adam & Theo, I really enjoyed reading your posts, thanx for sharing them with us :D

I have heard different stories about strange occurences from ppl and these are good ppl with no reason to lie or exaggerate, there truly are things in this world that cannot be explained, it is spooky but also fascinating ;)

Your Welcome :D , i enjoyed Theo's story, i would like to think that it is your Sisters Dad protecting her Theo.

Narago have you got any stories which your mates have told you?

Edited by Adam

I have had so many personal spooky experiences that I could write up. Unfortunately one of them is the basis of my new film and I think I have written a couple up on here already, (I think Narago has read them) but I would love to chat about some sometime. (I might nick your ideas for my next film though so be warned lol!).

Dragonmate - that's cool, I respect your views, but I'm afraid they're not going to change mine. I have experienced things outside of just seeing Derek's shows, some very strange supernatural like things, and I think that it comes down to if you believe you'll probably always believe, if you don't you don't. Nothing wrong with either view in my opinion.

Obi-Wan :wub:

Adam I did post a couple of stories in the ghost hunting thread i think, I have read Obi-Wans stories, there are some really good ones on there to read :D

Love to hear about all these spooky goings on guys!!

:o Obi I didnt know you were looking for ppl for your movie, remember me if you are, I can play any monster with little make up! ^_^:P;)

• 2 weeks later...
obi-wan Posted on Apr 15 2004, 10:29 PM

I have had so many personal spooky experiences that I could write up. Unfortunately one of them is the basis of my new film and I think I have written a couple up on here already, (I think Narago has read them) but I would love to chat about some sometime. (I might nick your ideas for my next film though so be warned lol!).

Dragonmate - that's cool, I respect your views, but I'm afraid they're not going to change mine. I have experienced things outside of just seeing Derek's shows, some very strange supernatural like things, and I think that it comes down to if you believe you'll probably always believe, if you don't you don't. Nothing wrong with either view in my opinion.

Interesting debate. I have a third theory, perhaps some are not con artists, but neither are they actually speaking to the dead. Maybe they are actually able to read your mind ! Perhaps they have worked out how to use the part of the brain that no one has worked out how to use before, kind of like a telepathy. Maybe they don't even know themselves how they can do it.

I do see Dragonmate's point though, without my passing a judgement on Derek Acorah, they have definetly been a large number of individuals posing as mediums and fleecing the public over the years and whilst I agree some people can find some comfort in this, did you see the poor woman that had got into thousands of pounds in debt after calling up psychic hotlines. Sadly , the criminal mind will always pick the easiest targets.

obi-wan Posted on Apr 29 2004, 06:25 PM

I agree that some do rumble the public and I think those few give the whole thing a bad name, but I truly believe Derek is genuine...eccentric, flamboyant, yes, but genuine.

I don't know much about Derek Acorah (aside from what I have seen on Most Haunted and Psychic Livetime), but I wonder whether he has ever thought to take up the James Randi "One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge". As far as I know, no one has ever proven their psychic ability.

Whilst I retain an open mind on these things, I find it interesting that no one has ever proven their abilities. I still feel that the answers to most of these thing probably lie within our own minds, rather than external forces.

Unbelievable load of tosh!!!!!!!

Derek 'I can con the gullible' Acorah and Yvette ' screams at anything' Fielding...

Every bit of dust or insect turns into 'an orb'....

I must admit though.. it is fairly interesting entertainment.. but don't believe it for a minute..

After all, if there was such a thing as ghosts, don't you think over the annuls of history and the number of people that have died, that we would be outnumbered 100-1??? I think with those odds, a few more would be spotted..

More chance of the Loch Ness Monster existing....

:lol::wub::P:lol::lol::lol::lol: I agree. :lol:

;)