ANSWERS to FAQs

Too Tall

4 - TALKS:

Click on arrow to return to main post 918131[/snapback]

What talks will there be?

The majority of talks are FREE :D

Well this part might be abit out of date since it covers the FREE talks and not the paid talks. I thought it would be nice if it was added information how the procedure were on the paid talks with ticket numbers and so on :)

Q1/ me and wife are waiting a photo with both of us in. Do we just order 2 at once or is there another way of doing this? Also I am a gold pass holder and she is regular ticket, so I presume I have to be in her queue to get photo together?

Q2/ if I have a high number photo ticket say 400 how long would it take me to be seen being in the gold pass queue? And being there before the shoot begins.

If anyone could let me know that be great. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 - TALKS:

Click on arrow to return to main post 918131[/snapback]

What talks will there be?

The majority of talks are FREE :D

Well this part might be abit out of date since it covers the FREE talks and not the paid talks. I thought it would be nice if it was added information how the procedure were on the paid talks with ticket numbers and so on :)

The whole thing is kind of work in progress as things sometimes change from event to event. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll discuss with TooTall.

Q1/ me and wife are waiting a photo with both of us in. Do we just order 2 at once or is there another way of doing this? Also I am a gold pass holder and she is regular ticket, so I presume I have to be in her queue to get photo together?

Q2/ if I have a high number photo ticket say 400 how long would it take me to be seen being in the gold pass queue? And being there before the shoot begins.

If anyone could let me know that be great. Thanks.

1) Two tickets. You'll get two prints and can do different poses, but it's 2 tickets. You are also correct, you'd have to join your wife in the regular queue.

2) If we're talking solo photo (without your wife): as long as you have a Gold Pass the number does not matter. Gold Pass queue gets seen before any regular ticket holders get in. It is hard to tell how many Gold Pass holders will turn up though. As long as you are there before start time you'll still join the end of the Gold Pass line and jump the majority of the line.

Hi - this thread is very helpful thanks! Newbie queries alert though:

How many guests would you think is reasonable to try to get photos and autos for in one day? I was hoping to get 5 GoT people and a couple of others - is that too much with all the queues and should I book a ticket for both weekend dates?

Also - with the photoshoots, is there somewhere we can store our bags?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi - this thread is very helpful thanks! Newbie queries alert though:

How many guests would you think is reasonable to try to get photos and autos for in one day? I was hoping to get 5 GoT people and a couple of others - is that too much with all the queues and should I book a ticket for both weekend dates?

Also - with the photoshoots, is there somewhere we can store our bags?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi, 5 plus two more will be fine for one day.

You hand bags/items over to crew before you enter the photo shoot area, and collect them on the way out.

Edited by 1of2

Hi there

I have tickets to the Stan Lee talk on the Sunday morning.

What time does the talk start, and how long before that do I need to get there (to allow for queueing and so on) ?

The schedule is normally posted during the week leading up to the event.

The ticket number relates to your seat number so 10 minutes before will be fine, regardless of how many have the urge to queue up sooner.

Hello I've tried and failed to get Showmasters to reply on Twitter and Facebook to a real badic question, so thought I'd try here

Bought a photo session with Natalie, if I wanted her to then sign it, what's the best way to do this (obviously I'll buy an autograph ticket as well)?

Just don't want to queue up for an autograph for hours if it's BEFORE the photo shoot.

Help appreciated.

• Showmasters Admin

If you read this FAQs you'll see that we run a virtual queue system on the autographs.

This means that when you first get to the show you will go and get a virtual ticket for Natalie. When your number is called you can join the autograph queue any time after that.

So you need to:

Enter and show.

Get a VT for Natalie.

Have your photo taken.

If your VT number has not been called yet, wait for it to be called and then join the autograph queue.

If you VT number has been called, join the autograph queue.

Get your picture signed.

Yeah read the FAQs but it wasn't that specific hence asking the question. My concern was I'd get a VT and the numbers had moved on say 400 odd and the marshalls say you're too late.

Had that experience at some SM shows before just so you know.

Any idea what times the photo and autograph shoots will be for ND as of yet?

• Showmasters Admin

No one at an SM show should ever say you are too late (unless the queue has closed as the guest is leaving), as long as you have a VT you can't miss your turn.

Our rules have always been you can join the queue any time after your number is called. We call 1 to 400, 1 to 800. You can't miss your number. If anyone ever tells you that talk to a Pit Boss in RED.

Autographs will be all day. Time of photo shoot will be on the photo shoot schedule about 1-2 weeks before the show.

The FAQ does say "The numbers shown are for any number UPTO that number. You can go up anytime after your number is called. So if you have ticket number 100 and the board is showing 200, this is fine, you haven't missed your turn."

• Like 1

Do we know yet when the comic gold pass meet and greet with Stan Lee is going to be? At first it was meant to be the event for the awards, but now not so sure.

Would like to know if it's worth getting a ticket for the GoT screening or not. I know it clashes with the awards. I wouldn't mind missing that, just not the meet and greet.

Hey all,

Hope this is ok to post here. Will we know before hand which guests will have virtual queue tickets?

Take care,

Matty-lad

safely assume that all guests have virtual queue tickets and then you'll be pleasanlty surprised when some guests don't lol.

Generally most guests will have a VQ system in place. Guests who aren't really busy normally won't have a VQ system in place.

• Like 1

Hi,

I was thinking..I can't remember, is videoing allowed during the talks? I assumed that generally it wasn't allowed and I can't remember whether or not anything was mentioned at the start of the talks I've been to in the past. I notice that people have done though and they are on YouTube, but then maybe they have done them on the sly.

Bought myself a decent camcorder earlier this year and wondered if it was worth me bringing it lol.

Cheers