Stan Lee - what will you get signed?

I also have a question - will Stan sign fans own art work? I know I won't be able to find what I really want and planned on asking him to sign my own art as he created one of my favourite X-men characters. Would he sign something like that? If not I will have to try and find an alternative.

I dont really know if he would. But since its something you have drawn and he would sign. That would be having someone draw something and letting someone else sign it as its own work. I dont think that he would allow it.

I also have a question - will Stan sign fans own art work? I know I won't be able to find what I really want and planned on asking him to sign my own art as he created one of my favourite X-men characters. Would he sign something like that? If not I will have to try and find an alternative.

I dont really know if he would. But since its something you have drawn and he would sign. That would be having someone draw something and letting someone else sign it as its own work. I dont think that he would allow it.

Not sign it as his own work but as the creator of the character (as I'll have signed it anyway). I guess we'll just have to wait for official word.

Not sign it as his own work but as the creator of the character (as I'll have signed it anyway). I guess we'll just have to wait for official word.

Perhaps ya. :smile:

I would also be quite interested to know the answer to this if anyone from Showmasters is able to find out the answer :)

Never really had chance to sit and read the comics he has done but think it would be better to get him to sign a comic rather than the films he has had a cameo in.

Anyone recommend any Spiderman, Captain Anerica or Hulk comics?

Thanks in advance!

I agree completely. I think many attendees will be accustomed to meeting people purely because they are in something they like and will be happy to meet Stan purely because of his cameos. But you're right, he is a comic-book legend and it's best to appreciate the work that brought him that status.I am going to get the Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 1 as it's all of the Stan Lee / Steve Ditko issues. What better thing to get signed than the first ever Spider-Man stories presented in the best format they've ever been in? It could be argued that Spider-Man launched Marvel / Stan onto the mega-stardom they have today, and I know Stan himself has a special love of Spidey. Added to that, the old comics are just really good reads, very enjoyable. And since he doesn't personalise, it will end up being a good investment in future years. I met Stan the last time he was over here so if I miss out on his auto it's not such a big deal, but I will try to get the omnibus signed if I can.

• Like 1

Has there been any word from Stan's team or SM themselves on a limit to the number of things to get signed? Just thinking that what with it being his last European signing and the photoshoots on the verge of selling out... to enable as many people to leave with a smile on their face - a limit may be a good idea.

I don't remember one at LFCC or WLFCC last year but I remember reading the odd bit about if on the forums... And what with Stan being such a high profile guest...

Generally when a VQ is in place there is a limit of 5 items signed at once. If you want more, you'll have to get another VQ ticket and wait to join the queue again.

Thanks for the clarification - I'm sure I read that before but wanted to check.

Never really had chance to sit and read the comics he has done but think it would be better to get him to sign a comic rather than the films he has had a cameo in.

Anyone recommend any Spiderman, Captain Anerica or Hulk comics?

Thanks in advance!

I agree completely. I think many attendees will be accustomed to meeting people purely because they are in something they like and will be happy to meet Stan purely because of his cameos. But you're right, he is a comic-book legend and it's best to appreciate the work that brought him that status.I am going to get the Spider-Man Omnibus Volume 1 as it's all of the Stan Lee / Steve Ditko issues. What better thing to get signed than the first ever Spider-Man stories presented in the best format they've ever been in? It could be argued that Spider-Man launched Marvel / Stan onto the mega-stardom they have today, and I know Stan himself has a special love of Spidey. Added to that, the old comics are just really good reads, very enjoyable. And since he doesn't personalise, it will end up being a good investment in future years. I met Stan the last time he was over here so if I miss out on his auto it's not such a big deal, but I will try to get the omnibus signed if I can.

I agree, it's got to be something Comic based. If you're going to get it framed it's all about the art work. A lot of comic book stores sell on eBay and personally I'd get a issue 1 signed of any Marvel.

Mentioned it before but I think it's worth restating, Stan wrote one of the short stories in the recent X-Men anniversary one shot issue "X-Men Gold". Most comic stores should still have copies available and it should be easy to find on eBay too for only a few quid. It's certainly the most recent Marvel comic that he's written and probably the easiest for people to get their hands on without breaking the bank. It's an anniversary issue as well, so it has that added milestone-y-ness to it.

As ive decided to get a comic signed. Does anyone have an idea how to display a comic afterwards? Ive no idea lol

Get a sleeve from one of the stalls whom sells comics (can't remember the stalls name), he sells em for £1 each and it'll look great. I have both my Steve Cardenas and Paul McGann photo shoots as well as my Chavo Guerrero autograph in them.