Stan Lee - Clarification

Sorry if I missed this being asked, or have miss understood! For Comic Gold passes…...

Are you able to be part of priority queuing for a photoshoot OR the talk OR the signature queue? And not two or all?

And also, When are these passes being sent out? Just So I don't panic the whole time! :D

Thankyou again for all your hard work, you guys rock it every year! :wub:

It's all in the first post. ;)

Comic Gold gets priority queueing for photos and autographs both. Also Comic Gold gets access to the Meet and Greet with Stan Lee, the Evening with Stan Lee and Audience sith Stan Lee.

TooTall is clarifying the procedure for Gold Passes. In the prior years nothing was mailed. You brought your print out and got the ticket on the day.

Thankyou so much, sorry for being a bit slow on that! :D Much appreciated!

also still not quite understanding process can you please explain whether as a comic gold pass member when have more than x amount of items as to whether I either have to A) have the pass redeemed and only then go up for VQ ticket or option b can grab vq ticket before redeeming gold pass for use later on in same day?

Edited by animefan1984

• Moderators

So if I have early entry for Sunday what are my chances of getting Stan ?

A better chance than those coming in standard time. There's never any guarantee but getting there early will increase your chances.

• Showmasters Admin

I honestly don't mean to be flippant but how long is a piece of string? It's dependant on so many things...

1: How many people with access to the priority queue leave it until Sunday?

2: What time you get there?

3: How many people are in the queue in front of you that want Stan?

4: How long you can stay?

5: How fast Stan Lee signs?

These are all things we don't know. It could be he's open queue by mid afternoon on Sunday because he signs like the Shatner, it could be we only get up to VT 800 and you got to the show at 9:30am and got 801. It's just impossible to say. There are too many variables.

All I can say is the earlier you get in the queue, and the longer you can stay, the higher your chances of getting into the queue gets. So I would certainly get early-bird to maximise your chances.

• Like 1

also still not quite understanding process can you please explain whether as a comic gold pass member when have more than x amount of items as to whether I either have to A) have the pass redeemed and only then go up for VQ ticket or option b can grab vq ticket before redeeming gold pass for use later on in same day?

Grab a VT as soon as you can. Then you can use that to join the normal queue and your wristband to join the priority queue.

Too Tall, I'm wanting to get a autograph from Stan on the friday evening preview, but what happens if there's a big queue as I cannot stand too long due to myself being disabled and my mom (whom is my carer) has a bad back.

Drop the office a line marked FAO TooTall and explain your problem. TooTall will help you figure out things.

Thanks for letting me know :-)

We're going Friday and Saturday and my son has autism. I hope this isn't the Newcastle entrance policy again.

Please do email in.

Ok, will do. What's the email address please.

• Moderators

Too Tall, I'm wanting to get a autograph from Stan on the friday evening preview, but what happens if there's a big queue as I cannot stand too long due to myself being disabled and my mom (whom is my carer) has a bad back.

Drop the office a line marked FAO TooTall and explain your problem. TooTall will help you figure out things.

Thanks for letting me know :-)

We're going Friday and Saturday and my son has autism. I hope this isn't the Newcastle entrance policy again.

Please do email in.

Ok, will do. What's the email address please.

info@showmastersonline.com

subject line FAO TooTall

Whenever a VQ system is in operation the limit is 5 items. If Stan will have a lower limit this will be announced in time.

As the Golds will have to stick to this limit too - they can't go round again - what's to stop them getting VTs the moment they get in the door?

The schedule for the photoshoots will not be confirmed and posted until closer to the event. The number of photoshoot areas used on the Friday preview night will depend on the number of final guests arranged to visit. The chances are your shoots could be by the same photographer and won't clash. Don't be alarmed if they do as you will just need to show a crew member in one of the areas your photo tickets and they will suggest the best one to go to first as often there are different lengths of time.

I honestly don't mean to be flippant but how long is a piece of string? It's dependant on so many things...

