Date Change 18th to 19th October 2014 LFCCW

Unfortunately to get the lowest rate at London hotels, you have to book at a 'no cancellation' rate..

It is always a gamble when booking hotels for any event, but I assumed I would be safe after the event dates moved once...

I never expected them to work through THREE seperate dates...

If you stay at Travelodge you can cancel up to midday on the day of arrival!

1. Cancellation
    1. For flexible room rates only, you may cancel a Booking and we will not charge you for the first night if you notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival.
    2. For flexible room rates only, if you have a Booking for more than 1 night you may cancel or shorten your booking after the scheduled date of arrival and we will refund you for any remaining nights. We will not pay a refund for any night for which notification is received after midday. Notification must be made directly with the Hotel you are staying at, prior to noon of the day(s) you wish to cancel.
    3. We will not give a refund on a saver or sale room rate booking and/or extras purchased with the booking.
    4. We will only make refunds to the payment card that you used to make the Booking. We will normally credit refunds to your card within 10 days. We will refund you the money you have paid (including for any extras except WIFI or SMS confirmation text extras). For details on cancellation click here.
    5. For terms and conditions on cancellation insurance click here.
  2. Changing your Booking
    1. With any flexible room rate booking, subject to availability, you may change the length of stay, the room type and/or the scheduled date of arrival. You must notify us before midday on your scheduled date of arrival of any changes..
    2. With any saver room rate Booking (or sale rate), subject to availability and conditions (the room must be the same rate at the same Hotel), you may change the scheduled date of arrival and/or the room type. You will pay the change fee for each change made. It is not possible to upgrade your room type or room rate. For details on the change fee click here.
    3. With any saver or sale room rate Booking, you may increase the length of stay, subject to availability and payment for any additional nights at rate applicable at the time the amendment was made.

Hope there are good guests, October 18th is my Birthday so it would be rude not to attend and try for some celebrity Birthday kisses wouldn't it?

Although I'm also very tempted by Hallowhedod, can't do both though grrr

Edited by Daniel_Baker

Ditto - now a toss up between DST3 and WLFCC, though with the weekend works planned on the DLR for that weekend I'm leaning more towards this...

I see planned works for the jubilee line on DST weekend but not the DLR.

DLR works only affect the DST3 hence why I was leaning towards this event

But from what I can see, the DLR works are quite a way off from Custom House for the Excel.

The works are cutting the DLR in half... you can't / won't get a train direct from Bank / Tower gateway through to the Excel, as such you'll have to change on the Jubilee... Those not oh-fay with the tube might not know the difference and think they can get a train direct there fromt he other side of the works...

But from what I can see, the DLR works are quite a way off from Custom House for the Excel.

The works are cutting the DLR in half... you can't / won't get a train direct from Bank / Tower gateway through to the Excel, as such you'll have to change on the Jubilee... Those not oh-fay with the tube might not know the difference and think they can get a train direct there fromt he other side of the works...
This shouldn't be an issue. If you look at the first post the venue has changed too. WLFCC will now be at Earl's Court 2 & not Excel.
  • Like 1

This shouldn't be an issue. If you look at the first post the venue has changed too. WLFCC will now be at Earl's Court 2 & not Excel.

Everyone seems to be missunderstanding me... I was simply saying that due to the DLR works I wouldn't be attending the full DST3 event and as such be able to attend LFCCW. I wasn't suggesting that the DLR works would impact on LFCCW, only on DST3...

Everyone seems to be missunderstanding me... I was simply saying that due to the DLR works I wouldn't be attending the full DST3 event and as such be able to attend LFCCW. I wasn't suggesting that the DLR works would impact on LFCCW, only on DST3...

Yeah that's what I thought you meant. To get to Excel I think I'd go to London Bridge then get the DLR to custom house. Don't think that's affected.