Disabled Access to the Con?

I have a few questions since this is going to be my first ever con and I was wondering what the disabled access is like for people with walking aids and wheelchairs?

I, myself use a walking stick to get around and can't stand to long and my mother also uses sticks but if she's having a bad day uses a wheelchair. I am curious about what access is given to disabled people for waiting in the queues?

Also what are the queues like for guest autographs and photos..since I will admit the main reason I am coming to this con is to hopefully meet Johnny Yong Bosch. :)

Do I need to contact people in advance to give my details and my disability?

And what are the disabled facilities like at the stadium? Are there ramps and the like?

Thanks.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. I looked around and couldn't see anything about disabled attendees or if there is anything I missed it.

~Val

Regarding the stadium itself maybe http://www.mkdons.com/fans/disabled-supporters/ would answer some of your questions and tell you what the stadium itself offers by way of disabled facilities.

As for the event, any of the crew looking after the area of the guest you're going to see will help you if you make yourself known to them.

Otherwise I'd suggest going to the information desk when you arrive and they will probably put you in contact with the overall pit boss Too Tall ( you can't miss him !! ) who will liase with you.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

The Virtual Queue system is meant to make your wait in line as small as possible. That system means you pick up a ticket and get in line only when your number is called. Until the number is called you're free to do other things - go off and check the dealers room or find a quiet area to wait if you feel the need to sit down.

For additional help please do what dwarfbabe has posted. TooTall will help and set some things up for you in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a season ticket holder at the don, a regular attendee of SM events and my son's disabled. Let me put your mind at rest, you have nothing to worry about. Staff, guests and attendees will always help you out. There's no issue that hasn't been faced and over come before and you'll leave having met whoever you want to meet.

As far as the stadium goes it's 100% uefa compliant and has hosted international games, disabled access and parking is excellent (and free).

My only concern would be the stairs up to the concourse where the photo shoots were held last November...I even struggled. But then I assume there must be some kind of lift to help get up there somewhere if need be ?

The Milton Keynes stadium is allmost brand new compared to other venues so its fully compliant with all the access laws for the disabled including lifts, ramps,modified toilets etc. You'll have no worries at all. when it comes to the queues just make your self known to the staff and they'll help you with whatever you need. SM are really good.