Poor line up at Cardiff this year? Or is it just me?!

Well TBH the likes of Lee Meriwether Jack Donnelly John Rhys Davies Eve Myles Nicholas Briggs Sophie Aldred Paul McGann are enough reasons to come for me. Yes im a Who fan and yes its just down the road from me. But i think it will be a long time till we start getting the calibre of guests that attend LFCC. though that would be nice.(hint hint) But big or small guests is a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But as mentioned before the guests and their agents etc read these forums and i would be well p***** off if a guest pulled out that i really really wanted to meet due to negativity.

No need for bad language.

I agree that the line up is pretty good at the moment. Always nice to get extra guests though, maybe Robert Emms.... :whistling:

Who??? :no:

At first, I thought the list was short of guests - but as I have been checking the list of people I want to see just keeps growing almost daily! I am positive that the guys and girls at SM are doing their best to pull in as many guests as possible - after all it is in there intrests to do so! They put on a great show last time - they will not fail this time either, I'm sure. If there are specific guests you want to see maybe you should post on the forum to give SM an idea of who you are after for future events rather than expect them to do a Darren Brown! Personally, I struggled last time as were just so many people I wanted to see, but could not afford everyone and was gutted to have missed Brian Blessed. But myself and my boys, absolutely still loved it! Meeting Anthony Head and finding out he still has our Easter Egg in his kitchen was a pure joy! Bring it on SM!

I think the line up is great, obviously different people like different guests etc so you can't please everybody. I am hanging out for Isaac Hempstead wright and Thomas Brodie Sangster from Game of Thrones! I have made my feelings known in other areas of this forum! I have emailed the site but have had no reply but just as long as someone's taken note ;-)

I agree with the original poster who started this thread, I can't believe how poor the line up is. Very cheaply put together.

I went to my first comic con when it was held in Cardiff a few months back, and thought it was fantastic, with a few very big names in attendance. I was really pleased they said there would be a follow up, and was looking forward to it.

Unless, your someone who's big fan of D Who or Torchwood etc, you'd be hard pushed to recognise virtually any of the people lined up to attend. What drove the huge success of the last event in Cardiff was big names like Hassellhoff, Eglund, Herikson, Head etc

I have little doubt, that there will be many average people like me, who in seeing this line up, simply won't be bothered to attend.

very, very poor.

Disappointed, and won't be attending..

Cool suits me fine as last time i felt like a flea trapped in a box the size of a stamp. Great show poor venue. I only need to meet five guests two of which are for someone else who cant attend. So the more room to walk about suits me fine. I say only five but thats cos being a veteran of these shows means i have already met the majority of guests here already. After this weekend though it will be saving here and there ebay selling sell a kidney sell the wife for funds for LFCC that show will probably bankrupt me but hey what the hell you cant take it with you when youve gone.....

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would make a charity bet with anyone, that they won't get as many people through the doors for this event, as they did for the last.

Well as you're not attending, you'll never know how many people are there anyway :D

I would make a charity bet with anyone, that they won't get as many people through the doors for this event, as they did for the last.

Well as you're not attending, you'll never know how many people are there anyway :D

Cool, More room for us Camels, It was murder last year with so many Humans stepping on my Hooves.. :blush:

Cool suits me fine as last time i felt like a flea trapped in a box the size of a stamp. Great show poor venue. I only need to meet five guests two of which are for someone else who cant attend. So the more room to walk about suits me fine. I say only five but thats cos being a veteran of these shows means i have already met the majority of guests here already. After this weekend though it will be saving here and there ebay selling sell a kidney sell the wife for funds for LFCC that show will probably bankrupt me but hey what the hell you cant take it with you when youve gone.....

The venue was excellent. It is a very good venue and the only place in Cardiff that it could have gone in order to cater for us and newbies. I really don't understand what you want from a venue. If you couldn't cope with it then wait till you get to London.

You would've lost that bet - it was PACKED, just as full as the last one :smile:

There was still a long queue to get in at 4:30pm! I went past on the train coming back from Cardiff Bay and it was going round the back of the arena! Madness! Sunday was quieter but still busy!

Yes deffo Sundays are the best day to go to this particular show. And JRD was the first guest i had and open q as well which really surprised me. Got my four guests had a look round dealers area then went home simples.

I thoroughly enjoyed again this year! Even though there were only two people attending which I was a big fan of, I still had an awesome time and loved that the Game of Thrones Throne was there again as I was really gutted to forget to have a photo last year! - thank you!

I agree that everyone is different and will be more excited to meet some guests than others but I also find that some guests are so incredibly nice that they make a fan out of you!! I would attend for the atmosphere and day out with my friends even if there wasn't anyone I was looking to meet, although I think this would be very unlikely as they do provide a wide range of guests in my opinion. The price for the day is excellent!

Edited by missdavies