Introduce yourself!

kittynessweir

Hello! My name is Graeme and I'm from Scotland. Me and my girlfriend love Stargate and we're very excited to be attending our first Chevron. In fact it's our first Massive Events con so we'll be completely new to it as we've only attended Collectormania's in the past.

Edited by Groge511
  • Like 2

Hi JP, Graeme. Chevron is a much more relaxed weekend than LFCC or any of those type of events. I'm Catherine, this will be my second Chevron event in a row which I am very excited about coming with my mother and sister. Last year I left my bag with my hotel key in somewhere in the hotel, it turned up, but was an eventful 2 hours of panic. The guests are great, the people are great, the organisation is great. Definitely the con highlight for organisation of the year.

Hi my name is Emily. My nick name is stargategeek. I'm a big fan of scifi/fantasy and anime. I live TV shows- Stargate, merlin, no ordinary family, sanctuary, farscape and some red dwarf and the films harry potter, lord of the rings, The Hobbit, Xmen/wolverene and star wars. my favourite anime is studio ghibli and I have about 14 of their movies along with a few movies form manga. I also like pokemon. My favourite hobbies are card and jewellery making. At the moment the biggest thing for me at the moment is The Hobbit. I love coming to Conventions and go to multiple ones a year.

• Like 2

Hello, I'm Martyn. Nice to meet everybody here, and hopefully everybody in person during the weekend. Chevron 8.1 will be my first ever con, well, if you're not counting Caesar the Geezer radio shock jock/DJ back in the 90s - not quite in the same league as Stargate.

I'm not coming too far - I live in Woking which is mere spitting distance from Heathrow.

Many years ago, just as SG-1 was announced way back in the late 90s, I wrote to Centropolis Entertainment to ask about David Arnold's involvement (as he wrote the original theme, and I consider it still to be one of the best movie soundtracks of all time). I got an email reply back from Dean Devlin himself (or at least one of his assistants - the email was signed off as Devlin) to tell me not to watch the show, he and Roland Emmerich had nothing to do with it. Avoid!

Well, here we are in 2014 and I've watched every single episode of Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and most of Universe. The ultimate irony is that during the period in which I worked in film and television visual effects, there was one period in which I worked on Emmerich's 10,000BC. Emmerich even came into the office, but perhaps, thankfully, didn't meet him given the above. And thank goodness I didn't wear an SG-1 T-Shirt at the time - there could have been hell to pay.

• Like 4

Hi, I'm Ingrid (some call me Grid, a few call me Inga. If you call me 'Ing' I might have to hurt you)

I'm almost certain I'm coming this year, although I haven't bought my ticket yet! I've been to two chevrons before and had a riot both times. Really looking forward to seeing some friends and also meeting some new people.

I haven't had a day at chevron where I haven't fallen off my heels at least once, so if you see a girl on the floor, it's probably me!

Can't wait to meet you all in person!

• Like 1

I'm not coming too far - I live in Woking which is mere spitting distance from Heathrow.

I have a lot of friends/family in and around Woking (plus I'm not too far from there myself), so I'm very much looking forward to the possibility of meeting you at Chevron.

Now, for my introduction ramblings...

I'm Kris, a Massive Events/Showmasters addict. This'll be my millionth event (a slight exaggeration, which isn't that far from being completely accurate) and my fourth Chevron.

I shall be attending with two of my bestest convention buddies, Steph and Kathryn (both of whom will likely make comments on this post whilst pretending they don't know me - I met them both a few years back, through M.E. cons)

I shall be making a slight nuisance of myself on the Saturday, as that will be my birthday! Hopefully I'll meet a bunch of you then, if I haven't already had drunken conversations with you all beforehand (I apologise now for the stupid comments, and hungover Kris)

• Like 2

Hi there, I'm Kazuhiro (feel free to call me Kaz or Hiro though, most people do)

This'll be my first Chevron and interestingly enough, the first ME con in which I've chosen to go gold (partly due to the fact that the venue is near by so I didn't have to worry about money for a hotel room and partly due to the drinks reception in which I hope I'll have a chance to get over my social anxiety and make a few con buddies prior to the parties as this'll also be the first con in which I'm truly going alone)

Despite my anxiety issues, I am of a friendly disposition so if you do see me around please don't be afraid to say hello (just look out for a short dude who looks about fourteen -I'm actually twenty one but no one ever believes that until I whip out my ID- I'll be wearing a "history geek" kind of outfit on the friday -tweed blazer/hieroglyph tie combo- as I'm chaperoning a museum tour pre con and won't have time to change)

That's it, I think? Look forward to meeting y'all at the con! :smile: (also, do feel free to talk to me pre con via tumblr if you've got that, my url is in my signature)

• Like 3

Hi there, I'm Kazuhiro (feel free to call me Kaz or Hiro though, most people do)

This'll be my first Chevron and interestingly enough, the first ME con in which I've chosen to go gold (partly due to the fact that the venue is near by so I didn't have to worry about money for a hotel room and partly due to the drinks reception in which I hope I'll have a chance to get over my social anxiety and make a few con buddies prior to the parties as this'll also be the first con in which I'm truly going alone)

Despite my anxiety issues, I am of a friendly disposition so if you do see me around please don't be afraid to say hello (just look out for a short dude who looks about fourteen -I'm actually twenty one but no one ever believes that until I whip out my ID- I'll be wearing a "history geek" kind of outfit on the friday -tweed blazer/hieroglyph tie combo- as I'm chaperoning a museum tour pre con and won't have time to change)

That's it, I think? Look forward to meeting y'all at the con! :smile: (also, do feel free to talk to me pre con via tumblr if you've got that, my url is in my signature)

everyone if friendly and we get newbies every year. im also short for my age and look more like im 16 cos iv had epilepsy but i'm actually 25.

