Guest suggestions

dwarfbabe

I don't think it would make the event not worth attending if he wasn't there but I think given this is an official event it would be a bit dissapointing if he wasn't there, especially now that he has shown a willingness to do an event of this type. That said, I know other factors could impact on his appearance, not just his willingness to attend. Knowing SM though, I'm sure every effort will be made to get him at the event.

• Like 2

Umm... I actually avoided that other thing BECAUSE Benedict was going to be there... (Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore the guy - but the hype around him right now is a bit too crazy for me.)

Would I avoid an official con because of Benedict? Hell to the noes!! But I do think the "no point doing the con if Benedict doesn't attend" is invalid - I for one would love to hear from people who rarely get to do the publicity rounds. Una Stubbs doing a talk would be my idea of heaven. I said before that I'd kill for Paul McGuigan to be there, just because he had such a big input on the visual part of Sherlock and I'd love to hear more about that. Don't think this would be Rupert's scene, but to hear him talk about his take on Lestrade would be fantastic.

Sherlock really is about more than Benedict, lovely and brilliant as the man is.

Philip Davis - Taxi driver/Jeff

Katherine Parkinson - Kitty Riley

Johnathan Aris - Anderson

Ian Hallard - Barrister (Mark Gatiss's better half)

David Nellis - Angelo

Russell Tovey - Henry Knight

Joseph Long - Mike Stamford

Would love to see all of these please!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Benedict, Martin, Rupert, Amanda and Louise would be the ideal line up for this event, of course I think I may be in la la land with this idea!!

With the event being official, there is more chance of those people coming than there might otherwise be :)

I hope so, I have everything crossed for this ha ha although I couldn't find a date is there not one yet?

TooTall said in the main topic for the con that tthere have been delays but the announcement should hopefully be soon :)

Edited by laurab1

• 3 weeks later...

If Rupert Graves is there, so am I, no matter who else is or isn't.

Yup. Lestrade is the best character in the show, IMO.

(I'd like Cumberbatch to be there, not because I want to see him - fine chap though he undoubtably is - but because that might slightly lessen the massive scrum around Rupert Graves.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had to miss the talk this weekend but i got to the LFCC on Sunday and saw the 221b set which was cool. Does this mean that there is a strong possibility that those who did the talk on Saturday will not be at the convention?