Statement from showmasters

People were probably staying around longer because this is the first time a comic con of this size has been to a location that large in the North East for a very long time (if ever!) So obviously people wanted to stay around and experience as much as possible. Also Saturday had a great list of guests and the TARDIS shoots with the Doctor's.

I don't think a reduction is needed, just a better layout. The aisles were far to close together an the placement of the Ghostbusters and the Transfomers car was ill fated because as soon as everyone saw them they stopped to look, naturally. Yet they were right next to the entrance to the main hall, and on a bend. Just give them their own area away from busy high traffic areas.

I think one of the biggest future problems SM are going to have, given that they now know the capacity limitations at the Metro Radio Arena, will be the issue of demand.

I think they should arrange either during the kids holiday and maybe have it on the Friday as well as the two weekend days. Alternatively, if they can't arrange during the kids holiday, they could maybe open at 4pm on the Friday and close at 10pm.

I think one of the biggest future problems SM are going to have, given that they now know the capacity limitations at the Metro Radio Arena, will be the issue of demand.

I think they should arrange either during the kids holiday and maybe have it on the Friday as well as the two weekend days. Alternatively, if they can't arrange during the kids holiday, they could maybe open at 4pm on the Friday and close at 10pm.

Unless I missed something I'm confused as to why you think it should be in a childs holiday time. Also the Showmasters crew consists of volunteers. There may not be enough of those volunteers to run on a Friday as well as the weekend as it's a work day for most people. Back in the day Collectormanias were usually held around the bank holidays and obviously more people had those bank holiday Mondays off.

Unless I missed something I'm confused as to why you think it should be in a childs holiday time. Also the Showmasters crew consists of volunteers. There may not be enough of those volunteers to run on a Friday as well as the weekend as it's a work day for most people. Back in the day Collectormanias were usually held around the bank holidays and obviously more people had those bank holiday Mondays off.

school holidays make sense as its a family event

@bunny-summers

Very simple rule of business (which is what SM is) is that supply must, at the very least, meet demand.

We know now that the demand is absolutely there ... the Saturday event in Newcastle more than proved this - so the question that SM must now address is how do they come up with the goods.

You must understand that your point of SM staff bing volunteers is very much secondary, as without the ability to meet demand there is no business in the first instance?

Edited by Rotor1999

Me and a friend were early birds and left around 4 I think, I was surprised they expected some early birds to leave, there was enough to keep me busy with all the stalls and talks. We loved it.

I would say for the next one there needs to be at least 3 cash machines as I would have spent allot more if I could have gotten more cash (maybe it was a good thing they were inaccessible) The food was as expected at an event like this and I figured that into my budget for the day.

More card machines fro the stalls would be a good idea, there was internet there so you would have thought stall holders would have had them as they will get allot more sales that way.

All in all an excellent day, going to be a yearly thing for me :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...