Reviews - The good, The bad, The Ugly

Well... i don't think i seen a thread about this and thought it'd be nice if everyone posted in 1 thread then will be a whole lot easier to share experiences etc.

So anyhow, here's my thoughts etc

Huge Huge queues on Saturday, but thankfully i did see one or two showmasters staff walking up and down. with some information and thankfully pulling those people out "mega queue" that had photoshoot tickets etc and jumped them to the front (Thankyou thankyou thankyou). Also to the guys in costume that walked up and down the lines doing photographs... Excellent job, made the horrible task of standing for hours a little less boring and a bit more fun. But .. to the arena staff... £2.20 for a bottle of sprite that costs £1.20 max... seriously??

Once in the event... completely lost... i managed to walk past the photo shoot locations (maybe using the events huge LCD screens to advertise locations etc). But still i just asked a SM guy and he pointed me straight at it.

The photoshoot was awesome, very well planned out, walked in.. quick pose and a snap... then walked to the printer as it was printed off. Thanks Paul for being awesome!

Then i went to the talks on stage A, speakers were a little on the quiet side so had a hard time hearing D J J, but good layout.

Lastly.. due to this event, i managed to bump into an old friend i haven't seen in about 10 years, :D

I cant really think of anything else :s. but thankyou for a great saturday, i had fun and will attend the next Newcastle event (if there is one)

Next year's event will be on 28th and 29th March

And it will be an all pre-pay ticket affair. ;)

I should be treat just like a concert, you buy a ticket in advance and ya get in. Saves disappointment.

Danny John Jules was my highlight. He was such a nice guy. So friendly and down to earth, let me get a photo with him for free, gave me a Cat Owwww! and gave me a high five.

The talks were a bit dodgy tbh, i know they couldnt do anything about seating, but it was very cramped, and if you weren't in the block directly in front of the guests, ya heard nothing. I was a little disappointed at the Star Wars speech, I thought Dave Prouse and Kenny would have been included too.

But overall, I thought it was a success.

Is that the definite Date for next year btw? and when ya reckon tickets will be on sale?

I'd hope for a few more big names too. The ones there this year were good, but when ya compare to London with people like Stan Lee, we seem a little short

Edited by Wall_E