Sign in to follow this  
Androide

Host City for Destination Star Trek 3?

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which city do you think should host DST3 ?

• Amsterdam
    • Berlin
    • Birmingham
    • Cardiff
    • Dublin
    • Frankfurt
    • Glasgow
    • London
    • Manchester
    • Newcastle
    • Vienna
    • somewhere else

Just for fun... Which is your preferred european city for the next Destination Star Trek? :smile: Or you can divide your answer, where would you like to go and which location is the logical choice for DST3? It's a pleasure to explore cities which I've never visit before.

• Like 1

Well, i hope it's going to be a German City again, or maybe Vienna would also be fine. I guess my husband would kill me if I wanted to fly to GB, Spain or Italy just for Star Trek.

But I think it won't be Germany again :(

Edited by Jumanji
  • Like 1

After this great weekend, I think I would travel anywhere (at least in Europe) to have that again. Was my first convention at age 39 being a Trekkie since I was little. I almost get tears in my eyes when I think of DSTG. Meeting Shatner and Urban was fantatstic.

tombo74! I'm totally with you :crying:. I would also travel everywhere (in Europe). But it was hard enough to convince my love this time (he only agreed because I won the bet as Connor replied my tweet). Maybe it will be different if I'll go alone next time.

Paris would be wonderful also.

Voted Birmingham because it's where I live, ha ha. Would certainly save on travel expenses! In reality I would go to most of the places on the list, depending on the guest list and my finances at the time.

I voted Amsterdam, but Berlin would be my runner up choice.

It nees to be a central hub, one which is easy to get to from pretty much everywhere.

Of course, hotels re problem in Amsterdam...

Maybe Berlin should be my first choice...

tombo74! I'm totally with you :crying:. I would also travel everywhere (in Europe). But it was hard enough to convince my love this time (he only agreed because I won the bet as Connor replied my tweet). Maybe it will be different if I'll go alone next time.

Paris would be wonderful also.

My wife came with me to Franfurt (from Munich), because she could go shopping on Saturday. However, in the end she quite liked it. She is not a fan and I had to show her some Trek before we went. She really liked Karl Urban, Dominic & Connor, Shatner and Brent Spiner.

I went to London for DSTL and it was amazing. I loved it. But I voted Manchester because, if I remember correctly, the idea of the Star Trek Con is to move to different cities every new annual event ( or am I wrong ? ).

I'm hoping it will be in Scandinavia somewhere, because I would save some money. :-) But, I will go anywhere if Brent Spiner is on the guest list again, lol. He is so funny and seems so nice.

London is probably best. At DSTL there were more people, so it shows that the UK has a big Trek fanbase compared to Germany anyway. Also, there are 5 airports that service the city so it is very easy for other travelers to come visit.

• Like 1

Although I live in London,I would love the event to be somewher like Dublin as I have never been there but would happily go to Berlin or Vienna (my favourite European city).

I would love DST to come somewhere in Italy, like Rome or Milan - there's a huge Star Trek fanbase here! But also Paris would be lovely :smile: The con was already hosted by UK and Germany so I don't think they'll come back there for at least the next time I guess.

I voted for Glasgow (fingers crossed it might be held there in the near future :smile: )Newcastle would be my second choice :smile:

personally the date of the event(for me i can't book my holidays off to after March -so February was a no-no staight away!!).

And been given plenty of notice to organise and save money up(something like 9 months rather than 5 months).

Is just as important as the venue(thou i like it somewhere with cheap beer & hotels).

Manchester has lots of cheap hotels & good Clubs/bars.

Amsterdam is good for me only £35 on the ferrys(and you can turn the journey into a booze cruise) from the docks i live next to from Hull

London is to be preferred. More ppl would go as London is more of an international tourist city. personally, I love London. Also, English would be used at the convention. It was definately the downside of Destination Germany that some of the staff would use German first and then with some luck translate into English. I did learn a German word - schlangen :lol: I also learned that stores are closed on Sundays in Germany. What is this? The 2000th century? That's just rediculous. Pls bring Destination back to London.

Glasgow of course!

For me -and all Duthers around here- Amsterdam would do just fine ( :whistling:) but frankly I wouldn't mind to travel to any place for a convention (if the guest list is to my taste)

The places in the UK and Germany are all good. Vienna is a very beautifull place, but a bit far away..

Edited by Annick

Media 10 informed me it will be in the UK within a year. I'd love for it to be in Scotland, but would put my money on London again. Just by population of the greater London area at 9.8 million, it would be the most logical place to hold it to draw the largest amount of geeks possible. :borg:

Well I voted for 'elsewhere' ie ATHENS GREECE.... 1) it is where I live; 2) we have great convention centre venues 3) it doesn't usually rain and it is not too cold 4) we have great fresh food 5) we are much cheaper in general; and 6) if it is held in the summer, then obviously you can combine a great beach vacation.... :D How about it, after the next UK one??? :thumbup:

• Like 1

Make it Vienna please!!! I travelled so much the last years, so please make it easy for the Austrians this time... ;)

• Like 1