1: How many people with access to the priority queue leave it until Sunday?

2: What time you get there?

3: How many people are in the queue in front of you that want Stan?

4: How long you can stay?

5: How fast Stan Lee signs?

These are all things we don't know. It could be he's open queue by mid afternoon on Sunday because he signs like the Shatner, it could be we only get up to VT 800 and you got to the show at 9:30am and got 801. It's just impossible to say. There are too many variables.

All I can say is the earlier you get in the queue, and the longer you can stay, the higher your chances of getting into the queue gets. So I would certainly get early-bird to maximise your chances.

I can answer 5 for you. Stan is a machine when it comes to signings. I have done maybe 6 signings with the guy and he can motor when needed. It is not a case of walk up have a 5 min chat get your stuff signed. It is hand your stuff to the handler and get it signed and move on.

• Like 1

I can answer 5 for you. Stan is a machine when it comes to signings. I have done maybe 6 signings with the guy and he can motor when needed. It is not a case of walk up have a 5 min chat get your stuff signed. It is hand your stuff to the handler and get it signed and move on.

Many thanks for the Heads Up on the way Stan Signs.

Much as I like Stan and I would love to have his Autograph if he, as TooTall puts it " signs like the Shatner " I will not be treated in this way and wont be getting anything signed.

For me William Shatner was the worst experience of my Autograph Collecting life and I have promised myself never will I put myself through this AGAIN. While I have nothing against William but the guy never even looked at me never mind a Hello ! I don't expect a 5 min chat with anyone how ever I at least expect a Hello , sign , Thanks etc may be a shake of the hand and not to be treated like I'm a Nobody or that I'm not even there which is how I felt I was treated by Wlliam as there where so many other people wanting to see him.

I don't see why I have to put up with this I know there are other people who are looking to meet him to and why not Stan's a Legend but at what cost ? Well that would be at my own experience and I wont do that.

Although I do feel that someone should work out how much time each person can have with him and put a Cap on how many people can see him. Once all those tickets are given out well tough you should have got there earlier. I mean if everyone had say 30 seconds with him I feel this is more than enough time to have a pleasant experience ie for the person to look up say Hello sign and thanks bye. Is that to much to ask ? And why do I have to give my Item to be signed to some one else ? Why cant I hand it to Stan myself ? This reminds me of the first time I met Carrie Fisher yes she signed my photo and was a very nice lady said Hello and looked at me but she didn't TOUCH my photo ! Yes believe it or not its True ! Didn't touch it once I had to hand it to the guy next to her who held it down for her to sign with her hand in the air Bazaar I know she didn't like most people rest her signing hand on the photo. How ever the 2nd time I met her she did ! So I feel there should be a Cap on the tickets.

After all when the Hobbits where at Collectormania for the very first time all the Tickets where given out but at no time did I feel rushed with any of them ( Yes I was Lucky I got to see all four of them but I did get there early and no not over night lol ) . Blimey Billy even stood up for me to show just how tall he really is now thats an experience I will take to my grave but with William Shatner I would rather forget :( and I don't want that with Stan Lee.

Does anyone else agree or am I alone on this subject ?

I agree on some part. I don't see the problem on handing your item to someone else as this is often the case at other conventions as well. While the actor is busy with the person in front of you, you hand over your item to the assistent and he/she'll write down your name. Especially for bigger names this is a time saving thing and not one that takes away from the experience necessarily. I've handed over the items to each of the dwarves' assistants I've met, but that didn't mean they wouldn't give me a handshake or be very nice.

I too have had a similar, bad experience with Shatner. It didn't get to me as much because I was getting the autograph for my dad (who's a big Star Trek fan), but I can honestly understand that to be treated that way by someone you like or admire is disappointing stuff (especially with that price). BUT, who's to say that it will be like that with Stan Lee? Sure, you may not have a minute to talk to him and your item will be handed over by an assistant. But that doesn't mean he won't be polite and say hi. Peter Dinklage was really busy last year and I don't think I even had 30 seconds, but he was very friendly and acknowledged you were there. Being very busy and slightly rushed doesn't have to take away from the experience, it just really depends on the guest.

