Advice for a first timer!

MattB

Hey everyone, I have only found this event a couple of weeks back. I'm looking at coming down from the north east for the couple of days and I have to say I'm really excited at the prospect of meeting the NASA crew! However, I have a couple of Q's that I'm hoping you could answer - probably a simple one but does the deluxe weekend pass include the photos with Buzz? (Just seems a great value ticket for what you get) what sort of memorabilia will be on sale? Is plastic accepted aswell as cash? Am I better pre ordering autographs or does it not matter? And ultimately to personalise or not to personalise that is the question!! Apologies for the long winded post but I'm buzzing in anticipation and want to be best prepared!! Thanks all

• Moderators

Cards are accepted at the sales desk (where photoshoot tickets etc can be bought) but not at the autograph tables. However card vouchers can be bought at the sales desk which CAN be used for autographs. Pre-ordered autographs are for those that cannot attend the event (they will be collected on their behalf by event crew and sent out afterwards); in person autographs are on sale on the day only.

Personalisation is, well, a very personal choice. Not all guests will do it, even if you prefer it. (I get mine personalised if I can for various reasons, but I know some people like just the signature.)

I've only been to Autographica once myself (and was working so didn't have time to wander) so my memory may not be entirely accurate in terms of dealer stalls, but from what I do remember a significant proportion was items for protecting autographs once gained, and the sale of autographed photos of stars (dead and alive!).

Memorabilia wise the majority of stalls tend to be sell autographs, although there is one that usually sells unsigned photos and canvas prints connected with the guests at the event. There is usually one stall selling space flown items and other aviation related artefacts as well as another that sells things like mission patches etc.

With regards to payment, last time Buzz was over he did have his own facility to take card payments at his desk but it was done through a mobile phone of some sort and it did seem a wee bit temperamental.

Personalising is always a tough one with astronauts, most of mine aren't but in recent times I have started to get a few more personalised.

probably a simple one but does the deluxe weekend pass include the photos with Buzz? (Just seems a great value ticket for what you get)

This will be my first Autographica although I have been to quite a few other SM events. I assumed the 10 photo shoots included with the deluxe weekend pass include all guests doing photo shoots including Buzz Aldrin, that is why I have gone for it, seemed great value to me (although I had already paid £75 for the Aldrin/Bean group photo). There is no mentioning of any guest not being included apart from any group photos.

Edited by BasG

Thanks folks, I was just trying to work out how much cash I would need to bring in comparison to cards, do the memorabilia stalls take cards by any chance?

Has anyone done the lectures before? Just wondered what they may be like!? Thanks for that about pre orders, I thought it was to prevent you missing out lol

My other half suggested that if I'm getting all the photos with them then just to get the pics signed without personalisation, I just couldn't decide but for me this is something to hand down to my kids when I eventually have them but to have it personalised is pretty cool!!

Yeah the deluxe pass just says that all those appearing that are having photo shoots are included so I guess that's the answer, I just wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to have one with buzz and al!

The lectures are always great, often the real highlight of the weekend but the format can vary, sometimes it will be a straight lecture with a few questions at the end and sometimes it's a Q&A format all the way through I think it just depends on the preference of the guest.

Edited by Count Fooku