Sports guests

That might have something to do with it, although I'm still surprised there have been no sports guests announced so far. Only the Newcastle event has sports guests announced, so even the Welsh event is sparce on that account.

If other events were delaying announcements, then i would have thought that the same would have applied to all the other guests, yet there is a healthy list for the MK event so far.

I've heard strong rumours about a few football guests for MK. One is a massive name in football and I'd guess at them probably being the most popular sports guest SM has ever offered.

Any clues or links?

Stuart Pearce has been announced now. I think he fits that bill perfectly :-)

• 2 weeks later...

It would be good to see the rest of the England '66 squad.

George Cohen, Ray Wilson, Nobby Stiles, Bobby Charlton, John Connelly, Ron Springett, Peter Bonetti, Jimmy Armfield, Gerry Byrne, Ron Flowers, Norman Hunter, Terry Paine, Ian Callaghan, Roger Hunt, George Eastham.

It would make an amazing reunion!

• 1 month later...

Loved meeting Stuart Pearce, is their any chance of getting anymore players from his era.

It was great to meet Stuart had a good chat with him, got auto and photo shoot as well.

I must admit I would rather meet players from this era or even earlier in some cases. Whilst I do count my self a footie fan, I don't really watch a lot of the Premiership games as don't have Sky Sports, so players like Stuart Pearce have more meaning to me. I've been fortunate to meet a number of my favourite footballers from around this era (Matt Le Tissier, David Ginola, Gianfranco Zola, Paul Gascoigne etc) It's also good to meet the World Cup 66 players as well and would love to meet some of the Brazilian football great as well. Meeting Peter Shilton as well at the last Winter Collectormania was a real highlight.

• Like 2

More members of the Italia 90 era would be welcome. I've met many of them but would love to see the likes of Chris Woods, Terry Butcher, John Barnes, Peter Beardsley, Des Walker, David Platt, Steve McMahon, Chris Waddle etc and I'd love to see Glenn Hoddle and Gary Lineker at a Showmasters event.

• Like 3

More members of the Italia 90 era would be welcome. I've met many of them but would love to see the likes of Chris Woods, Terry Butcher, John Barnes, Peter Beardsley, Des Walker, David Platt, Steve McMahon, Chris Waddle etc and I'd love to see Glenn Hoddle and Gary Lineker at a Showmasters event.

That would be great, such a shame the legendary Bobby Robson wouldn't be around to attend as well.

• Like 1