Stan Lee - Clarification

i've been coming to

quick question if i buy an early bird ticket in advance id have more of a chance to get in first right and to get stuff signed? then get a VQ ticket from stan's area compared to queuing up in the morning for an early bird ticket then getting a stan VQ ticket

There will be two entry queues for Early Bird tickets. One for those that buy in advance and one for those who buy on the day. They will both be let in at the same time when the event opens. However one queue has to purchase a ticket while the other has to pay first. In theory the latter will take longer. That said it does depend on your relative position in the queue. People at the front of the pay on the day queue will get in before those at the end of the pre bought queue.

quick question if i buy an early bird ticket in advance id have more of a chance to get in first right and to get stuff signed? then get a VQ ticket from stan's area compared to queuing up in the morning for an early bird ticket then getting a stan VQ ticket

Yes and no. Buying your ticket in advance certainly means the queue will move faster in the morning than the pay on the day queue.

However, it all depends on what time you arrive. I have been to events and arrived 1.5 hours early where the pay on the day queue has been fairly short and the prebooked line has been big, so people paying on the day actually got in faster.

That being said my philosophy is always to buy in advance and get to the venue 1.5-2hrs before the doors open. Been doing it this way for years and have never missed a guest I wanted to meet :)

i've been coming to showmasters since i was about 14 lol and stan is the only guest im really gonna be gutted if i miss him lol and i dont normally buy in advance so its basically a 50/50 the tiny factors will adjust the ending plus me asking all this is just me panicking lol i know showmasters run great cons and have amazing guests im just a worrying person lol

I can answer 5 for you. Stan is a machine when it comes to signings. I have done maybe 6 signings with the guy and he can motor when needed. It is not a case of walk up have a 5 min chat get your stuff signed. It is hand your stuff to the handler and get it signed and move on.

Many thanks for the Heads Up on the way Stan Signs.

Much as I like Stan and I would love to have his Autograph if he, as TooTall puts it " signs like the Shatner " I will not be treated in this way and wont be getting anything signed.

For me William Shatner was the worst experience of my Autograph Collecting life and I have promised myself never will I put myself through this AGAIN. While I have nothing against William but the guy never even looked at me never mind a Hello ! I don't expect a 5 min chat with anyone how ever I at least expect a Hello , sign , Thanks etc may be a shake of the hand and not to be treated like I'm a Nobody or that I'm not even there which is how I felt I was treated by Wlliam as there where so many other people wanting to see him.

I don't see why I have to put up with this I know there are other people who are looking to meet him to and why not Stan's a Legend but at what cost ? Well that would be at my own experience and I wont do that.

Although I do feel that someone should work out how much time each person can have with him and put a Cap on how many people can see him. Once all those tickets are given out well tough you should have got there earlier. I mean if everyone had say 30 seconds with him I feel this is more than enough time to have a pleasant experience ie for the person to look up say Hello sign and thanks bye. Is that to much to ask ? And why do I have to give my Item to be signed to some one else ? Why cant I hand it to Stan myself ? This reminds me of the first time I met Carrie Fisher yes she signed my photo and was a very nice lady said Hello and looked at me but she didn't TOUCH my photo ! Yes believe it or not its True ! Didn't touch it once I had to hand it to the guy next to her who held it down for her to sign with her hand in the air Bazaar I know she didn't like most people rest her signing hand on the photo. How ever the 2nd time I met her she did ! So I feel there should be a Cap on the tickets.

After all when the Hobbits where at Collectormania for the very first time all the Tickets where given out but at no time did I feel rushed with any of them ( Yes I was Lucky I got to see all four of them but I did get there early and no not over night lol ) . Blimey Billy even stood up for me to show just how tall he really is now thats an experience I will take to my grave but with William Shatner I would rather forget :( and I don't want that with Stan Lee.

Does anyone else agree or am I alone on this subject ?

I agree with you to an extent, there is nothing worse than a conveyor belt signing BUT on the otherhand I get why they have to be like this sometimes, that said though there is no excuse for rudeness from guests a quick look up and hello are all some of us need, Shannen Doherty was appalling she had hardly any queue and was just plain rude she took the pic from me whilst texting on her phone didn't reply to my hello and just shoved it back to me with a begrudging thanks, she is outright the worst person I have ever paid to meet.

