Manchester Film and Comic Con

DamianFox69

There did used to be a Collectormania Manchester, or Collectormania G-MEX as it was known prior to that as it was held at the G-MEX Centre. I'm not sure why they stopped, but this would have been around the time when I started going to conventions in 2006. I remember attending one in November 2006, then a further one in 2007, again I think it was in November. Then after that, there was one in March 2008. I remember that one because Marina Sirtis was a guest and the very weekend before, she was appearing at Collectormania Midlands (another event which seems to have died out) in Coventry. That was at the Ricoh Arena. So I saw her two weekends in a row. But why they stopped I don't know, good question. Why did the Manchester and the Midlands shows stop, Showmasters?

• Showmasters Admin

We had 3 Collectormania GMex shows in Manchester back in 2006-2008, unfortunatly they all lost a lot of money and so SM stopped.

This doesn't mean there will not be one in the future, but with 3 shows failing there, I can't see it being at the top of the list.

• Moderators

There can't be events everywhere. Some try, some succeed, some don't succeed as much as they need to etc. If Manchester was viable and had done amazingly well, it would still exist in some form I'm sure. As it is, LFCC and MK etc are far more successful. Will they ever go back? Only time will tell.