Latest Comic Guest Announcement - SIMON FURMAN

• Showmasters Admin

Latest Comic Guest Announcement - Simon Furman

Attending: SAT/SUN

Writer – Transformers, Death’s Head

blaster+3.jpg

91-4.jpg

Energon_MTMTE_1_1291727536.jpg

For nigh on three decades he has been the foremost chronicler of the adventures of Hasbro’s Robots in Disguise. So closely linked with the development of the comicbook versions of the action figures has Simon Furman been that fans refer to him as the Transformers-meister. While he kicked of his comics career in 1984 as an editor, he very quickly made the transition to writer, initially on Fleetway’s junior horror comic Scream but within a year he’d made his Transformers debut (on 1985’s #13). He remained closely associated with the Marvel UK title until its cancellation in 1992. Along the way he also became the regular scripter of the US edition of the comic, staying on thatTransformers series until it was axed in 1991. The writer of numerous Robots in Disguise comics for Marvel (on both sides of the Pond), DreamWave and most recently IDW ,Furman has now reunited with artist Andrew Wildman (his long time Transformers collaborator) for Transformers: Regeneration; a series launched by IDW in 2013, it continues and concludes the story left unfinished when Marvel (US) cancelled its Transformers comic. However Furman has numerous credits that go far beyond the Robots in Disguise. It’s a list that includes a wide diversity of titles, among them Sensational She-Hulk, Doctor Who, Alpha Flight and Robocop as well asDragon’s Claws and Death’s Head, both of which he co-created.

Must remember to bring more money with me - whenever I chat to Simon I always end up buying stuff! lol

It's great to see he'll be there again - especially as it's the 30th anniversary of the Transformers and I've seen the post that there'll be some stuff going on at LFCC because of that. You can't have a celebration of Transformers without Simon Furman!

This AND Stan Lee links back to my childhood as I used to get the Marvel Transformers comic every week... this is turning into an even bigger geekfest for me than usual (and that's really saying something)! I really can't wait for this! :-)

- G