Sherlocked: The Official Sherlock Convention

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

I believe the delay and the reason for the sign up page instead of a booked event is simple. Will it be a regular ME weekend convention sized event (1k attendees), or a Destination Star Trek London sized event (10k-20k attendees)?!?! That's the question......

I'm sure SM/ME will be using the number of people signing up to give them an idea of how big or small this event should to be.

No point in booking a venue for 20k if only 1k are interested, but then you don't want to book a venue for 1k to find out it sells out in 34 seconds and there were actually 15k that wanted to attend.

I know some people will be wanting a smaller intimate event no matter what, but will you feel the same way if a smaller event is announced and YOU can't get tickets because there are 15 people vying for every ticket available?

• Like 1

I believe the delay and the reason for the sign up page instead of a booked event is simple. Will it be a regular ME weekend convention sized event (1k attendees), or a Destination Star Trek London sized event (10k-20k attendees)?!?! That's the question......

I'm sure SM/ME will be using the number of people signing up to give them an idea of how big or small this event should to be.

No point in booking a venue for 20k if only 1k are interested, but then you don't want to book a venue for 1k to find out it sells out in 34 seconds and there were actually 15k that wanted to attend.

I know some people will be wanting a smaller intimate event no matter what, but will you feel the same way if a smaller event is announced and YOU can't get tickets because there are 15 people vying for every ticket available?

I totally understand what you are saying Too Tall and I realise this is an unknown entity and could go either way

I'm not really convinced that a show of interest on-line will translate into a reliable idea of how many tickets will be sold.

If they announce Benedict, Martin, Andrew and Una for example, ticket sales will be a lot higher than if they announce several background characters.

I guess they have to start somewhere though.....

• Showmasters Admin

I agree it's not a 100% guide, but if they only get 4k-5k people sign up they know they should keep it small. But if they get 100k then they know it's looking serious.

Obviously names will make a difference (they always do) and working directly with Hartswood they have access to all of the guests. Again who they get and how many will all depend on who's available at the time but also the numbers. If it's the BIG event they'll be able to look at having many more guests and more of the bigger guests you've named.

We shall all have to wait and see :thumbup:

• Moderators

I would say that the fandom seems to me like it's a loyal and enthusiastic one that is happy to meet many of the people involved in the show, not just Benedict and Martin (for example).

They certainly won't organise simply based on the 'demand' shown, but it's a good indicator to start with.

Obviously the main main cast would appeal to more casual fans as well, but it's the passion of the fanbase that has made this a viable event in the first place.

Definitely enthusiastic DB ;)

So excited for this, I admit to checking my email a lot to see if there's news. On that note, will new information be emailed & Tweeted please? I'm on Twitter but, I get no signal at work, seriously it's an idyllic black hole!

I must be compleetely lost - or missed something here... where is this sign up thingy then?

massiveevents.co.uk/sherlocked/

Thanks for that - I spend too much time on the forums as it is so i'll be keeping my details private. But good to know for those who don't mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You cant really do an event like this without the 2 main stars of the show, Benedict and Martin. Promoting an event like this and just having one or two guests who had bit parts in one episode would be a little silly. I believe Showmasters will try everything they can to get the big stars :) Its likely that with this being a 3 day event the big stars will only be able to make one day, and boy will that be a busy day! lol

Edited by Anthonyharrison11

• Moderators

It's too early to speculate really as to who will attend and when. The partnership should certainly help in that aspect though.

But I think it's safe to say they won't just have a few bit part one episoders.

I'm guessing as nothing is firmed up datewise yet it'll be closer to end of the year? Or else its gonna be a bit crashbangwallop. lol!

Some time in the last 4 months of 2014 is pretty likely, my friends and I suspect. Benedict is definitely doing Hamlet in the West End in the autumn. If he's asked, and confirms, SM/ME/Hartswood will have to work around that time.

I'm guessing as nothing is firmed up datewise yet it'll be closer to end of the year? Or else its gonna be a bit crashbangwallop. lol!

Some time in the last 4 months of 2014 is pretty likely, my friends and I suspect. Benedict is definitely doing Hamlet in the West End in the autumn. If he's asked, and confirms, SM/ME/Hartswood will have to work around that time.

I would say that is a high probability but then the organisers have to take into consideration that many people budget for Christmas as well so they would need to price up tickets accordingly as even if interest. There is one determinate factor in an attendees behaviour to even go and that is the pricing and the latter part of the year is already having hotel bookings due to it being classed as the Christmas season and many 'Christmas' based functions and events occur and is those venues and hotels prime business for this time of the year, so the organisers do need to be on the ball with this and maybe start filtering out some information ... yes we are in the early days of March but it soon flies by.

Edited by Peachicato

• Moderators

The info will come when all the logistics of the event etc are sorted. It's not a case of them holding back :) it's just that they're working out the best way of doing this event to please as many people as possible.

There's always going to be challenges whenever the event happens, and there'll never be a perfect time. But with enough warning, I'm sure people will find ways of attending.