Photo and Autograph

col2379

Hi :)

I haven't been to a Comic Con before and the London Film and Comic Con 2014 will be my first one.

If a guest does both a Photo and Autograph, then is it okay to go for the Photo first and then when you go for the Autograph to ask the celebrity to sign the Photo picture of you and the celebrity? Otherwise I would have to ask them to sign a different picture?

Do you need to take a pen or will there be pens already there?

Thanks for the reply :)

The main thing I want to do is get a photo and autograph with Summer Glau as Firefly and TSCC are two of my favourite tv shows. Would it be best to buy the photo thing online the now or can you do it on the day? Will it get sold out?

I saw the option to buy the photo with Summer online for £20.00 (Summer Glau Photo Session) but for an autograph which costs £20.00 as well can you pay for that online or do you pay for that on the day?

Also noticed a small typing mistake for Summer, it said Giancarlo?

Whats the difference between the Early Bird Entry (£15.00) and the Adult Standard Entry (£8.00), is it just a 9am or 11am entry? Does 2 hours make that much difference? I only really want to see Summer and 2 or 3 others.

It is best to buy the photo shoot online. It may sell out and you will avoid long queues at the sales desk on the day.

Autographs can only be purchased on the day.

Photo shoots start before 11am (although you can upgrade your entry ticket on thecday if needed). The main thing is the virtual tickets for autos start being handed out at 9am so by going in at 11 you will end up with a higher number and have a longer wait.

Thanks for the reply :)

I plan on buying both the LFCC entry ticket - Early Bird Entry - Saturday 12th July 2014 (Ticket £15) and the Summer Glau Photo Session Saturday 12th July 2014 (£20.00) from the Showmasters Ltd Online Store sometime over the next couple of days.

However, is it just a matter of adding the two items to a basket and then filling in my credit card details? Or do I login with my forum username and password? Or do I have to Register a new account with the Showmasters Ltd Online Store?

Also, it says: "This is for a photo session for one person with Giancarlo Summer Glau at London Film & Comic Con", I assume that Giancarlo is just a typing mistake and will not affect the validity of my purchase?

• Moderators

Minimum you need to do is yes, just add the items to your basket, fill in credit card and postage details and done. The accounts on the store are entirely separate from the forum, so you'd need to register a new account to have one on there - benefit of having an account is being able to go back and check up on the status of all your orders from your order history page.

Yes, the Giancarlo is just a typo. If the item you buy says Summer Glau in the title, then it's for Summer :)

I'm thinking of having my photoshoot with stan lee signed, is there any possibility of having two pictures printed or would I need two tickets? I know this is slightly unrelated but it seemed like a good place to ask

One ticket per person will get one photo and one print.

My order has been placed and am just waiting on confirmation. The decision now is whether or not I want to dress up lol

I will have to remember to check the digital gallery :)

So how do autographs work again? I go in at 9am on Saturday and join the queues of those I want to see the most and buy a VT? And I have ordered the Summer Glau Photo Session so do I join a separate queue and hand over my ticket to get a VT for that or am I given a specific time?

And when it comes to announcing VT numbers do they announce them over a tannoy speaker or display them on a large screen somewhere? If its displayed on a screen then I will have to remember to wear my glasses or contact lenses lol

Virtual tickets are free and handed out at the guests signing area. The numbers are on a board at the end of the queue and you can join it after your number has been called / write on the board. You pay for the auto when you join the actual queue.

Photo shoots run to a timed schedule which is posted in here about a week prior to the event. When it is time for the session just head to the correct photo shoot area and join the queue. With busy shoots a similar number system may be used to the autos. Your photo ticket will have a number on it and you join the session after your number is called.

Since the OP is Glaswegian i feel obligated to givemy opinion. You need to pay for most things but the thing to remember about virtual tickets is that they are only given out for the busiest of guests, most will have open ques but you can see from the guest list the ones that will definately be giving out virtual tickets and if you really want to meet those ones then it's best to get there as early as you can even if you have an early bird ticket. The quicker you get in the quicker you can get your ticket and relax and just wait till your turn comes.

That sounds bad doesn't it? Wait your turn lol but really it's a big group of numbers. If this is your first convention the main thing to remember is enjoy yourself. A lot of people only go for the autographs and it's like herding cattle, in out in out in out but don't feel pressured on the day. The whole point of going is to meet the people you want to meet so talk to them. Most wont have virtual tickets, they will be open ques so take a camera and ask for a picture at the desk, you don't pay for them and don't feel as if you need to hurry up and move along because the person behind you is there for the same reason you are. Some people are shy or get nervous and that's their reason for not saying much but don't leave the event having regrets. The way I always approach an event or a signing if it's someone I haven't met before, I'm meeting this person for the first and last time so everything that needs to be said I should say it.

• Moderators

don't feel as if you need to hurry up and move along because the person behind you is there for the same reason you are

Do however bear in mind that for the busiest guests and if there is a lengthy queue behind you there will not be time for a drawn out discussion and it may be just a couple sentences exchanged - yes the person behind you is there for the same reason but so is the person 30 people or more behind you in the queue and if everyone takes their time then they might not meet the guest at all! So if a crew member asks you to wrap it up and move along please remember they're not trying to ruin your day, just trying to make sure that poor person right at the back gets their chance!

Do you need to take a pen or will there be pens already there?

Most guest have the standard Sharpies, normally in Black, Blue and possibly a Silver as well, however, if you want a particular colour on your photo, you would be wise to bring your own pen. If nothing else, if you bring a different colour sharpie or sharpie paint pen along it can often start off a conversation and break the ice with the guest.

No one can possibly enjoy themselves at a show with the way things are a lot of the time, the whole point is for fans to meet the people they want to meet, the autograph is an added bonus. I'm just not wanting them to go there and get herded in and feel like they need to move along just because there is a que behind them. It's London. London is always busy for no other reason than it is London. Most will be open ques anyway so they should absolutely ask for photos at the desk and chat to the guests, never mind who's behind you especially if you have an early bird ticket. People only think of themselves anyway and most are there just for signatures, they don't care about the guests so why hurry along just to help them out. At conventions you need to put yourself first. That's why there is early bird tickets. It's not like we're all friends and we all love and care about each other and we can all go in together at 10am holding hands and everyone will be friendly and we can all meet everyone. The reason you buy the early bird ticket is because the people walking in at 10am are gonna push you out every chance they get, they will put themselves first so you need to make sure you get in there early and put your own self first and make sure you get to meet the stars you want to meet. It's like everything else in life, if you're not fast your last and nice guys always finish last. People will walk all over you at a convention if you let them, they'll gladly take your place in a line, especially in London and you can't allow it to happen.

As far as the pen thing goes, if you want a certain colour then you need to take your own one just incase and that is definately a conversation starter. You want it to look good or if you are meeting different cast members from a show you could have them do different colours. I noticed some people using bright green paint pens and pink pens recently and they look very good on 8x10 portraits.

What utter rubbish, I went last year on Sat and Sun. It was my first convention and I really enjoyed it. Saturday was a lot busier than Sunday. But I can't say I saw anyone push in a queue or barge anyone out of the way. The atmosphere was really good and I can't say I saw any problems. There was one photo line I was in, myself and a few other guys had got there early. More people joined and it was not a queue more of just a group, when the people came out to organise the queue everyone just got in line in almost the order they arrived. No pushing, no problems, it was just a queue.

• Like 2

My first ever convention was LFCC 2013 I went on Saturday and it was…AMAZING! None of the guests I saw were VT controlled and they were happy to chat. I must of spent 15 mins at dave Prowse's table just talking! And probably more with Jeremy Bulloch. It's such a great experience and the staff are happy to help. No matter how hot it was that day! Was defo up in the high 20's! Really looking forward to this years con!

Ditto - 2013 was my first LFCC and it was followed by WLFCC. Both were a joy, didn't see, hear of or feel bullied, barged or herded at all for the photoshoots and autographs I got.

Most people are friendly by nature and the select community who go are even friendlier - you might find the odd collector or salesman getting stuff just to sell on but in my limited experience I haven't been affected by that at all. ticketed queues or open queues were all handled great and smoothly run. I had a few words or sentances with the odd guest and moved on - thrilled to meet them and share some time together.

the whole point is for fans to meet the people they want to meet, the autograph is an added bonus.

Incorrect. Regardless of what you think the autograph sessions are designed to be that and are advertised as such, http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/autographs

They are not advertised as a meet/greet/chat, although that is a bonus of the process if there is time to have a quick question answered etc. However people are their to get autographs and if it is busy then the procedure needs to be kept as quick and efficient as possible to allow as many people as possible through in the available time.

• Moderators

I can't see there being any problem with that.

Most guests will sign just about anything - there are occasional exceptions like some female guests who posed for playboy in the past won't sign those, but they're not that common. Merchandise relating to a guest's work is almost always fine :)