same guests as last year

i was asking why frazier hines wasn't asked to this years event when he said he would come and would love to be invited and the response was we try not to get the same guests as last year. but they already have kai owen and john rhys Davies from last year and i really dont care if the same guests come back i think this year so many more people will attend so quite a few people wouldn't have met them before. i would also love them to ask Anthony head as well. my question is do you care that 2 guests coming this year were there last year and would you love more of them from last year to be asked back this year. would it put you off going if a few guests from last year came this year?. i just think it's rude that a guest that can come to the show isn't being asked because they came last year get everyone you can weather they came last year or not.

John Rhys Davies was not at Cardiff last year

Kai is a no brainer with it being Cardiff, Torchwood, plus a pairing with Eve Myles.

At the end if the day it is up to the organisers to invite who they think is best suited for an event, and SM have been doing that successfully for many years.

Fraser has been many times before to events and no doubt will again. He may well end up here. Guests can be announced at any point up to an event.

• Like 1

Plus Fraser has done a few shows in Wales over the last few years. I'm not a torchwood fan but having both Kai and Eye there makes sense. Plus as 1of2 has already said JRD wasn't at last years, but to be honest John is the type of guest that could come back every year and still have a line.

Fon

• Like 1

I think it would be nice to have guests back. I understand the need keep shows fresh with different guests but I'd love to see Lance Henriksen and Robert Englund again. Not everyone will be able to attend every Showmasters event so it wouldn't make sense to only have guests once and you only have to look at signatures of people who have met guests to see that some people are happy to meet some stars numerous times. I'm taking my nephew who met Brian Blessed last year so I think it would be wonderful if he could have a photo with him evey year - certainly beats a school photo!

• Like 1

I think it would be nice to have guests back. I understand the need keep shows fresh with different guests but I'd love to see Lance Henriksen and Robert Englund again. Not everyone will be able to attend every Showmasters event so it wouldn't make sense to only have guests once and you only have to look at signatures of people who have met guests to see that some people are happy to meet some stars numerous times. I'm taking my nephew who met Brian Blessed last year so I think it would be wonderful if he could have a photo with him evey year - certainly beats a school photo!

Guests do come back after a certain time. I am sure all three guests you mentioned will be back eventually, especially Robert. But it is very, very rare that guests do shows back to back, so the same show in the same venue two years or two shows after each other like let's say CM and LFACC Summer. The exception to that really are "local" guests or guests with a special connection, like 1of2 has explained above.

I think it's good to mix the guests up a bit, so it doesn't look like an identikit of last years event. I think on balance if there were a lot of repeat guests, the show wouldn't be as successful as the majority of people who wanted to meet a certain guest/s will have attended last year. Sure, like me over the years I've missed an event here or there or a guest, but most have them have come back at some point, but there are always going to be a couple of exceptions and yes I still do regret missing Elizabeth Sladen at Collectormania.

I do love the idea Bee*Boon mentioned about bringing her nephew to have a photo with Brian Blessed each year rather than a school photo that brought a smile to my face. :smile:

• Like 1