Another great guest announcement for LFCC at 7pm on friday

I have to agree with whats been said a few posts up, as much as I know that that cheeky monkey Jason likes to play games and theres no harm in guessing, these threads do seem to end up with people posting unrealistic names that won't ever happen and people get their hopes up that it'll be her or him and undoubtedly this will ALWAYS lead to someone/some fandom being let down. In the past names have been announced and I've had to imdb them to figure out who the heck they are but clearly they mean something to some people.

Gillian Anderson was a HUGE scoop for Showmasters (of that we can all agree) even non #XFiles Fans were amazed with Jason bagging 50% of the most infamous partnership on tv.

Then last year the Son of God was announced (Jett Lucas) and that was beyond epic!!!!

Admittedly a few pages ago I parodied myself by saying Harrison Ford, someone of his scope and other a listers are too unrealistic.

Lets hope tonight people will be happy (and not many will be disappointed) :)

• Like 2

My tip off are a little bigger than tip off to be honest, but I never tell because I don't really want to spoil Christmas and nobodies Expendable!

Stallone it is then.

I'm still all about a Last of the Summer wine reunion.

That wouldn't be a convention, it would be a cemetery!

Edited by Wrong Name

My tip off are a little bigger than tip off to be honest, but I never tell because I don't really want to spoil Christmas and nobodies Expendable!

Stallone it is then.

I'm still all about a Last of the Summer wine reunion.

A Coccon cast reunion would be great also.

Edited by cropsy2008

I'm emotionally unstable because of this. I'm trying to stay calm because chances are the guest will be someone I don't want to meet, because they're relevant to something I haven't seen. But at the same time it could possibly be someone I really want to meet. I don't know how to feel!

Best way to deal with it is go ahead with your day.. come back later .. if it's someone you like then get excited, and if not then go eat dinner or something! :D

Ahah I know. I've been around for a lot of these 'great guest to be announced on Friday' things.

We've not spoken that much David, but you do a great job with the Showmasters Twitter account-good job! :clap::dance:

Best way to deal with it is go ahead with your day.. come back later .. if it's someone you like then get excited, and if not then go eat dinner or something! :D

So, stay in boozer & drink, then come 7:01 or 7:36 if forum crashes :whistling: if it's someone want meet, drink to celebrate thek coming. However if it's someone don't want meet, knowing me not heard of, just carry on drinking.......yeah I reckon I can manage that! :coolthumb:

Edited by madmilburn
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Ahah I know. I've been around for a lot of these 'great guest to be announced on Friday' things.

We've not spoken that much David, but you do a great job with the Showmasters Twitter account-good job! :clap::dance:

Why thank you :) I do enjoy it on there.

Part of me is really hoping that it's someone I don't want to meet because I would like this con to be as mellow as it can be. On the other hand, I've been waiting for Bill Paxton to be announced for over 10 years and, with him now being in SHIELD, there's a slim possibility and I would lose it. In fact, any Marvel guest would be great *cough*ClarkGregg*cough*

• Like 3

I think people need to take these threads with a pinch of salt and just go with the flow. I know some people get excited at the prospect of it being one of their heroes but some people sound like they are putting their health at risk with anticipation and waiting around.

The utter seethe and disappointment when Jett Lucas was announced was great reading. The place was in meltdown.

Just relax and enjoy the fun people. Life is too short to be getting angry/disappointed/agitated at a guest announcement.

• Like 4