Sign in to follow this  
feersum

Photoshoot - time for a few words?

Hi everyone!

This is my first convention and I have a question for the veterans / the guys who organise the photoshoots. I understand from the description that we don't have much time with the star, which is totally understandable. But please indulge me as I want to know what I am getting myself into for my 100 Euros:

I have paid two slots (my best buddy and me) for a pic with Mr. Shatner. So how will it be? Can we at least shake hands, say hello and say a few words to him, or is it "Fließband"? Like he sits on a stool, people are ushered in, stand beside him, *pic*, then security shoves us away, *bam* the next guy/gal, *pic*, *ushered away* and so on and so forth? Like 10 seconds per picture? Are we at all alowed to talk to Mr. Shatner? Can anyone tell me how many seconds we have with the star? How crowded / hectic it is?

Again, I understand that we don't have a ton of time for all fans to chat but can you give me an idea of whether we can at least introduce ourselves, like "Hi, I am John, nice to meet you Mr. Shatner, have you enjoyed your stay in Germany so far?"

I would appreciate any info you could give me. Looking forward to meeting you all in Frankfurt :)

feersum (<- Feersum Endjinn is a science fiction novel by Scottish writer Iain M. Banks)

Last time I had a photoshoot with him, he sat on a chair, didn't shake any hands nor said a quick hi or so.

Don't forget his turning 83 this year, so signing al day can be tiring and when there is like 100 people queueing it has to go swiftly.

Photoshoots are very quick. It is a case of getting in position, 1, 2, 3 photo, next person. Less than 10 seconds per person.

Apart from a 'hello' there is not normally time to chat. The schedules are based on these timings so any delays impact the rest of the schedule for the day.

Edited by 1of2

thank you both for your answers. now I have a better idea of what it will be like, which is good - no over the top expectations;)

William Shatner was pretty stationary indeed ;).

However Patrick Stewart greeted everyone, and when I walked away and said 'thank you', he honestly replied with 'no, thank you!'.

Some will throw an arm around your sholder (Brent Spinder, Avery Brooks did so) and others, you just stand near.

In the end it doesn't matter, since you'll be holding a great photograph and reminder :D

The time you have for the photoshoot is brief ( 10 seconds) but you can say "Hi" to the actor , at least!

The picture you will have will remain as a nice reminder of a nice brief encounter.

Good luck ! :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

This is my first convention and I have a question for the veterans / the guys who organise the photoshoots. I understand from the description that we don't have much time with the star, which is totally understandable. But please indulge me as I want to know what I am getting myself into for my 100 Euros:

I have paid two slots (my best buddy and me) for a pic with Mr. Shatner. So how will it be? Can we at least shake hands, say hello and say a few words to him, or is it "Fließband"? Like he sits on a stool, people are ushered in, stand beside him, *pic*, then security shoves us away, *bam* the next guy/gal, *pic*, *ushered away* and so on and so forth? Like 10 seconds per picture? Are we at all alowed to talk to Mr. Shatner? Can anyone tell me how many seconds we have with the star? How crowded / hectic it is?

Again, I understand that we don't have a ton of time for all fans to chat but can you give me an idea of whether we can at least introduce ourselves, like "Hi, I am John, nice to meet you Mr. Shatner, have you enjoyed your stay in Germany so far?"

I would appreciate any info you could give me. Looking forward to meeting you all in Frankfurt :)

feersum (<- Feersum Endjinn is a science fiction novel by Scottish writer Iain M. Banks)

No, actually when the queue is long there would be not time for chats during photoshooting. You should not talk then. Except saying "hi" of course. Patrick Stewart didn't shake the hands in London, but others did. But I wouldn't do it with William Shatner.

For chat it would take the autograph session. But Will Shatner mostly don't talk to much. Brent Spiner when I met him first time he didn't talk a lot because he was busy (the line was long). But the second time he was relaxed and we talk about 20 minutes. Robin Curtis is VERY cool and very charming.

But again: during the photo shooting I wouldn't talk. Except the queue isn't long. But it depends always by the actor. when I met the "Knots Landing" Cast they was very cool during the photo shooting. Its no one of the best (except that one with Joan Collins) picture I have!!!!

anyway... will be there over the weekend too :-) lets HAVE FUN!!!!!