ANSWERS to FAQs

Too Tall

I was wondering- up until when will there be announced new guests?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Matt Smith/Karen Gillan will join this year's LFCC. I'm already planning on buying tickets for a photoshoot with some other guests- but if Matt or Karen would come, I might have to consider my choices, since I can't afford all of them...

I don't want to wait much longer with pre-ordering, in case the tickets sell out, but what would be the latest date for guests announcements, and otherwise, would it be possible to trade photoshoot tickets?

Thanks in advance! :)

Guests will be announced when they are announced. It could be now, in a few minutes, in an hour or in a few days. We simply do not know unless we're told to brace ourselves for an announcement. Guests can be announced up until the start of the con (and even during it at times!).

But honestly, don't hold your breath for a specific guest you're waiting for.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Matt Smith/Karen Gillan will join this year's LFCC. I'm already planning on buying tickets for a photoshoot with some other guests- but if Matt or Karen would come, I might have to consider my choices, since I can't afford all of them...

I don't want to wait much longer with pre-ordering, in case the tickets sell out, but what would be the latest date for guests announcements, and otherwise, would it be possible to trade photoshoot tickets?

Guests will be announced when they are announced. It could be now, in a few minutes, in an hour or in a few days. We simply do not know unless we're told to brace ourselves for an announcement. Guests can be announced up until the start of the con (and even during it at times!).

Totally agree with this,last year Gary Kurtz "randomly appeared" obviously not randomly but came as a surprise, on the Saturday. I couldn't meet him as I didn't know he was going to be there, just goes to show you should expect and plan for the unexpected ;)

I've accidentally bought a Stan Lee photoshoot (the new expensive ones) for the Friday night when I'm not there on the Friday.

Yes, I'm an idiot! :blush:

Is there anything I can do? I REALLY need that money! :sad:

You can try emailing info@collectormania.com but they are non-refundable.

Thanks QS the floor isn't an options for me (it's super difficult to get up cause of a leg problem). I'll work something out. Looking forward to it!!

I know some people who bring a small foldable chair (one of those tripod things) along, maybe that's an option for you?

I'll try that thank you. I could've sworn that I put a Saturday one in...then the store crashed on me at every new page (guessing there were LOTS of people buying at that point) and then the order said Saturday.

I noticed that someone else had a problem like that earlier in the thread...is it possibly a glitch in the site?

Thanks

• Showmasters Admin

Totally agree with this,last year Gary Kurtz "randomly appeared" obviously not randomly but came as a surprise, on the Saturday. I couldn't meet him as I didn't know he was going to be there, just goes to show you should expect and plan for the unexpected ;)

From this very FAQs

Will there be any more guests?

There is normally a minimum of 80 guests at the show.

Please don't post "Is that all the guests?" as SM will never say YES. As there is always the chance of extra guests at the last minute. So please don't ask.

Sometimes guests take a long time to come back on offers, they may have even rejected an offer, but then 2 weeks out (maybe even 2 days out) finds they are free to attend. Their agent contacts SM and "bam" we have a new guest at the last minute. Obviously SM would prefer to have advanced warning to advertise a guest, as would everyone I'm sure, but sometimes that just doesn't happen.

Random question. Is there air conditioning in the halls at earls court? (Just wondering if it turns out to be a hot day...I don't want to be pool of sweat melted on the floor).

I don't remember there being any. mind you it was awfully hot last year. Plus with like a bazillion people in the same place its bound to be hot. :)

Random question. Is there air conditioning in the halls at earls court? (Just wondering if it turns out to be a hot day...I don't want to be pool of sweat melted on the floor).

I don't remember there being any. mind you it was awfully hot last year. Plus with like a bazillion people in the same place its bound to be hot. :)

Well you know the current weather in southend...I'm wearing a coat and scarf still. So I'm usually pretty good with warm weather (I'm sure I'm cold blooded and need to warm up in the sun. lol!) its just if it gets all stuff I start to suffer.lol

Well you know the current weather in southend...I'm wearing a coat and scarf still. So I'm usually pretty good with warm weather (I'm sure I'm cold blooded and need to warm up in the sun. lol!) its just if it gets all stuff I start to suffer.lol

Oh golly gosh! Yep nice blue skies, although it looks like those in the high street are going to get a damn good drenching have you seen that grey cloud amidst the blue? Warm weather is ok, stuffy? Yep Its why I only wore tshirt and jeans last year- I was going to wear shorts but knew that people would mistake me for Peter Mayhew... :)

Hi

I am thinking of buying a photo shoot op with Stan Lee for my son , he will be with me and my wife. I take it i just need to buy standard entry tickets ( x3 ) for us all and then one photo op ticket for him ?

cheers

• Showmasters Admin

Hi

I am thinking of buying a photo shoot op with Stan Lee for my son , he will be with me and my wife. I take it i just need to buy standard entry tickets ( x3 ) for us all and then one photo op ticket for him ?

cheers

Yes that's fine.

• Moderators

Autographs are completely separate, and can only be paid for on the day. You only pay once you have gained access to the 'real' queue - see the first posts of these FAQ for information on how the 'virtual' queuing system works.

Edited by etmuse

• Showmasters Admin

bit like the deli at Sainsburys then :smile:

Pretty much, but you can't miss your turn. We call 1 to 200, 1 to 300 etc.

So it's NOT a case of now calling 300 to 350 and if you have 100 you've missing out.

• Like 1

I was hoping you could help, basically I have a standard entry ticket for the Saturday, but want to upgrade it to Early Bird. I know I can upgrade it on the day, but what queue would I have to line up in? As there will be a queue for people who got their tickets in advance and ones who want entry tickets on the day, im guessing? Would I line up in the advanced tickets line and upgrade when entering? Thanks!

Ok after reading the post in here I am confused and slightly worried. I have bought photoshoots with David Yost and Cerina Vincent for the Saturday and have quite low numbered tickets (15 & 21)but I bought the standard entry tickets on the same day so wont get in until 11. Will I miss my phototshoots because of this or have to upgrade my ticket on the day or can if I miss them can I speak to a crew member and get my photoshoot?

Ok after reading the post in here I am confused and slightly worried. I have bought photoshoots with David Yost and Cerina Vincent for the Saturday and have quite low numbered tickets (15 & 21)but I bought the standard entry tickets on the same day so wont get in until 11. Will I miss my phototshoots because of this or have to upgrade my ticket on the day or can if I miss them can I speak to a crew member and get my photoshoot?

Timetables have not been posted so you will have to wait till they are, if they are before 11 you just need to get there early and pay the difference and then go in for the photoshoot, if they are after then it's fine.

If you miss the shoot then obviously they can't bring the guest back for each person which means you will miss out and not be refunded (if a large amount of people miss the shoot I think the guest can be called back though although SM can confirm on this?) so make sure you are ready for the photoshoot.

If someone misses a photoshoot then SM do try and get the guest back for those that have missed it. This is not always possible, however, so your best option would be to upgrade on the day if you need to. Without the photo schedule it's hard to say.