Sign in to follow this  
startrekandgatefan

which languages will be used?

Hello As it is in Germany, will people attending need a basic knowledge of German? My native language is English but I left school with a B in A-Level German, (old spelling).

You need what you have :-). It is not a German Event, it's a European Event that takes place in German. So I think that you will find (also) a lot of English translated signs there.

My guess is that the "hello" might be in German but further more the guests languages are English so I doubt it will be more in German as that.

You have no problems using English, don't worry. The talks will be in English and most crew will be able to communicate in English too.

If you leave the Messe getting around in Frankfurt with English only isn't a problem either. Frankfurt hosts many conventions and trade fairs. Some people may not speak perfect English, but you'll get around fine.

If it's a EU thingy the language should be french :P I do prefer English though. I get a bit upset when Showmasters twitter in German as I believe the majority of the attendants are not German. My German is atrocious btw. LOL!