MOST HAUNTED - living tv

summersover

Ooooh I love MH!!!!

You should have been around for the last live one - loads of us from the forum linked up to spot the ghosties (no luck though!)

Anyway, talking about the locations - I've been to Dover Castle (where one of the live shows was) on a number of occasions but havent seen anything!!!

My grandparents however, who happen to live in Dover, have!!!!

They were down in the dungeon corridors and saw what they thought was a drummer boy! (something that has famously been reported by many people!)

Now, as I didnt see it myself I can't say whether that's real or not - but my grandparents seem pretty sane LOL

Spooky stuff! :blink:

Unbelievable load of tosh!!!!!!!

Derek 'I can con the gullible' Acorah and Yvette ' screams at anything' Fielding...

Every bit of dust or insect turns into 'an orb'....

I must admit though.. it is fairly interesting entertainment.. but don't believe it for a minute..

After all, if there was such a thing as ghosts, don't you think over the annuls of history and the number of people that have died, that we would be outnumbered 100-1??? I think with those odds, a few more would be spotted..

More chance of the Loch Ness Monster existing....

How do I get living tv?

Is it on sky or can I get it if I buy one of those set top box thingy majiggys.

(very technical me..yes)

I feel left out, I have to get my mum to wear a sheet instead and jump out every so often..

After all, if there was such a thing as ghosts, don't you think over the annuls of history and the number of people that have died, that we would be outnumbered 100-1??? I think with those odds, a few more would be spotted..

Well, the commonly accepted definition of a ghost suggests that they are spirits who have not yet completed the transgression of going to heaven (if you believe that), being reincarnated (if you believe that), or simply ending (if you believe that).

This therefore suggests that not everyone becomes a ghost, only those that have 'stayed behind' for some reason or another!

Of course this is only if you believe in that kind of thing!

But I just wanted to point out that your argument could be flawed!!!

Sorry for being a pain in the ass LOL :D

You should have been around for the last live one - loads of us from the forum linked up to spot the ghosties (no luck though!)

That's because you were all too busy flirting and getting pissed lol! :o I think I was the only one watching the cams until the end.

Obi-Wan :headscratch:

That's because you were all too busy flirting and getting pissed lol! :lol: I think I was the only one watching the cams until the end.

Obi-Wan :mellow:

LOL - yeah thats probably very true Obi!!!! :lol:

Good fun though!

Well, the commonly accepted definition of a ghost suggests that they are spirits who have not yet completed the transgression of going to heaven (if you believe that), being reincarnated (if you believe that), or simply ending (if you believe that).

This therefore suggests that not everyone becomes a ghost, only those that have 'stayed behind' for some reason or another!

Sorry for being a pain in the ass LOL 

I think you probably got a flavour that I am a complete non-believer..

On your argument, I don't understand how most ghosts come from a specific period in history..

Anyway.. on a serious note.. the problem with Derek Acorah and his likes are that it somehow legitimises a real unsavoury practice whereby victims are fleeced by con-artists who prey on those that have recently lost loved ones and are extremely vulnerable and susceptible to any form of suggestion that they actually live on in some form or another..

If you watch or more importantly listen to most mediums, they are a bit like astrologers and make wide sweeping statements and then home in on their 'hits'. They also employ tactics of baiting for information before shows by planting stooges, etc.. You don't even realise that you are imparting information to the con artists...

These people are in it for the money.. and they get it from people who probably can't afford it, are vulnerable and still clinging on to hope.. I don't know about you, but that leaves a bad taste in my mouth..

On your argument, I don't understand how most ghosts come from a specific period in history..

Anyway.. on a serious note.. the problem with Derek Acorah and his likes are that it somehow legitimises a real unsavoury practice whereby victims are fleeced by con-artists who prey on those that have recently lost loved ones and are extremely vulnerable and susceptible to any form of suggestion that they actually live on in some form or another..

If you watch or more importantly listen to most mediums, they are a bit like astrologers and make wide sweeping statements and then home in on their 'hits'. They also employ tactics of baiting for information before shows by planting stooges, etc.. You don't even realise that you are imparting information to the con artists...

These people are in it for the money.. and they get it from people who probably can't afford it, are vulnerable and still clinging on to hope.. I don't know about you, but that leaves a bad taste in my mouth..

but if he is a hoax or they are hoaxes, who cares , if that helps them grieve ?

but if he is a hoax or they are hoaxes, who cares , if that helps them grieve ?

I think you may be missing the point..

All 'so-called' mediums do it for financial gain!!!

Is it fair to fleece the vulnerable of their hard earned cash???

