Poor line up at Cardiff this year? Or is it just me?!

Hi guys,

I'm new to this so be gentle.

I went to comic con last august in Cardiff and the line up was very impressive. But this year line seem very poor?

Last year we had Lance Henrksen, Robert Englund who were amazing, spent a little time and had a little chat with us.

Please tell me your thoughts guys???

Or is it jus me??

Cheers Phil

Edited by 1of2

that's a bit hash coming from newbie though I am not attending Cardiff but have to say showmasters always do there best and this years line up Is just as good as last years try not be to critical plus if you don't like the line up don't attend

Edited by Starbug
  • Like 2

Actually I'd prefer to swap the cardiff guests for the london ones. But then I'm a Doctor Who fan....not a comic book genre fan.

So really its all about perspective. ;) Is gonna be my first time at LFCC so I'm just gonna take oppertunity to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy the cosplay stuff.

Edited by LadyDeTemps

Hi guys,

I'm new to this so be gentle.

I went to comic con last august in Cardiff and the line up was very impressive. But this year line seem very poor?

Last year we had Lance Henrksen, Robert Englund who were amazing, spent a little time and had a little chat with us.

Please tell me your thoughts guys???

Or is it jus me??

Cheers Phil

Guest line ups are subject to availability. Plus what one person considers to be good another disagrees.

There are a couple of weeks left snd guests can be announced at any point up to an event so it may change yet.

I have edited your post. Please do not insult guests. Apart from it just being rude, which will not be tolerated on thus forum, they and thier agents read these posts and have been known to cancel appearance because of such comments. Thank you.

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 2

Looks like a pretty decent line up for an event which is less established.

I think in general terms the Summer London Film and Comic Con is more likely to get the bigger international guests attending, but many enjoy it and do come back and may appear at other shows in the future.

Well TBH the likes of Lee Meriwether Jack Donnelly John Rhys Davies Eve Myles Nicholas Briggs Sophie Aldred Paul McGann are enough reasons to come for me. Yes im a Who fan and yes its just down the road from me. But i think it will be a long time till we start getting the calibre of guests that attend LFCC. though that would be nice.(hint hint) But big or small guests is a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But as mentioned before the guests and their agents etc read these forums and i would be well p***** off if a guest pulled out that i really really wanted to meet due to negativity.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Always down to what you want and who you want to meet really. I know Lance and Robert are lovely, but I'm sure some people didn't care about them and wanted to meet other guests etc.

So really it just depends what you're interested in I think :)

• Like 1

I still think this line up is poor. With exception of David Warner, Dave Prowse, John Rhys Davies and Chris Judge. Would have been cool to have some actors from star trek. I truly hope there is a summer convention down Cardiff. Be even cooler if they had Robert Englund as its the 30th anniversary of a nightmare on elm street. Like some of you guys are saying each to their own....and everyone has a different view

• Moderators

Exactly, each to their own. Most people wouldn't want a repeat guest like Robert back so quickly (no matter how great he is!) and some don't have any interest in Trek etc.

What you mean is it's a poor lineup for you ;)

• Like 1

to be honest everyone is going to be able to say " oh i wish they had so and so of that tv show/film " etc , i mean yeah i would love for more guests to be in the line up but ive a got a nice list of guest i want to meet ( and stuff i want them to sign) so im happy with the guest list when chris judge was announced , i was jumping up and down like a little a girl shouting "oh my god, oh my god" and waving my hands fanning my face. for me chris has made the con for me , everyone else is just extra

im looking forward to london's con as well despite the guest list being alittle thin now , im sure they have many more just hammering out the details, and the guest that are confirmed are fantastic , but to anyone who isnt into breaking bad or star trek,firefly ( why anyone wouldnt be i dont know) or wanting to meet stan lee , then its a poor line up , its down to what shows/films etc you like , showmasters cant win everyone over

Edited by Smidge

Well TBH the likes of Lee Meriwether Jack Donnelly John Rhys Davies Eve Myles Nicholas Briggs Sophie Aldred Paul McGann are enough reasons to come for me. Yes im a Who fan and yes its just down the road from me. But i think it will be a long time till we start getting the calibre of guests that attend LFCC. though that would be nice.(hint hint) But big or small guests is a matter of opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. But as mentioned before the guests and their agents etc read these forums and i would be well p***** off if a guest pulled out that i really really wanted to meet due to negativity.

No need for bad language.

I agree that the line up is pretty good at the moment. Always nice to get extra guests though, maybe Robert Emms.... :whistling:

Edited by Avengers7

I went to the Cardiff Comic Con last year (my first one!) and absolutely loved it. It was incredible and a real honour to meet Brian Blessed, Robert Englund and Lance Henriksen. As soon as I saw Chris Judge's name down for this one I was excited to book a ticket and I can't wait to see him and Suanne Braun. That said though, there does seem to be less of a variety this year - very Dr Who and Star Wars oriented and I KNOW they're obviously very popular but I'm not a fan so I'm still hopimg for more guests from other shows as well. I understand people are saying Cardiff Comic Con is not as well-established as London but last year was awesome so I'm looking forward to his year. Guests from Xena and Mutant X would be vey much appreciated though (please get Victoria Pratt!!!) And I know my sister would love Buffy and Charmed people

• Like 1

Personally I think they've managed to better last year's guest list! I went to the Cardiff event last year and had a blast, this year however, I'm even more excited, especially for Paul McGann, Eve Myles, Devon Murray and John Rhys Davies. The only wish I have is for more Doctor's to be announced along with Paul McGann, as last year I didn't get the chance to meet Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy due to lack of cash :crying: (Still not 100% sure if Sylvester made it in the end, I know there was some confusion on here in the run-up to it).

• Like 1

I still think this line up is poor. With exception of David Warner, Dave Prowse, John Rhys Davies and Chris Judge. Would have been cool to have some actors from star trek. I truly hope there is a summer convention down Cardiff. Be even cooler if they had Robert Englund as its the 30th anniversary of a nightmare on elm street. Like some of you guys are saying each to their own....and everyone has a different view

What I would call a 'Poor' event would be a show where the same old guests appear year after year! The guys at Showmasters are at least trying to keep things fresh for everybody by introducing a good cross-section of guests which cater for most of the fans attending. Last summer I mostly went for the sports personalities so you dont hear me bitching in public about this years attendees because there are no boxers, footballers or rugby players there etc.

I will not be attending the show this year due to my own personal tastes. The fact that anyone should criticise a show of this nature due to it's guest list, especially when it is being hosted in Wales is beyond me! Most of us have had to travel to London, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Birmingham over the years to see the guests we want to meet so the very fact there is a top quality show of this ilk in Cardiff should be something that is celebrated NOT criticised!!

• Like 2