big guest announcement warning over the next few days

• Showmasters Admin

"Still working on it"

So are we left to assume that the guest appearing hasn't actually confirmed they can come? I worry we're going to be left in the months long "limbo period" again.

no i have a signed contact 100 % i just need towork out all that we have planed with this person and its a lot of things and we have to run it past them first before each point is signed off and i can put these aspects up for sale when we announce

so we are getting everything right so if you want it to buy in you can

hope that helps

jason

• Like 5

"Still working on it"

So are we left to assume that the guest appearing hasn't actually confirmed they can come? I worry we're going to be left in the months long "limbo period" again.

no i have a signed contact 100 % i just need towork out all that we have planed with this person and its a lot of things and we have to run it past them first before each point is signed off and i can put these aspects up for sale when we announce

hope that helps

jason

It does help, thanks very much for clearing this up. Fingers crossed for Bruce Campbell as well, he's at the top of my wish list.

Im sure its just as frustrating for sm crew who try there best to get the guests for us. Coming up for my third year travelling down to these events and as a huge superman/v/doctor who fan ive not been disappointed an lng may it continue. Keep up the good wrk folks!!!!! :)

It sounds like there could be another photo prop shoot or something similar with this guest, so sounds interesting, loved the Sam Jones Prop Shoot from the Winter LFCC with the background as well.

I wonder if it could be a certain Mr Capaldi ? A Tardis photo shoot background would be very cool.

It sounds like there could be another photo prop shoot or something similar with this guest, so sounds interesting, loved the Sam Jones Prop Shoot from the Winter LFCC with the background as well.

I wonder if it could be a certain Mr Capaldi ? A Tardis photo shoot background would be very cool.

We've got that photoshoot theme with Paul McGann at NFCC and Eric Roberts at Collectormania with the Doctor Who Movie TARDIS console. But a Peter Capaldi TARDIS photoshoot would be wonderful!

Edited by chugs-in-credible

This really pisses me off. Yet again, showmasters posting about a big guest coming. Time and time again they do this, only for the announcement never to happen. I'm all for a big build up and all that excitement, but it's becoming more common now for these announcements to backfire. Please just announce guests when they have agreed and contracts have been signed. It's so much kinder to the fans :)

• Like 1

I'm going to guess Michael Rooker. Guardians is out only a couple of weeks after LFCC and there will no doubt be a ton of European press/premiere for that so he'll be around anyway. Plus he turned up at the last one to hang out with Jon Bernthal so he knows SM events have a good atmosphere.

• Like 2

This really pisses me off. Yet again, showmasters posting about a big guest coming. Time and time again they do this, only for the announcement never to happen. I'm all for a big build up and all that excitement, but it's becoming more common now for these announcements to backfire. Please just announce guests when they have agreed and contracts have been signed. It's so much kinder to the fans :)

Please read Jason's post on page 3:

"Still working on it"

hope that helps

jason

The contract is signed.

To me it does sound like what others have suggested already, that they are working on something out of the norm like a prop photoshoot. And that is the reason why the announcement isn't being made right away. Of course they could still announce the guest, but then fans will likely scramble for the normal shoot that will likely be on sale and then would be very unhappy if a special shoot is added too and they would have rather bought that.

• Like 3

They've always announced a big guest following a "big guest announcement coming" topic. Big guest is subjective though.

The only time nothing materialised was for Winter LFCC but that wasn't even for a big guest as a lot of people seem to be thinking. My understanding was that it was for an event they had planned for the show which fell through, not a guest.

Jason Hasn't Said It's A 1st Timer .... so it could be a previous guest and they are trying to work out if they are willing to do a photoshoot in costume or with a prop ? so lets stop all the hastle and await the announcement ..