Maybe I'm too kind but I'd rather everyone got that much sought after autograph from Stan Lee rather than just a limited number who get the autograph and a conversation in my opinion if you want that talk with him then pay extra for the gold tickets which get meet and greets etc, there's a reason they're called signing events :smile:

I can answer 5 for you. Stan is a machine when it comes to signings. I have done maybe 6 signings with the guy and he can motor when needed. It is not a case of walk up have a 5 min chat get your stuff signed. It is hand your stuff to the handler and get it signed and move on.

Many thanks for the Heads Up on the way Stan Signs.

Much as I like Stan and I would love to have his Autograph if he, as TooTall puts it " signs like the Shatner " I will not be treated in this way and wont be getting anything signed.

For me William Shatner was the worst experience of my Autograph Collecting life and I have promised myself never will I put myself through this AGAIN. While I have nothing against William but the guy never even looked at me never mind a Hello ! I don't expect a 5 min chat with anyone how ever I at least expect a Hello , sign , Thanks etc may be a shake of the hand and not to be treated like I'm a Nobody or that I'm not even there which is how I felt I was treated by Wlliam as there where so many other people wanting to see him.

I don't see why I have to put up with this I know there are other people who are looking to meet him to and why not Stan's a Legend but at what cost ? Well that would be at my own experience and I wont do that.

Although I do feel that someone should work out how much time each person can have with him and put a Cap on how many people can see him. Once all those tickets are given out well tough you should have got there earlier. I mean if everyone had say 30 seconds with him I feel this is more than enough time to have a pleasant experience ie for the person to look up say Hello sign and thanks bye. Is that to much to ask ? And why do I have to give my Item to be signed to some one else ? Why cant I hand it to Stan myself ? This reminds me of the first time I met Carrie Fisher yes she signed my photo and was a very nice lady said Hello and looked at me but she didn't TOUCH my photo ! Yes believe it or not its True ! Didn't touch it once I had to hand it to the guy next to her who held it down for her to sign with her hand in the air Bazaar I know she didn't like most people rest her signing hand on the photo. How ever the 2nd time I met her she did ! So I feel there should be a Cap on the tickets.

After all when the Hobbits where at Collectormania for the very first time all the Tickets where given out but at no time did I feel rushed with any of them ( Yes I was Lucky I got to see all four of them but I did get there early and no not over night lol ) . Blimey Billy even stood up for me to show just how tall he really is now thats an experience I will take to my grave but with William Shatner I would rather forget :( and I don't want that with Stan Lee.

Does anyone else agree or am I alone on this subject ?

I agree with you to an extent, there is nothing worse than a conveyor belt signing BUT on the otherhand I get why they have to be like this sometimes, that said though there is no excuse for rudeness from guests a quick look up and hello are all some of us need, Shannen Doherty was appalling she had hardly any queue and was just plain rude she took the pic from me whilst texting on her phone didn't reply to my hello and just shoved it back to me with a begrudging thanks, she is outright the worst person I have ever paid to meet.

Maybe I'm too kind but I'd rather everyone got that much sought after autograph from Stan Lee rather than just a limited number who get the autograph and a conversation in my opinion if you want that talk with him then pay extra for the gold tickets which get meet and greets etc, there's a reason they're called signing events :smile:

The meet and greet are fantastic from Stan, telling the old stories absolute legend. Been lucky enough to have been to my fair few and anyone going its a night to remember.

I know I have asked this, but don't think anyone has answered it. I have a wall art that I bought from B&Q - Marvel comics wall art, would this be fine for Stan to sign, it's authentic Marvel stuff, not some knock off stuff that you see in xmas shops XD

Here this is what it looks like - http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv329/ManicTheChosenOne2009/PICT0001_zps01c325d3.jpg

• Showmasters Admin

I know I have asked this, but don't think anyone has answered it. I have a wall art that I bought from B&Q - Marvel comics wall art, would this be fine for Stan to sign, it's authentic Marvel stuff, not some knock off stuff that you see in xmas shops XD

Here this is what it looks like - http://i696.photobuc...zps01c325d3.jpg

That'll be fine. We are not aware of any restrictions on items to be signed.

Can someone advise me that by buying a comic silver pass that this will guarantee me an autograph with Stan Lee. On the forum it says:

"Comic gold, comic silver, standard gold (up to 300). All these wristbands will have an "SL" on them to denote they provide priority access to the Stan lee queue".

Is this correct as I getting mixed messages. Will the silver have SL on it or not? I want to purchase my ticket but showmasters aren't been precise in their answers !!!