POSSIBLE GUESTS

loveamyadams

Could the reason that we have no Apollo guest so far, because they're doing another show elsewhere [ :angel: ], and there is some contractual arrangement in place?. He's hoping as he would be terrific!.

Edited by farmer

I would love to meet Martin Landau who already attended the show before. Priscilla Presley would be fantastic too, not only was she Elvis' wife but also fabulous in "The Naked Gun" and Dancing With The Stars! Another suggestion: Louise Fletcher, Oscar for "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" and great in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine! :D

It must be getting harder as each show goes by to get Apollo guests over. They're all in their 80's now.

Not quite all! - Duke, Mattingly etc - but point taken!

However, it would be great to meet

Fred Haise Apollo 13

Dave Scott Apollo 15

Al Worden Apollo 15

All 3 still active signers so it's a possibility

There are others of course, but realistically, Michael Collins, John Young, Jim Lovell and Harrison Schmitt aren't signing in public anymore

Collins and Lovell do sporadic private signings. Harrison Schmitt will only sign his book. John Young isn't in good health apparently, and he doesn't do shows anyway.

and Alan Bean, Buzz, Gene Cernan, Charlie Duke, Walt Cunningham, Dick Gordon and Ed Mitchell, have all attended in recent years.

If I got my sums right, over the years it's been -

Worden 7

Gordon, Mitchell 5

Duke, Aldrin 4

Scott, Cunningham, Bean 3

Haise, Lovell, McDivitt, Stafford, Cernan and Schweikart 2

Never had the remainder - Borman, Collins, Young, Anders, Schmitt, Mattingly.

Any of the Apollo guys including Mission Control would be brilliant!

I 2nd that!

So far, I have been lucky to meet many Apollo Astronauts because of Autographica. It's a great show and long may it continue

Agreed there :smile:

• Like 1

Hey there Ted thanks for your post.

I'm a bit of a late comer to Autographica. My 1st one was 2012, so I've missed Lovell, Haise, Scott, Stafford etc. Heres hoping it's not too late!

I just feel lucky that I've been able to meet as many Apollo astronauts as I have done in a short space of time. I never dreamed that i'd have the chance to meet them!

Autographica seems the most likely place to meet classic stars of television so how about considering some of the following names:

Butch Patrick (The Munsters) Active on the US convention circuit

Roy Thinnes (The Invaders) Few appearances in the US

The Waltons – Various cast members (mainly the children) have attend US conventions

Richard Bradford (Man in a Suitcase)

Erik Estrada (CHiPs ) A cancelled Collectormania guest

Larry Wilox (CHiPs ) Active in the US

Peter Lupus (Mission Impossible) You’ve had the rest of IMF

Patrick Macnee (The Avengers) Wishful thinking seeing that he couldn’t make the Avengers 50th, but if anyone can pull it off Showmasters will!

Jaqueline Scott (The Fugitive & The Twilight Zone)

Peter Wyngarde (Jason King) Attending other conventions now he needs to do the BEST

Stephen Lewis (On the Buses & LOTSW)

Annette Andre

Windsor Davies

James Bolam

Dennis Waterman

Michele Dotrice

Does anyone have any thoughts on the above?

I agree Dick Van Dyke, Julie Andrews, Gene Wilder would be perfect for autographica. Mary Poppins and Willy Wonka have a legion of fans and they've a huge career outside those roles too. Some of the Wonka kids did another signing recently, but maybe Showmasters could get the entire line-up together? Group photo would be epic.

Geoffrey Palmer and Judi Dench are also perfect for this sort of show, and David McCallum & Joanna Lumley. Perhaps Ian Lavender could be persuaded back? Roger Moore?

Personally, the pilots and NASA folk are of no interest to me, I'm more into the classic actors/directors etc. So some of those would tempt me back.

Barbara Bach (there's a first for everything , right ;)

Roger Moore (if the price was right , I'm sure he'd consider it if Unicef was involved......wouldn't hurt to ask)

A photo shoot with Moore AND Bach , wow.......sad that mr Jurgens is no longer with us though.

Goldfinger 50th anniversary this fall (Blackman , Eaton , Mallett , Hamilton , van der Zyl........no brainer really)

Edited by 007 spells Bond

I will come on foot if

John Watts Young

is in the show

So would I. But it's not going to happen.

He never did signing shows.

At his private signings he charged about 300 quid a go.

I hear from more than one person he's not very well these days.

And I've heard unofficially that he's stopped signing.

:(

I will come on foot if

John Watts Young

is in the show

So would I. But it's not going to happen.

He never did signing shows.

At his private signings he charged about 300 quid a go.

I hear from more than one person he's not very well these days.

And I've heard unofficially that he's stopped signing.

:(

NEVER GIVE UP

Any Chance of a Blakes 7 Reunion? With Guests like Glynis Barber and Stephen Pacey attending... Please. :blush:

They did B7 a few years ago at the EMS, Stephen was there. They were supposed to be be launching the trading cards with some show exclusives - but they were delayed and released without the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Now I'm only 22 but I'm a huge fan of Knots and Dallas and would love to see the stars over here (they do US cons all the time) but realise that they may be more suited to autographica than LFCC.

So any chance of:

Donna Mills

Michele Lee

Joan Van Ark

Kevin Dobson

Ted Shackelford

William Devane

Linda Gray

Patrick Duffy

Steve Kanally

Prescilla Presley

Charlene Tilton

Susan Howard

Please bring them to the UK whilst there's still a chance!

Edited by Hayden Is My Hero
  • Like 1