• Showmasters Admin

Whenever a VQ system is in operation the limit is 5 items. If Stan will have a lower limit this will be announced in time.

As the Golds will have to stick to this limit too - they can't go round again - what's to stop them getting VTs the moment they get in the door?

The limit for Golds and Silvers has simply not been discussed yet. Once we have an answer I'll make sure it's posted.

Totally agree with you.

I can let you know that Stan wont personalise anything. I have got 1 thing personalised over my years doing some of his signings, mainly at Comic Con and New York. Dont forget Stan is in his 90s, he is great for that age and hopefully wont disappoint.

Much as I like Stan and I would love to have his Autograph if he, as TooTall puts it " signs like the Shatner " I will not be treated in this way and wont be getting anything signed.

For me William Shatner was the worst experience of my Autograph Collecting life and I have promised myself never will I put myself through this AGAIN. While I have nothing against William but the guy never even looked at me never mind a Hello ! I don't expect a 5 min chat with anyone how ever I at least expect a Hello , sign , Thanks etc may be a shake of the hand and not to be treated like I'm a Nobody or that I'm not even there which is how I felt I was treated by Wlliam as there where so many other people wanting to see him.

I don't see why I have to put up with this I know there are other people who are looking to meet him to and why not Stan's a Legend but at what cost ? Well that would be at my own experience and I wont do that.

Although I do feel that someone should work out how much time each person can have with him and put a Cap on how many people can see him. Once all those tickets are given out well tough you should have got there earlier. I mean if everyone had say 30 seconds with him I feel this is more than enough time to have a pleasant experience ie for the person to look up say Hello sign and thanks bye. Is that to much to ask ? And why do I have to give my Item to be signed to some one else ? Why cant I hand it to Stan myself ? This reminds me of the first time I met Carrie Fisher yes she signed my photo and was a very nice lady said Hello and looked at me but she didn't TOUCH my photo ! Yes believe it or not its True ! Didn't touch it once I had to hand it to the guy next to her who held it down for her to sign with her hand in the air Bazaar I know she didn't like most people rest her signing hand on the photo. How ever the 2nd time I met her she did ! So I feel there should be a Cap on the tickets.

After all when the Hobbits where at Collectormania for the very first time all the Tickets where given out but at no time did I feel rushed with any of them ( Yes I was Lucky I got to see all four of them but I did get there early and no not over night lol ) . Blimey Billy even stood up for me to show just how tall he really is now thats an experience I will take to my grave but with William Shatner I would rather forget :( and I don't want that with Stan Lee.

I agree on some part. I don't see the problem on handing your item to someone else as this is often the case at other conventions as well. While the actor is busy with the person in front of you, you hand over your item to the assistent and he/she'll write down your name. Especially for bigger names this is a time saving thing and not one that takes away from the experience necessarily. I've handed over the items to each of the dwarves' assistants I've met, but that didn't mean they wouldn't give me a handshake or be very nice.

I too have had a similar, bad experience with Shatner. It didn't get to me as much because I was getting the autograph for my dad (who's a big Star Trek fan), but I can honestly understand that to be treated that way by someone you like or admire is disappointing stuff (especially with that price). BUT, who's to say that it will be like that with Stan Lee? Sure, you may not have a minute to talk to him and your item will be handed over by an assistant. But that doesn't mean he won't be polite and say hi. Peter Dinklage was really busy last year and I don't think I even had 30 seconds, but he was very friendly and acknowledged you were there. Being very busy and slightly rushed doesn't have to take away from the experience, it just really depends on the guest.

With Dinklage I had a massive conversation with him. I did had something like 14 things for him to sign so that takes time to get through.

