BEST COMICS TO GET SIGNED BY STAN LEE

hey guys

i am so excited about meeting the great comic legend STAN LEE and wondering what are the best comics or other stuff to get signed by stan lee, i am thinking about buying some comics from the dealers stalls at LFCC, any suggestions would be great!!! I love stan lee and his cameos in tv/film espically the big bang theory that was so funny!!! loved him in nikita that was awesome whenever i see him stan in fiom/tv i always shout out thats STAN LEE/!!!!!

thanks guys, see ya in july :)))))

• Like 1

I couldn't begin to give you advice on which comic to get signed - only that if you do decide, get it before you come to LFCC. The stalls will have a huge markup on anything Stan Lee related. Same thing happened last year with with the suepr cool Charles Martinet.

I have been wondering he same thing. I have been told that there will be merchandise exclusive to LFCC 2014, so I don't know if I should buy something exclusive or buy something before the con as Zahariel suggested.

oooooohhhhhh... exclusive is good, we like the shiney!!!

If you don't already have something you want to get signed then maybe one of the many compilation books out there that put the beginning issues / best storylines together in one volume. I'm not much of a comic person, though I do have every Stephen King graphic novel. So I'll be getting a photoshoot signed - but if you want comics and don't have a favourite, go with a compilation.

I have been wondering he same thing. I have been told that there will be merchandise exclusive to LFCC 2014, so I don't know if I should buy something exclusive or buy something before the con as Zahariel suggested.

With the stuff that is exclusive to the show, there is no way of knowing (at this time) how much there will be and how quickly it will go. I'd recommend buying something before the event just in case the exclusive stuff is all gone before you get there.

I would advise getting something before the event just in case, if there is an exclusive item at the event and you can get one, you can always change your mind or get another signature then.

I'm still keeping my options open on what I am getting signed, but will bring some early Fantastic Four and Spiderman comics with me, sadly not the number ones !!!

You can actually find out on Stan's Wikipedia pages which comics he actually wrote, although in his Marvel role he often features as editor in later editions as well.

im not a big comic guy but my fav is the punisher , so ive got a "Punisher #5" in near mint (1986), my only advice would be as the others have said buy before you go, that and just think of your fav comic/tv/film character and get the earliest stuff you can , but be sensible , in my research of what to get i found out the punisher first appeared in spiderman , now that comic goes at about £800 near mint , so unless you got bank think later down the line.

I couldn't begin to give you advice on which comic to get signed - only that if you do decide, get it before you come to LFCC. The stalls will have a huge markup on anything Stan Lee related. Same thing happened last year with with the suepr cool Charles Martinet.

No they wont

No they wont

No offence but I find that hard to believe from what I saw last year.

No they wont

No offence but I find that hard to believe from what I saw last year.

Didnt see Stan Lee there last year....

Stan Lee is a different kettle of fish to your film celebrity you get at LFCC.

Stan created and co created a lot of characters in the comic world. Which in turn means you could get an Amazing Fantasy costing you £1000s or you could get a modern comic that came out last week signed. The price at the convention will be exactly the same as online or if you go to your LCS. The only thing that might be expensive is a variant comic that has been produced for the show but as I no none that are being produced it is a pointless point.

They wont sell anything if they have a huge markup as stan did what is basically the whole of the marvel comic product range.

So what type of items were you trying to buy that were overpriced?

Edited by SSC Comics

Stan Lee is a different kettle of fish to your film celebrity you get at LFCC.

Stan created and co created a lot of characters in the comic world. Which in turn means you could get an Amazing Fantasy costing you £1000s or you could get a modern comic that came out last week signed. The price at the convention will be exactly the same as online or if you go to your LCS. The only thing that might be expensive is a variant comic that has been produced for the show but as I no none that are being produced it is a pointless point.

They wont sell anything if they have a huge markup as stan did what is basically the whole of the marvel comic product range.

So what type of items were you trying to buy that were overpriced?

I wasn't buying anything myself, I tend to go for photoshoots and getting them signed - I was going by the experience I had with a group of friends who wanted to pick up a few old NES games to get signed by Charles and they were overpriced compared to what you can get online. This appeared to us to be soley due to his presence at the event.

