Comments on the Show

Madgwick

Overall a great show guys - well done!

Great to see Al Bean such a popular guest and thoroughly deserved as he wanted to chat to each guest and ensure everyone had what they wanted from him.

However on occasions the queue for him was nearly an hour long and this was primarily due to other "dealers" getting up to 50 items signed in one go.

Please, in future, can you impose a limit of, say, 10 items in one go for anyone in the queue - after all, if thye want more items signed, they can just go to the back and queue again. But it's not fair or welcome to force all the other guests to queue for so long and this was not well organised on this occasion.

Best guests? In my opinion this was Hoot Gibson & Rhea Seddon who were very gracious and enthusiastic with all the guests. Really hope you can persuade them to come back in a few year's time.

Greg Johnson was also extremely popular and another great guest as were the SR-71 guys - as always.

One final request - please can we have some cosmonauts back? They were a terrific addition in previous years and I'm sure Dave Shayler could help arrange some repeat visits.

Roll on the next show!

• Like 1

The thing is though, that the order will just be split into 5 people.

I’ve stood behind large groups of ‘Showmasters’ crew members [presumably for Showmasters] each getting the limit amount of things being signed before. So it shows that it’s not just dealers doing it.

I think that the best solution is to get all ‘dealer’ / ‘large’ deals done out of show hours. Maybe get the guys to do them before coming onto the floor. If you’re dropping £5000+ you at least deserve some preferential treatment too – rather than a rushed cramped table.

As others have said, like it or not - it’s these transactions that are underwriting some of the costs. So we have to put up with, and accommodate them somehow.

Hello!

THANK YOU!!!

Thank you, Dave, and thank you to all of the "Autographica"-team, which made this beautiful event possible.

It was a fantastic show as always.

My one day trip from Stuttgart to London was really worthwhile.The meetings with the astronauts and movie stars deep impressive for me.

It was a great moment for me, as I met again the moonwalker Buzz Aldrin.I met him at my first "Autographica in October 2005 and now at my sixth "Autographica".Great!

Also very important for me,was the meeting with moonwalker Alan Bean.My first meeting with him and the sixth moonwalker where I met until now.Very kind man.

My meeting with Space Shuttle-astronaut Greg H.Johnson was also very nice.He spoke a little bit German with me because he lived in Wiesbaden and in Kaiserslautern until he was 6 years old.His dad was a soldier in Germany.

Amazing also my meetings with the famous movie stars Barbara Bain,Kenny Baker and Glyn Baker.

And I don`t like to forget the encounters with all my friends of the "Autographica"-family.

Here you can watch my pics of "A 20"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/helmut_heisig/

and here you can see my movie about "My day at "Autographica 20"

Best from Stuttgart in Germany,

Helmut

• Like 5

It is thanks to Helmut's videos that I decided to come to the convention from Austria. My expectations were really exceeded! Thank you very much for all your troubles and was also a pleasure of meeting Dave! I'll be back! :D

One thing I'd like to highlight - this is the second Autographica in a row I've been called back after a lovely encounter with an actor I admire, and told I've not paid yet. On both occassions I did pay before the meeting. I understand this is just a mistake on the part of the crew member and they are only human, but it's very embarrassing when it happens. It would be bad enough in any other circumstances, but for it to happen just after a really pleasant encounter with your hero, it's not nice. It taints the memories of the meeting, and makes you wonder if the actor then thinks less of you if he believes you genuinely didn't pay. At least this time around the crew member realised I was telling the truth, but last time I got the feeling she wasn't entirely convinced I had paid.

I've been going to Showmasters shows for the past decade and have never forgotten to pay, so perhaps it could be emphasised to crew members to be extra vigilant when taking our money?

First time I went to the Autographica from Switzerland. The main-reason for me was Christopher Neame.

And because it was close to the Heathrow Airport so I decided to travel over just only for 24 hours.

Yep, I might be broken again (like the most of us here :whistling: ) but it was worth to meet the guest and to have the chance to talkt with them.

Robert Davi... a bad guy in Licence to Kill was a true gentleman / entertainer - he had a lot to tell about his work at the dinner.

Also Mr. Murray Melvin was a true gentleman.

And now my Story with Christopher Neame: ... a charming guy. It was a true pleasure to meet him... The funny thing is... and nobody from my village new it for 40 years:

Christopher Neame starred with Robert Wagner in the BBC Serie "Colditz". I never have seen it before and decided (a few weeks ago) to get the DVD. When I watched the 15th Episode "Gone Away" my breath stocked. Robert Wagner and Edward Hardwicke escaped from "Colditz" and a few scenes are filmed on location. Suddently I noticed a bridge over a river which looks familar to me... oh my godness... it was filmed just a few kilometers from my home.

Then a few minutes later... I couldn't believe it... there was really a scene filmed in my village... and my parent are extras in the background: side-by-side with Robert Wagner. My parents always told me that they have been in movie but never knew what the title is nor seen it.

So Christopher Neame was really surprised and he asked... If I do like the show. Yes I do... its very well played... of course.. from today standard... a little bit slow but still very entertaining.

I found it very relaxed and well organized. And all guests (those I've met) have been very friendly. Also Barbara Bain, the Bond Girls, Glyn Baker, David Prowse...

Well.. lets seen when I get another chance to come over.

• Like 1

another brilliant time at autographica highlight was meeting Hoot and Reha and Buzz talked to me at the drinks reception amazing time spent Saturday at the lectures and Sunday strolling round the dealers room and I got Hoot and reha's autographs and also the Space Shuttle book

holidays booked for September !

Hello!

Thank you for your nice comments about my video and I`m glad you like it. I hope a lot of people will watch it and then they to want to go to the next show.

Tomorrow, it`s one week ago after my stay at "Autographica 20" and I`m still impressed about my meetings there.It was fantastic.Thanks again to Dave and his team.

Best

Helmut