Is it also fair to keep these people in a state of being strung along.. They perpetuate the hope which in turn actual hinders the natural grieving process..

There are a lot of bad people out there who are quite prepared to take cash from you..

Derek Acorah and his like have turned it into an entertainment, but I believe it does more harm than good and actually aids the conmen..

Edited by dragonmate1

Have you actually seen Derek live? I have. I was kinda sceptical of him at first, I admired him in a cult figure kinda way, but now I truly believe in what this man does.

You argue that Derek is fleecing the public, well I'm afraid this simply isn't true. At his show all that was on sale was a simple programme telling you about him and what he has done. If he was some kind of David Copperfield or the like he would have had a whole wall full of merchandise to sell, but the programme was all that was there.

Derek is very, very careful when dealing with the emotions of the people at his shows. Yes he is a little flamboyant, he openly admits this, but it's just his nature.

Derek does not make, as you suggest, 'wide sweeping statements' but instead hones in on exact details, such as surnames, pet's names, descriptions of rooms he has never entered, I've witnessed this for myself and I was truly amazed, so much so that I'm going to see him again later this year.

As for the stooges thing, yes I considered this even while watching the show, but soon changed my mind. If even one of these people were a stooge then they deserve academy awards. These people were physically shaking with emotion, you just can't fake that. It's kind of pointless really me saying anything here because you really have to experience Derek's show for yourself. No amount of words on my behalf can convince you, I know that.

I had the fortune of meeting Derek after the show, and witnessed how he deals with his fans and I truly believe he is one of the most genuine and caring people I have ever met in my life.

Watching Most Haunted is not the best way to judge his work. You must remember that these programmes are edited (yes even the live ones) to give a certain point of view. Please go see Derek yourself before you condemn him as a 'con artist'

Obi-Wan :wub:

omg... i soooo agree with u!!! i love derek (well not actually but u no wot i mean B) )

i think that he is the greatest ghost talker (lol i fink they are mediens) ever! i dont think he acts atall!!!

Edited by Willow28

Obi.. you misunderstand...

I am not accusing Derek of being a con artist.. he is a showman..

But by doing what he does, so convincingly.. He legitimises the business in which there are a lot of people out there quite prepared to fleece the vulnerable..

This is merely an extension of gypsy fortune telling..

There are more than one way to plant a stooge..

Apart from researching possible subjects, one trick these people employ is to plant their people amongst the audience before the show.. even whilst queuing up.. They get any bit of information in normal conversation that is then used in the show.. As well as planted stooges when things don't work out..

These are very clever and talented people, but able to talk to spitits... come on!!!

Obi.. you misunderstand...

I am not accusing Derek of being a con artist.. he is a showman..

But by doing what he does, so convincingly.. He legitimises the business in which there are a lot of people out there quite prepared to fleece the vulnerable..

This is merely an extension of gypsy fortune telling..

There are more than one way to plant a stooge..

Apart from researching possible subjects, one trick these people employ is to plant their people amongst the audience before the show.. even whilst queuing up.. They get any bit of information in normal conversation that is then used in the show.. As well as planted stooges when things don't work out..

These are very clever and talented people, but able to talk to spitits... come on!!!

I understand completely how SOME fortune tellers and mediums operate, what I'm stating here is that Derek is not one of them.

As I said before I am unable to convince you, you would have had to have been there to witness what I witnessed. I know that certainly nobody struck up conversation with myself or anyone that I knew that attended the show prior to or during the show. If people had been planted among the audience to do such a thing wouldn't those audience members then have rumbled Derek and exposed him as a fraud there and then? I know I would have done. Derek has worked all over the world to great acclaim for over thirty years, if he was fooling the public don't you think he would have slipped up or been rumbled by now?

I'm a true believer that everything in this world is not as black and white as it may seem, we have to admit that there are things we simply do not know. Why can a power to channel spirits of the dead not be one of them?

Obi-Wan :unsure:

I used to watch that show, but when it was one of the live shows, the ghost who lives in my house did not like it so i dont watch it as i had to sleep with my light on for about 2 weeks, as it kept standing at the bottom of my bed.

I hate talking about it within my house as evertime i say something, something always happend, the first time something happend was before i was born when my mum used to hear things, and doors opening, but nothing has happend for years, but about 3 years ago my sister heard a noise outside so she sat up when she was in bed and opened the window, and then she said something came through the window and pushed her back into the bed so she could not move, my sisters 20 and she dont lie, and she never gets scared but she had to move out after this.

And as i said i was watching living tv live haunted just after new years day, and i woke up with my mum screaming and she said there was a man looking at her from the bottom of the bed, things have happend to me in my room but i dont care because i am also moving out soon! ha ha!