Sign in to follow this  
I am that I am

Costume Contest/Costume Parade Insights?

Greetings all who are to be assimilated.

Might any who took part in the DST London Costume Parade/Contest offer their insights into of process, judging, and any other thoughts.

I've taken part in the Vegas Star Trek costume contest and made it into the final round as seen in my profile pic.

Many thanks for any and all data.

Any news yet?

I only know the costume parade (at DSTL) was quite enjoyable and original :).

If I where you, I'd contact the people of DSTG and ask this question. It seems that us forum-dwellers don't really have the appropriate answer.

Edited by Vivec

Pity it was so hidden the costume contest - I'd loved to attend - but we missed it.

• Like 1

Well Media 10 dropped the ball by not having a costume contest scheduled, reflecting that they are still very new to the SciFi convention world. The Trekkie Girls actually saved the day by telling Media 10 they would like to do a contest during their Saturday Stage B lineup. Thus it was so last minute and I did not hear of it until someone told me just 45 minutes before the contest. I did a quick run to the bathroom to refresh my makeup and was fortunately ready in time. Yes I do carry my makeup with my costume, as it was a result of a lesson learned in a previous contest with my face a mess and no makeup.

I am that I am and Xena - it was really nice to meet both of you!

I AM you were so nice when I called out your "name" and you turned and gave me all that attention even though everybody was trying to come near you and photograph you. :thumbup::borg: We had a nice walk together and a nice chat, plus we had the honor to be assimilated :clap: (see photo with my daughter).

31af6abf-5ac6-4f00-9acd-1b07bb7188a1.jpg

Xena I wish I had known you were from Austria.... I spoke to you in English :no: I do hope that our paths cross again - I think what you are doing is great! :king:

xena2.jpg

I unfortunately missed the costume contest :no: for which I was rather upset. We did not hear what was going on and we were elsewhere (either at a talk or waiting for autographs). Really a shame.

Edited by Amazon