WARNING Transformers is going to be a big thing at this years LFCC

By "Transformers" do you mean the cartoon series and line of toys that captured the imaginations of a generation, or the abomination that is the blockbuster film franchise?

The anniversary is mentioned in the opening post, the whole thing is 30 this year. I'm a G1 fan, but I couldn't hate the movies if I tried.

I couldn't remember when the first film came out. Could have been ten years since. Fair enough, though. The first movie was watchable, I guess, but they went downhill after that. Just not the Transformers for me.

Really because I like the third one Transformers the dark side of the moon.

I grew up with Transformers and absolutely love the Generation 1 era still. So like many others am crossing my fingers for Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. Would be thrilled to have any of the voice actors present. Also Simon Furman who was the number one guy for the UK comic for many years.

Simon is already attending which is excellent!

By "Transformers" do you mean the cartoon series and line of toys that captured the imaginations of a generation, or the abomination that is the blockbuster film franchise?

The anniversary is mentioned in the opening post, the whole thing is 30 this year. I'm a G1 fan, but I couldn't hate the movies if I tried.

I couldn't remember when the first film came out. Could have been ten years since. Fair enough, though. The first movie was watchable, I guess, but they went downhill after that. Just not the Transformers for me.

Really because I like the third one Transformers the dark side of the moon.

The third one is probably the worst. Was about half an hour too long, cast Leonard Nemoy as a character that says a copy (though reversed) of one of Mr Spock's most famous lines: "The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many," (the original had "many" and "few" reversed), killed principle characters for no reason and didn't even try to give their deaths any impact and laughably brushed aside Megan Fox's character with a single line of weak dialogue. Not that I missed Fox at all, she was never anything more than a token shapely body and her replacement in Rosie Huntington-Whitely filled that role admirably. Whole movie was just groanworthy, although John Malkovich's small role was excellent and had me crying with laughter.

But as I've said, I am just a cynical Gen1 fan that refuses to acknowledge the blockbuster movies as legitimate Transformers films. :) Good for you that you enjoyed it!

Like many, I'm a big fan of the original G1 Cartoon but have enjoyed the films as well. The third film I thought wasn't too bad, certainly an improvement on the second film. I enjoyed Nimoy in his role and his return to the Transformers franchise. I think his "Spock Quote" was more like a "wink wink, nudge nudge" type of thing for fans of multiple franchises. I agree I would like the films to be more like G1 but I guess it's had to be updated for a new generation to enjoy. Can't argue with the financial success and I'm sure I'll be queuing up to watch Age of Extinction as soon as it comes out.

From an LFCC point of view, I can't wait to hear of any news with regards to what or who might be appearing. As my profile pic might give away I'm a big Transformers fan. Just annoyed I've got to wait 6 months for the show! :crying:

Transformers is and always has been a massive part of my life. Its what brought me & my Bf together, Its what 2/3rd of our house is filled with (our collection is potentially too big =P ) and to have some awesome way to celebrate it with fellow fans at LFFC would be amazing ^_^

I am currently planning a G1 Ironhide Cosplay for Auto Assembly this year but damn i might have to work my Butt off and get this done for LFCC! I honestly dont mind what is planned for LFCC, G1 voice actors would make my day especially Cullen =) How amazing would it be to meet Ironhide AS ironhide xDD Absolutely not a fan of the movies so hope that is kept to a minimum but anything G1, animated, Beast Wars, RID, Armada, Games etc would be wonderful =)

Transformers is and always has been a massive part of my life. Its what brought me & my Bf together, Its what 2/3rd of our house is filled with (our collection is potentially too big =P ) and to have some awesome way to celebrate it with fellow fans at LFFC would be amazing ^_^

I am currently planning a G1 Ironhide Cosplay for Auto Assembly this year but damn i might have to work my Butt off and get this done for LFCC! I honestly dont mind what is planned for LFCC, G1 voice actors would make my day especially Cullen =) How amazing would it be to meet Ironhide AS ironhide xDD Absolutely not a fan of the movies so hope that is kept to a minimum but anything G1, animated, Beast Wars, RID, Armada, Games etc would be wonderful =)

Must be cool having a partner into Transformers! My house is about half full of my collection and my last girlfriend hated them so much she threatened to smash the lot! It goes without saying that she is no longer my girlfriend! lol

Peter Cullen would be great but I've heard he is very expensive (a Transformers con I go to has had this issue with trying to get him in the past) so if they did get him, that would be huge! Frank Welker apparently doesn't do many conventions but again that would be massive to get him.

There are lots of voice actors to get from across the shows who would also have appeal to fans of other shows, movies, etc. - Gary Chalk (Beast Wars, Stargate SG-1, etc.), Tony Todd (who I think is at Collectormania or one of the others this year, Transformer Prime), Michael Bell (super nice guy - met him at a con a couple of years back, obviously G1 but also Star Trek), Lance Henriksen (Transformers Animated as well as the Alien movies, Millenium...)... Leonard Nimoy would be great (Galvatron from Transformers The Movie, also Sentinel Prime from Dark Of The Moon and, of course, Spock from Star Trek!)... a huge list!

Voice actors from Transformers Prime would be great, if possible! :-)

- G

I'm not a Transformers fan, but so many actors were in the movies that I would love to meet (esp. Stanley Tucci, Titus Welliver and Sophia Myles from the new one). I'd also like to put in a vote for Mark Ryan (voice of Bumblebee in the first movie, and has done various voices for the video games).

I know that there's over 5 months until the event but I hope an announcement of ANYTHING Transformers is announced soon to whet my appetite! I'd hate for this to be another of those "Big Announcement/Thing" and it just to fizzle out to nothing. It's happened before, hope it doesn't happen here. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

The trailer was....interesting. I'll say that! I don't have a huge hate for the Bay version of Transformers and I think in this day and age I don't think we can now expect anything less than big explosions and special effects for these films.

The Dinobots look huge and if that was Grimlock at the end of the clip what's with the horns? He's not meant to look like a dragon! Oh well.

I missed out on the whole Transformers thing first time around, I think I was just a little too old, yes, I know I'm feeling even more ancient as this is the 30th Anniversary ! :grump:

However, having two sons, I've certainly watched a lot since and it should make a good weekend. I'm sure they would love a Transformer photo shoot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...