Latest Guest Announcement - CARL WEATHERS

Autographs can only be bought on the day. All guests have a crew member sitting next to them. You pay these guys for the autographs. Prices are per autograph so if you want 2 autographs for example you would have to pay £30.

Edited by BasG

Hi

I have a slight concern regarding an autograph from Carl. A seasoned convention going friend of mine has mentioned that Showmasters or a guest may charge more for boxing gloves or belts to be signed? I have a replica of the championship belt from the Rocky movies, would there be any problem having this signed by Carl?

Thanks in advance

Hi

I have a slight concern regarding an autograph from Carl. A seasoned convention going friend of mine has mentioned that Showmasters or a guest may charge more for boxing gloves or belts to be signed? I have a replica of the championship belt from the Rocky movies, would there be any problem having this signed by Carl?

Thanks in advance

Sports guests have different costs for singing sporting items. This doesn't apply to TV/film guests normally.

Edit: As there are not many 'singing' sporting items it may help to read it as signing....

Edited by 1of2

Yep, a real nice guy.

He apologised for having to sign across Sharon Stone's face on the front of my Action Jackson bluray inlay.

Then later at the photoshoot greeted me with a hearty "good evening sir". Also, fantastic talk from him and Ian Whyte.

Loved the reminiscences about Burgess Meredith, and the stories about Arnie and the others he worked with on Predator.

A real coup for SM to get him to this, the first of hopefully many future events in Newcastle.

• Like 2

Long time lurker of the forums but first time posting after attending my first SM Con / Event.

I was always planning on coming for the stalls / comics in general, but had no real interest in most of the guests being announced on the site.

Hadn't checked the site for a few weeks & just happened to check the day that you announced Carl Weathers & I almost threw my laptop across the floor!

To me, he was the first 'big name' to be announced in my Eyes & boy was he worth meeting! Very friendly & chatty gentleman & seemed happy to be there & chatting with fans.

I happened to attend the Saturday event & thought it was run mostly well, so, was rather surprising to get back from the event with my friends who I attended with to turn on the TV & see some people's gripes & issues with the event.

It seems as though problems were sorted & rectified for Sunday though from comments & statements I have seen made from Sunday attendees.

Really hope that SM does decide to run Newcastle again, whether it be the Metro Radio Arena again or maybes at SJP. I hope that Saturday's teething problems haven't deterred SM from returning to the North East again in future.

And as the popularity has now been proving for things like this in this area, I hope we can have just as big names that the London & Milton Keynes Cons get here in Newcastle as not everybody can arrange or afford to travel to our capital as well as guest prices on top.

I'll be making the effort for Milton Keynes in May for Colin Salmon & London in July for Stan Lee & Summer Glau, but it would be nice if we could get those types of TV, Movie & Comic Names in Newcastle in future as the popularity & fan base has been proven for SM events here over the weekend gone.

Also, waiting one year for events of this type is a drag, so maybes SM could look into doing some show specific Cons from Newcastle every few months in between until bringing the huge / big names until the main Con.

Maybes a Walking Dead con, Dexter, Firefly, Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Game Of Thrones, Sons Of Anarchy, The Following or a Con full of Wrestler's or maybes a sporting con that features some Wrestler's on it.

Nightmare that London in particular & the other events further away get the huge names. I'm sure the Southerner's wouldn't mind travelling to the North once in a while if there was a name they really wanted to see.

To me, he was the first 'big name' to be announced in my Eyes & boy was he worth meeting! Very friendly & chatty gentleman & seemed happy to be there & chatting with fans.

I agree, Carl was in good form! As a big Rocky and Predator fan to me Carl Weathers is still the 'biggest name' i have met at the various Showmasters events I attended. I had met him before, at EMS in 2010 but he was in a much chattier mood than the last time although it probably helped that I met him at 10am this time and at around 2pm/3pm in 2010. The talk together with Ian Whyte was very informative and entertaining as well and more than worth the £12 entry fee alone.

Unfortunately I was unable to travel to Newcastle yesterday because of other commitments. So what was his Rocky-themed talk on Sunday like?

Met Carl later yesterday afternoon and found him be a very pleasant and chatty mood. Seemed impressed that I had a pic of him in Force 10 From Navarone commenting how it was baby Weathers back then. Proceeded ask had he encountered much racism when he first started out, no but always come across such people regardless of what you do which is sad but way things are.

Really good guess who I must admit thought might be a bit aloof but was far from it, seemed to enjoy himself and the Predator talk with Ian Whtye on the Saturday was great, still think he was just being a greedy sod become an actor get even more women as he did a sportsman!! :thumbdown::poki: