Pre-order pictures

Helite

Due to work schedules I have been unable to attend the last 2 events, and it looks like I will have to miss the upcoming one as well. My pre-orders have been great, I am delighted with the opportunity to get them mailed to me. What would make life a little easier would be the option of choosing a picture from the website to have signed beforehand. So far my requests have been dealt with great, most of the ones requested and delivered have been of the guys on the surface doing their thing, or of them spacewalking etc. But to try and explain the image you want is kind of difficult if you have a certain one in mind, it would be awesome to have a choice of images of the Apollo guests to choose from for the pre-orders, or maybe if a specific image was wanted it could be mailed in advance?

Just thought It may make life easier for the organisers and buyers if there were 5+ popular images loaded on the site or even on this forum with a request number for each image and person.

Just thought I would post the idea here to see what other collectors thought?

Thanks now.

That's not a bad idea, it would also give people attending the show an idea which images would be available, but alternatively have you thought of buying the image you want & sending it in to be signed? I think they offer a send in service.

That's not a bad idea, it would also give people attending the show an idea which images would be available, but alternatively have you thought of buying the image you want & sending it in to be signed? I think they offer a send in service.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I did think about sending an image in, but to be honest I am not too fussy and so far my requests have been almost bang on with what I have received from the event. I figure it would be easier for the organisers to deal with the pre-orders if they knew exactly what image was requested, I think most folk would also be happier to settle for one of the available images when they buy, instead of trying to "explain" the kind of image they would like. Also for people ordering for the first time who haven't specified a particular image they may get a let down if they receive one of the press images or an image taken down here when they imagined it would be an image from the moon of the person. I don't mean for this to replace the current ability of requesting a certain image if it is available, or sending an image in to get signed, just another option for buyers and the organisers to maybe make life a little easier and streamline the pre-orders a little. Just a thought.

On the Autographica website they have 3 rolling images of Buzz and Al Bean, Just as an example if say 5 more popular images of each were added and labelled BA-001 to BA-8 for Buzz and AB-001 to AB-008 for Al bean then they could easily be identified for the pre-order?

Edited by Helite

• 2 months later...

That's a good idea. I've just pre-ordered Alan Bean and Barbara Bain autographs expecting to be given a choice of image to select for signing but there is no facility for that.

I will send in my own pics to be signed if it is possible to do that.

Or shall I leave it to Lady Luck...?

• 3 weeks later...