WARNING Transformers is going to be a big thing at this years LFCC

I would also be very impressed if you can get either Megan Fox or Shia LaBeouf!

I'd be surprised if he showed up for an event the same time as the first live action Transformers film he is isn't in, but that might make him availible I suppose

If the dates dont move, Transformers 4 is due to be released that weekend..

Thursday the 10th currently (my Birthday as it happens!). Which is two weeks after the US date. Depending on when the UK premiere and press interviews take place, they could still be in London that weekend. Edited by TerraHawk

Tony Todd will be at Milton Keynes for Collectormania if you can make it.

Alas as much as I would like to meet the legend that is Frank Welker I've also heard he's a very shy man who doesn't really like doing events with big crowds.

If SM are able to bring in props or models such as the robots (not the cars) for photoshoots, that in itself would be great. However if you are able to bring anyone over from my list in my earlier post I will be chuffed to bits! :clap:

• Like 1

Surprised not many are saying this, but definitely some actual Transformers themselves, either statutes or movie props and obviously an actual vehicle display such as Optimus Prime in truck mode (movie version) would be particularly cool.

(though any movie vehicle would be cool to see)

Edited by Brian Cairns
  • Like 2

By "Transformers" do you mean the cartoon series and line of toys that captured the imaginations of a generation, or the abomination that is the blockbuster film franchise?

That said, Peter Cullen would be an amazing guest. If you got Frank Welker as well that'd be incredible as all us Gen1 nerds could get stuff signed by both Prime and Megatron. They have the added bonus of having voiced many other major characters between them as well (Eeyore, Voltron, Ironhide, Slimer, Fred from Scooby Doo etc).

I could frankly give a rats ass about any of the film cast (above voice actors aside) but there's no accounting for taste and I appreciate they're a major Hollywood franchise now.

• Like 1

By "Transformers" do you mean the cartoon series and line of toys that captured the imaginations of a generation, or the abomination that is the blockbuster film franchise?

The anniversary is mentioned in the opening post, the whole thing is 30 this year. I'm a G1 fan, but I couldn't hate the movies if I tried.

The anniversary is mentioned in the opening post, the whole thing is 30 this year. I'm a G1 fan, but I couldn't hate the movies if I tried.

I couldn't remember when the first film came out. Could have been ten years since. Fair enough, though. The first movie was watchable, I guess, but they went downhill after that. Just not the Transformers for me.

Now I'm a big fan favorite, I have been and prob always will I have enough toys and 2 tattoos to back that up.

with this year being all about the 30year mark and Hasbro re-releasing 30 collector editions of the toys. I'm pretty sure we will see a big influence on both old and new,

PETER CULLEN - is probably the most notable voice over star even if he is store too.

Frank WelKer - A voice over from the original cartoon series

and

Charles Adler - People talk of him being the voice of Starscream but he was also the voice of many transformers in the beginning.

These three are probably the people for voices as aside from there transformers roles have done so much voice work it makes them some of the best voice over stars of the last 3 decades.

The optimus prime truck from the Bay films has been on tour in the UK so this is also a pretty good option I think bumblebees, iron hide and ratchet were too at one point.

Lets not forget Simon Furman who has been the comic writer from get go and already attending lfcc.

The model robots used for film work stand anywhere between 15-45ft tall so maybe not them having said that there are some awesome fantastic sculptures who have done stand up jobs that are small a quick Google will show that.

Would love Peter Cullen or frank welker ( but thats v unlikely ;( )

Charles Adler be great , shame Casey Kasem not well man now :(

Be great to see Gregg Berger over again he a great guy and any talk by David Kaye is always a. Thrill.

Susan blu would be amazing ....so many voice actors that still not been over before -

This is great news for me as I'm a big Transformers fan (of the cartoon, comics, toys and I even don't mind the movies)! I had a pic taken with a huge life size G1 Optimus Prime last year so maybe they'll get that there? It'll have to be well guarded though as I think that would look rather good in my garden... ;-)

- G

Sounds like they're gonna have a full-size transformer vehicle at the entrance (similar to Ghostbusters Ecto-1 last year). I'm a massive fan of the cartoon and toys since a kid, but the new Michael Bay films are AWFUL!! Just loud, shaky-cam, CGI-overloaded, badly acted 'multiplex' films! And I realistically can't see current Hollywood stars like Shia LeBouef and Megan Fox attending LFCC.

Sounds like they're gonna have a full-size transformer vehicle at the entrance (similar to Ghostbusters Ecto-1 last year). I'm a massive fan of the cartoon and toys since a kid, but the new Michael Bay films are AWFUL!! Just loud, shaky-cam, CGI-overloaded, badly acted 'multiplex' films! And I realistically can't see current Hollywood stars like Shia LeBouef and Megan Fox attending LFCC.

Can it be a full size Optimus Prime please :smile: :smile:

Edited by Pod0509

I grew up with Transformers and absolutely love the Generation 1 era still. So like many others am crossing my fingers for Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. Would be thrilled to have any of the voice actors present. Also Simon Furman who was the number one guy for the UK comic for many years.