Sherlocked: The Official Sherlock Convention

showmasters

I've heard that Hamlet might be being pushed to 2015 because of his availability for that so who knows when it might happen. Lets not forget that Martin and Benedict are two of the busiest working actors out there at the moment and the delay is probably finding a slot when either or both of them are even available between projects.

Edited by jael001

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thrilled that Sherlock has brought Benedict such success! it just seems a little contrived that this event is based on the role that, let's be honest, most agree put him in such a position & his being so in-demand might mean he can't attend or the event be postponed, This isn't a whinge, I know how good he is to his fans, I'm sure he will attend if he can :)

Sam

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect that this event won't be held until late in the year.

It may be too late now for people to book tickets for a Summer event as they will probably have booked time off work for other things. If the organisers are trying to get Martin Freeman they have to account for his run in Richard III at Trafalgar Studio.

These are only my opinions though. I could be totally wrong!

Tbh I'd even go as far as saying that it might not even be until the begnning of next year. With Summer I'd presume be out of it, regarding when it will be held, my main concern now is that tickets will go on sale while I'm volunteering in Tanzania for 10weeks with not electricity let alone internet access!

Yes, it will happen. The announcement was meant as a fair warning because usually there's more "this is on too short notice" posts.

It just takes a little longer than originally expected to set finalize everything. I am not working on contract negotiations obviously, but there's been a number of potential hold up reasons already given by others.

• Showmasters Admin

This event is 100% still going ahead. There have been some delays, this is unfortunate but all part of putting on an "Official" event of this size.

The announcement will hopefully be very soon.

• Like 5

Been off these boards for a while and the first thing I see when I come back on is this, well colour me happy!!!! I know it's a lot to hope for but hope it can get Benedict and Martin along for the ride :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Unless 2 events are run on the same weekend, if Martin has been invited, the only weekends left in October and November for this to take place are:

24-26 October

14-16 November
21-23 November

Edited by laurab1

The weekends quoted by laurab1 would do fine for me, as they don't coincide with the start of my uni academic year or the schools' half term.

The only problem I might have is swapping a Sat or Sun duty with a colleague.

Oh well.... fingers crossed! :WAVE: