Sherlocked: The Official Sherlock Convention

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the email and leaflets all said it was to be both a UK and USA event. But good god, I hope this is announced soon!

As long as it doesn't become a case of all the bigger guests only going to the US, and not the UK. *Totally not bitter or anything*

Wasn't there something on the leaflets given out at C21, about it being a UK and USA event ? I must go back and look at the leaflet to see what it said.

If you look at the Sherlock website it does indeed refer to it as a UK and USA event.

Yes, the email and leaflets all said it was to be both a UK and USA event. But good god, I hope this is announced soon!

As long as it doesn't become a case of all the bigger guests only going to the US, and not the UK. *Totally not bitter or anything*

With it being an official event, then I would think that there will be a good mix. Benedict and Martin are based in the UK and work alot over here, and add on that Sherlock is a British show made by the BBC I cannot see it being a US only thing. Both Benedict and Martin are regularly on panel shows for interviews or Have I Got News For You etc, and both interact well with fans. The Graham Norton show is a big example of this.

• Moderators

All depends on schedules etc. To be honest, it was always going to be difficult to organise around all the schedules, so it might not work out 'even' so to speak. But that's life.

Is Sherlock big enough in the states to attract attendees on short notice?

Also I think all uk fans would be upset if one of the leads who is based in the uk did the us side of the event.

After the 2012 series went out in the US in the May of that year, Sue Vertue worked very hard to get the 2014 series on just a few weeks after the UK airing. They know how big it is in the USA.

Is Sherlock big enough in the states to attract attendees on short notice?

Also I think all uk fans would be upset if one of the leads who is based in the uk did the us side of the event.

Sherlock is HUGE in the US. Even my boss knows about it and he has no time to watch television.

As for the possible short notice, that would depend on a number of factors. If SM/ME avoided major US holidays and conflicts with the biggest multi-fandom events, hundreds of fans would undoubtedly show up if Benedict or Martin were signed, but I'd be unsure about thousands if the notice were too short.

I'm very much looking forward to going. I just hope that it is held on a weekend when I'm free!

Short notice doesnt give me a lot ot of time to arrange things. Unfortunately I cant just pick up and go. So I am hoping for an anouncement soon but that the con will be September or later.

Gives me time to arrange care and book the cats in to the cattery. But if Benedict, Mark or Ruppert are there I will do my best to make it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to the Cardiff Film and Comic Con in November. Are you likely to run 2 conventions on the same weekend?

No. That's not going to happen.

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question - I've never been to a convention before.

Can you confirm that showmasters definitely won't run two conventions on the same weekend? Like a lot of people I'm desperate to go to Sherlocked, but also trying to book time off work/holidays etc. I can see the dates for other events on the forum main page, would I be right in thinking that all of those are safe weekends to book other things for because Sherlocked won't be on the same days?

Thanks for your help

I am going to the Cardiff Film and Comic Con in November. Are you likely to run 2 conventions on the same weekend?

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question - I've never been to a convention before.

Can you confirm that showmasters definitely won't run two conventions on the same weekend? Like a lot of people I'm desperate to go to Sherlocked, but also trying to book time off work/holidays etc. I can see the dates for other events on the forum main page, would I be right in thinking that all of those are safe weekends to book other things for because Sherlocked won't be on the same days?

Thanks for your help

I wouldn't call them "safe weekends" but yes it would be a tad silly of showmasters to hold two comic cons that they are both running on the same weekend for obvious reasons. However it doesn't mean that other conventions ran by other companies will not clash with the Sherlocked convention (whenever that is), for example Dash con and LFCC.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help

I wouldn't call them "safe weekends" but yes it would be a tad silly of showmasters to hold two comic cons that they are both running on the same weekend for obvious reasons. However it doesn't mean that other conventions ran by other companies will not clash with the Sherlocked convention (whenever that is), for example Dash con and LFCC.

Thanks for your help. So Showmasters and MassiveEvents (who are actually running sherlocked) are the same thing/same parent company? I don't think I can wait any longer to book things so I'm just going keep my fingers crossed.

I wonder what sort of tickets there will be - if it will be like LFCC ie low cost entry and pay for whichever autos/photos etc you want, or more like a traditional convention where it's one (high) price which includes everything. I really hope it's the former as, considering another event, I'm sure I'm not alone in not being able to pay a big all-inclusive fee again if most of the guests have attended before... I hope that makes sense whilst not mentioning what we can't mention lol!