Shining Photographs!

farmer

Can somebody please help me!. :) I'd ordered a large Shining photograph of the twins from MovieMarket, but it has just arrived and is a grainy horrible blob. Where you can barely work out who they are!. Agh!. Has anybody else found a supplier that has great photographs of them?. I want ideally it to be bigger than 10 x 8, and of awesome quality?. Can anybody confirm that they'll be on sale at the show?.

I'm sure on the day dealers will have stills from the movie but unfortunately the stills for this movie are few and far between as Stanley personally selected the ones to be given to the press and also why the lobby card sets are easy to pick up, over the years though a lot of behind the scenes photos have been released but I've not really seen any with the twins. Online you can get hi res screen captures but I'm not sure about actual photos. I did find this though that is a bit different. It's not as hq as you might want but if it was unique enough then if you email him he might have higher quality ones available.

http://www.theoverlookhotel.com/post/52463899168/the-shining-trading-cards-1980-artist-rian'>http://www.theoverlookhotel.com/post/52463899168/the-shining-trading-cards-1980-artist-rian

Might be best looking through the archive on here as it is updated regularly with new things.

http://www.theoverlookhotel.com/

:D Absolutely gutted!. I left my photograph that I bought at home in disgust that it was so awful, blotchy, and horrible. I decided to put my faith and hopes in somebody selling them at the show. Years gone by Autographica used to have many stalls selling photographs of the visiting guests, but alas this seems decidedly a thing of the past today all the stalls were now mostly space related.

I had no other choice but to opt for the ‘free’ photographs. To my horror they were simply smaller versions of the photograph I left behind. Two were out of focus, and the third was pretty poorly cropped. I simply don’t understand how 100’s of these could have been produced, when they were clearly from a source file that wasn’t suitable even for 10x8 enlargement. It seems very much a ‘that’ll do’ mentality.

eBay has many photographs for sale from the twins previous appearance where they seem to have produced huge, high quality, beautiful images.

I know I’m to blame for not being prepared. But I left disappointed with nothing, hoping that one day I’ll be able to rectify this mistake. I hope in future the quality of ‘free’ images improves though, even if it is a few more pence on the costs.

You should have bought a picture of the moon lol. Or Game Of Thrones. Oh the stories we could tell from the good old days. It's all money nowadays and unfortunately that means TV shows, those of us are that are fans of film are not around in large numbers anymore. You should have still met them though and got a Shining poster or something signed, I'm sure some stalls would have had those.I would have even asked them if they had any photos from the shoot that they could maybe bring along next time, maybe some behind the scenes ones because we would all love to see them. I think they will do another show, hopefully Glasgow at some point.

Then there is the Stanley Kubrick archive in London which has literally hundreds of photos from the shoot but theyre not all available to the public. I'm not sure if they allow photocopies or anything but I things like that are worth a try. If it's professionally shot photos you want Stanley sent the same press photos out worldwide, that is why you keep seeing the same 8 photos over and over, the only difference being some are in black and white.

You should have bought a picture of the moon lol. Or Game Of Thrones. Oh the stories we could tell from the good old days. It's all money nowadays and unfortunately that means TV shows, those of us are that are fans of film are not around in large numbers anymore. You should have still met them though and got a Shining poster or something signed, I'm sure some stalls would have had those.I would have even asked them if they had any photos from the shoot that they could maybe bring along next time, maybe some behind the scenes ones because we would all love to see them. I think they will do another show, hopefully Glasgow at some point.

Then there is the Stanley Kubrick archive in London which has literally hundreds of photos from the shoot but theyre not all available to the public. I'm not sure if they allow photocopies or anything but I things like that are worth a try. If it's professionally shot photos you want Stanley sent the same press photos out worldwide, that is why you keep seeing the same 8 photos over and over, the only difference being some are in black and white.

You're probably right. I should have. I've always regretted not meeting Papillon Soo Soo too. :( . Next time I'm going to be even better organised than I usually am!, and never use MovieMarket ever again. Grrr!.