Steampunk costume popularity

morningstar

My girlfriend and I are thinking of going to LFCC. This will be her first convention and my second, although a cosplay first for the both of us. I've been looking to see if there were any galleries of photos of costumes from previous shows around, mainly to see the level of detail/effort everyone goes to, but also as we are thinking of doing steampunk versions of two DC characters.

Is steampunk popular at LFCC? Is anyone else thinking of doing something steampunk this year?

There were a few steampunk cosplayers at LFCC last year. I don't recall seeing a huge number but there were definitely some.

The main thing with cosplay is that you are comfortable in what you are wearing and that you enjoy yourself. And be prepared for people to stop you and ask for photos. If you want to do steampunk, go for it.

There were a few steampunk cosplayers at LFCC last year. I don't recall seeing a huge number but there were definitely some.

The main thing with cosplay is that you are comfortable in what you are wearing and that you enjoy yourself. And be prepared for people to stop you and ask for photos. If you want to do steampunk, go for it.

I kinda like that steampunk characters are still small in number. Might help make my costume stand out. i just hope people "get" it (they should do though. And even if they don't I'm sure they'll just ask).

Am really excited about it right now, although I'm sure I'll get nervous on the day before I arrive. If i go on both days, I might break out my Pennywise inspired costume for Sunday.