They basically stood in front of the odd stall and using their phones searched online for prices to show the stall holders so they could haggle them down a bit to something they were happy paying. Its the same at CM events that have boxing legends - there are stalls that have boxing gloves for sale that you can take to the stars to get signed. A great idea, but you can pick them up cheaply online and get 2 gloves or for the same price at the event get only 1...

As I've stated above I have no experience in the comic world so couldn't tell you what price any issue of any specific line should or shouldn't be going for - I'm only going on the principle of supply and demand. The stalls will have a captive audience many of who will have held of in buying something to get signed as there would be numerous stalls at the event selling items and many also who like me won't know the real value of a speciic comic - these stalls will know that so will factor that into their prices as well as logistical costs and overheads too. Sure they have to compete with each other so prices won't be that different and many may have already spoken to each other before hand, I don't know. I will admit that my use of the word 'hugh' was over stating the fact but the principle stands in my eyes.

Now I may be completely wrong and for those who are holding off buying until they come, I hope I am. I don't think I am for the reasons already stated, my experience of stall pricing differs from yours. Lets leave it at that and remain friends. :smile:

Edited by Zahariel

Comics are a different kettle of fish.

I understand that SNES games and boxing gloves been overpriced, and totally agree stall holders will overprice as they know someone will forget something to sign. With comics it is different, prices remain the same.

I can assure you that Stan Lee books,comics etc wont be overpriced.

I was very privileged to meet the great man at a convention 2 years ago (he's much shorter than I was expecting). Was very cool though as he actually walked around the convention chatting with fans/cosplayers for a bit too. I remember gradually narrowing down my choices to three (over a period of weeks). Eventually I settled in Secret Wars #8 (first appearance of Spiderman's black costume), Amazing Spiderman #300 (first appearance of Venom) and a A1 sized poster of Amazing Fantasy #15 (first appearance of Spiderman). All three are now framed and hanging with pride on my wall.

• 3 months later...

I was very privileged to meet the great man at a convention 2 years ago (he's much shorter than I was expecting). Was very cool though as he actually walked around the convention chatting with fans/cosplayers for a bit too. I remember gradually narrowing down my choices to three (over a period of weeks). Eventually I settled in Secret Wars #8 (first appearance of Spiderman's black costume), Amazing Spiderman #300 (first appearance of Venom) and a A1 sized poster of Amazing Fantasy #15 (first appearance of Spiderman). All three are now framed and hanging with pride on my wall.

I really really hate to burst your bubble but, Secret Wars #8 isn't the first appearance of the black suit, it is the origin though. The first appearance of the black suit belongs to Amazing Spider-Man #252 (also tied with Marvel Team-Up #141). That being said, getting the Amazing Spider-Man #300 signed was a really good call!

im not a big comic guy but my fav is the punisher , so ive got a "Punisher #5" in near mint (1986), my only advice would be as the others have said buy before you go, that and just think of your fav comic/tv/film character and get the earliest stuff you can , but be sensible , in my research of what to get i found out the punisher first appeared in spiderman , now that comic goes at about £800 near mint , so unless you got bank think later down the line.

Hi a store in putney has 3 Spider-Man 129 (first punisher) for reasonable prices max £300 if you really want it signed, but just remember to put in a backing board the pen could bleed through ruining the comic to,

I am unsure what to get signed I usually find it devalues the comic and part of me can't bear to destroy a comic. Ie I just got amazing fantasy 15 first spidey and I just can't bear to destroy it with a auto

I asked a comic dealer what he would do and he suggested getting a piece of card signed and having it framed up with the comic then if you later want to frame it with another comic say first fantastic four or maybe just a better condition comic of the one you already have you are free to do so.

I will probably do this as it will look amazing I just hope he personalises at the show but since he has so much going on I doubt he will be

I'm not a big comic book guy but I can't miss the opportunity the meet Mr Lee, so going to try & get 2 comics signed by him. The first is Spider-Man 95, Spider-Man is in London and this will be Stan's last visit to a con in London so it kind of feels right. The second is his Just Imagine Batman comic. Batman is by far my favorite superhero & this is the only Batman story Stan wrote.

I'm also getting a comic signed for a friend but he has yet to decide which one.

I am getting TASM #299, first appearance of Venom, albeit as a one frame cameo at the end. #300 is out of my current price range but was what I really wanted. All I can say is.... Bring on LFCC!!