• Showmasters Admin

The first time Bill Shatner came was not good for the fans. That we can all agree on. It didn't happen the second time and it didn't happen at either of the DST events.

We will be running the queue the same way we have for all of the big guests for the last 18 months or so.

Why does the crew member have to take the item? Quite simply, YOU may be reasonable and are thinking of the people behind you, but too many people don't. They will come up to the guest and keep their item in THEIR hands, knowing that whilst the guest hasn't signed it they can't be moved on. We've seen it time and time again. This is why we ask for the item(s) and the GA passes the item across. Yes maybe it's the few spoiling it for the many but with soooo many people wanting to see Stan we are going to have to make sure that queue keeps moving.

We do want everyone to have a good experience, and we do mean EVERYONE and sometimes that means putting in place restrictions and processes that people maybe don't like so we can ensure as many people that want to meet a guest get to.

With Dinklage I had a massive conversation with him. I did had something like 14 things for him to sign so that takes time to get through.

Same here with Peter Dinklage. I think remember having the item handed over to him but he acknowledged me, complimented my tattoos, and answered my question about his movie 'Knights Of Badassdom'.

I don't mind having my items handed over with the biggest guests, I fully understand why this is done. I felt rushed through during Arnold Schwarzenegger's book signing but this was done to ensure everyone got an autograph. I was the one who made the effort to thank him and shake his hand otherwise I would have been ushered on with no words spoken. In fact the system was so quick he had free time and allowed people without wristbands to see him.

I do expect the guest to acknowledge you, even it's just to look up and smile. Shaking of the hand would be a nice bonus.

Edited by Graphic_Delusions

• Showmasters Admin

i just want to clear this up a little , the crew person sitting next to Stan, the assistant, will pass it over to Stan, its how we have done this for years its nothing new or different in any way with big guests.

the signing needs to be effective and fair as that is how we run things at Showmasters fair for everyone and we want everyone to have a good time and get what they want, but the singing sessions are just that a "signing session" not a meet and greet , also we have seen things signed by Stan voting for 100s or even 1000s so the price is very fair and we want as many of his fans to be able to get what they want signed but it has to be well managed and fair for everyone.

So lets not all get worried , we have done this all before, so lets all look forward to an amazing weekend with the Legend that is Stan Lee and have an amazing time at what is going to be the largest LFCC we have ever ran , we have lots more in the works for this years event so get ready and do not miss out.

Jason

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Showmasters crew will be running the lines and looking after the fans and their products. The way we do this for all our guests big or small over the weekend it will run smoothly. We have done this many times before and we never have issues with guest lines as they are very well managed.

We will see you all in July.

Jason

Edited by 1of2

quick question if i buy an early bird ticket in advance id have more of a chance to get in first right and to get stuff signed? then get a VQ ticket from stan's area compared to queuing up in the morning for an early bird ticket then getting a stan VQ ticket

quick question if i buy an early bird ticket in advance id have more of a chance to get in first right and to get stuff signed? then get a VQ ticket from stan's area compared to queuing up in the morning for an early bird ticket then getting a stan VQ ticket

There will be two entry queues for Early Bird tickets. One for those that buy in advance and one for those who buy on the day. They will both be let in at the same time when the event opens. However one queue has to purchase a ticket while the other has to pay first. In theory the latter will take longer. That said it does depend on your relative position in the queue. People at the front of the pay on the day queue will get in before those at the end of the pre bought queue.

Yes and no. Buying your ticket in advance certainly means the queue will move faster in the morning than the pay on the day queue.

However, it all depends on what time you arrive. I have been to events and arrived 1.5 hours early where the pay on the day queue has been fairly short and the prebooked line has been big, so people paying on the day actually got in faster.

That being said my philosophy is always to buy in advance and get to the venue 1.5-2hrs before the doors open. Been doing it this way for years and have never missed a guest I wanted to meet :)

• Like 1