• Like 2

Hey everyone - I'm Gord and this will be my second Chevron. Loved the one last year so much that I came down early Sunday morning to extend my stay another day (I was originally going home on Sunday) and also bought my Gold ticket, the receipt for which is currently placed lovingly on my noticeboard! lol

I go to loads of conventions - this will be my third convention this year so if you've been to other events then you may recognise me. If you do - feel free to punch me in the arm and say hello. Not too hard though - otherwise you may get thrown out for being violent!

Chevron was great fun last year - I enjoyed the parties and the laser tag was fun, especially when I worked out that I could just lay down at the side and shoot people as they went to renew their 'lives'! That was fun seeing the baffled look on their face "wait, I'm dead again already?". Hee hee hee! Did I mention I'm secretly evil? ;-)

I love just about all sci-fi including Stargate (of course!), Star Trek, Star Wars... loads. I also like anime, computer games, comics, astronomy, reading, writing... I'm a proper geek by all accounts.

I'm looking forward to seeing friends at this con, as well as meeting new ones! :-)

- G

• Like 3

Hi, I'm Tammy. This will be my first con in Europe but my second trip to Great Britain. I'm coming over from the US. I'm a regular attender of another event in Atlanta as it's near where I live.

Meeting up with some con friends there and looking forward to meeting others for the first time in person.

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 3

Hmm well ya see I totally forgot I had account here... but let me start!

Most will know me for chevron that have been for a few, this will be my 7th Chevron now, My names Daniel, call me Dan, Danny what ever you like, I'm pretty easy going guy, love to meet new people have a chat so don't be afraid of say hi at the con you'll probably see me as one of the guys walking around with big gun... like last time if any one saw me haling a friends M249 around scaring everyone...

I dunno what to say about myself, I love Sci-fi, as most here probably do, I enjoy being social meeting people and writing on forms like this like it was a dating site.... so please carry on say hi... ask me out... sorry I kid... I'm really a bad comedian seriously I've only ever done one class...

Cya guys next month!

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

My name is Debs and I am a bit of a Chevron junkie this will be my 8th in a row !! Even when I was unemployed I sold my car so I could still see all my Chevron buddies.

I am just a little obsessed with Stargate, but also love Sherlock, GOT, Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, True Blood, Arrow, BBT, Grimm ...... the list goes on.

Please stop to say Hi if you see me wandering around, looking forward to meeting you all

Hello everyone, my name's Romana. This will be my third Chevron (after 7.8 and 8.0) and it's the first time I'll be staying in the con hotel with a friend I made at the last Chevron :) I'll be coming all the way from the Czech Republic, but I don't mind because I love London (even though I won't really see much of it this time :D ). I've been to a lot of other SM events and to cons in other countries, too. But Chevrons are my favourites. I've been obsessed with Stargate SG-1 ever since I was a kid, but I must say that my favourte series os Stargate Atlantis. I've seen Universe too, and liked it, but not as much as Atlantis :) I watch tons of other series, too, moves, I love reading, traveling, writing,and other stuff. I study Anglophone Studies and work in a museum :)

Edited by SammyRomie
  • Like 3

hi im kelly and im a nutter that is all :D in honesty apart from that this is my 5th chevy got to love and admire the staff and peeps that go we have a complete laugh party and smile and forget normality :) ps im the woman that has prob the biggest gob :) so come and say hi oh and Dan this isnt a dating site ;) but then yet again you never know just need a roll of duck tape ;) quack quack ... and hi debs love you cant wait to see ya again :) and emily will be lovely to see you again as we seem to pass like ships in the night at these conventions :D

• Like 3

Hello all I am Courtney - but everyone calls me Court. I am coming into Chevron from Chicago. It will be my first Chevron but not my first con nor my first con in Europe. I go to cons stateside all the time LOVE them! I travel all the time and have been to London numerous times.

I am meeting up with some con friends (WAVES MADLY TO Tammy) we are doing a little sight seeing before the con.

So please say HI! I will be the Chicago woman with the loud crazy laugh :dance::clap: .

Court

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm Kym - I'm from England and have been going to LFCC and Collectormania for about a decade (on and off depending on the guests) - I've only ever been to one event like this and that was the first Hallowhedon.

Michael Shanks was the first autograph I ever got :) Stargate is one of my favourite shows - though I'm still trying to get through SGU.

• Like 1

Hi All! I'm Tish (and no, that's not short for anything!) and this will be my and my hubby's 3rd Chevron!

I'm the one with the leopard print glasses, so if you see me feel free to say hey! :smile: (I'm kinda introverted so not good at starting conversations myself lol)

• Like 1