Champions League Of Horror Final Jaws Vs Halloween

smcelhenny

Here we have it, our first ever champions league of Horror final is

Halloween Vs Jaws.

Both iconic films, both have unforgettable soundtracks, both have legendary directors. Though it may be a surprise final out of the 32 films that started it sure is a worthy final of two great films.

Same rules apply, vote for which film you want to see crowned first champions league of horror champion and next Saturday the film with the most votes lifts the trophy.

Jaws.

I'm basing this decision on the fact that if they were on different channels at the same time, what one would I choose to watch.

I love Halloween with a passion and the overall impact that it had on the horror genre. However, The opening few minutes of Jaws is still one of the most terrifying and iconic scenes ever.

• Like 1

Halloween for me, of course!

I based my decision on the fact that, not only has Halloween been my all time favourite movie since I first saw it in 1981 on VHS, but also that, out of the two movies, Halloween closer fits the conventions, and traditional iconography of a true horror movie, whereas Jaws could be seen as a seafaring adventure film along the lines of Moby Dick, which isn't classed as horror.

Edited by Indiana
  • Like 1

So the voting for the final has finished and the honours of first ever Champions League of Horror final goes to Halloween which won in a close 4-3 contest over the worthy runner up Jaws.

Thanks to those who took part, I wasn't even sure it was going to work when I devised it and it has been interesting to see how people voted over the past couple of months.

I will look at doing another one next Autumn with some big guns such as Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, Misery etc replacing the films that finished bottom of their groups. You'll be pleased to know there will be no Uwe Boll films under consideration. ;).

If anyone has any other suggestions for a similar contest in the mean time with a different genre of films e.g Action, Comedy, Family etc let me know and I'll see what I can do

Thanks again and hope you enjoyed

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Golden Green, unfortunately it won't be any easier for you next year as the relegated films are going to be replaced by eight new movies which I didn't have room for this time so I expect there to be some even tougher choices for people to make.

Was thinking of maybe doing a world cup of horror what with the soccer world cup coming up in the summer, have an international flavour to it, e.g some of the best of Japanese horrors against French and Spanish/Mexican films amongst others. There must surely be 32 films out there so if any of you have any suggestions of what ones you want in there let me know and I'll put something together for a few months time

• Like 1