My CM20 Sunday recap

teabelly83

Firstly a big thank you to everyone involved on putting on the show..was a great day and worth the trip driving from Hull early on sunday morning so thank you to the crew, organisers and whole team aswel as the amazing guests!

Ok i figured id give my recap on every guest i met one by one so here goes, in no particular order: APOLOGIES FOR THE LONG STORIES ANYWAY, JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY DAY :)

Jeremy Bulloch -

Was great to finally meet jeremy, he was so friendly and had time for a quick chat, i took a letter to show him that he had wrote to me back in 1999 when i wrote to him saying how much of a fan of boba fett i was ahha..he was kinda shocked and said 'wow that was from a long while back, i dont do letters like that anymore because the fan mail got so much' so i just told him i wanted to meet him in person finally and thank him for taking the time to write back to me when i was a kid, it meant alot! He was great, signed a Fett pic for me with the quote 'you're next' then happily posed for a photo with me at his table!

Robert Englund -

This was the second time meeting Robert and he was high up on the list to meet again at the show. Like the first time i met him, he didnt disapoint!! as chatty and fun as ever, soon as i walked up to the table he noticed my american werewolf tshirt and said 'man i love that tshirt..the slaughtered lamb!! (in a dark creepy voice)'.

He then made a comment on my ghostbuster tattoos on my arm when i shook his hand.."man thats some fantastic ink, thats bill murray right' haha

I passed him a photo of 'WILLY' from V and he was stunned to see it, he loved it...he said 'wow where did you get this photo, i love it' then he went on to talk alittle about the V tv show and then signed the photo with 'willy the good alien from V'

I then gave him a neca cult classics action figure of the new nightmare version of freddy to sign the box and he said 'ahh this is the new nightmare, i loved this look, its my personal favorite and it really took freddys look back and made him look scary again'

He then talked alittle about the remake and was more than happy to take a table photo! so happy.

I told him that i had a photoshoot booked with him later in the day too and wanted the photo signing afterwards but he said he wasnt going to be going back down to his signing table once his shoot is over because of him being the last one of the day but he said if i could catch him after the shoot he would happily sign the photo.

Robert Knepper -

I moved across straight to robert knepper from robert englund and he was super friendly and very laid back! When i moved to his table he was all smiley and said 'hey there brother, how are you doing' and shook my hand.

had a good chat about prison break and told him how i loved the show when it first aired in the uk and how it still has a good following here and he was in agreement saying he couldnt believeh how popular it became and still is now. he then saw my tattoos aswel and was really chatty about them, saying he loved them etc and then he grabbed a picture of t-bag and told me a fun story of when he was first cast in the show that he was worried he wouldnt fit in because he didnt have any tattoos etc so he got the costume ppl to do him a small tattoo on his finger and he showed me it on the photo..i was gob smacked because i never noticed it in the show, and he was saying that he finally felt like he fit in with a tattoo aha...then went on to say later in the show he had to have his hand cut off and they cut the hand off with the tattoo ahaha so he was majorly disapointed but then just laughed.

i said to him when he was signing the pic, how i loved the character of tbag but how creepy he was and sneaky and he laughed and said thanks alot brother lol

he signed my picture 'many thanks', he had a sign up with no posed pics so i didnt ask him sadly, would have been nice to get one though, but he was a great guy and didnt disapoint.

Lance Henriksen -

Another guy who was amazing and im so happy i met finally. he was so friendly and welcoming at his table, i gave him a picture from 'near dark' and he said 'ahh you brought your own picture uh, awesome'. i said to him that its still one of the best vampire movies ive ever seen and just holds up today, he said thanks alot and told me he watches it once a year and has done for along while then he signed his name and said ill put a quote, then he wrote 'i fought for the south....we lost' under his name :)

Then he told us a fun story on making the movie and suggestions that he made to the director etc. He asked if we had come far and told him we drove a couple of hundred miles and he was shocked and said 'thank you so much for coming out to the show, maybe i should give you some gas money back' ahhaa...then he stood up and got some pound coins out of his pocket LOL...then laughed and shook hands.

he again made a comment on my ghostbusters tattoos and said i have some but they are old school, then showed me ones on his arms. he was more than happy to pose for pics aswel!

Billy Dee Williams -

Not alot to say really as he was pretty much like everyone said, he was really quite BUT he was very pleasant and polite and im happy to say didnt let me down, which i was scared of!! I had feared getting a bad experience with Lando himself but he was great. he said hello there, how are you today, i told him that lando was the coolest character in the sw universe and he smiled and said thank you so much, signed my picture and shook my hand.

Scout taylor compton -

She was amazing to meet, so friendly and sweet and such a gorgeous lady too. She was really chatty and had alot to say. I told her i enjoyed halloween and what a great job she did in the 'the runaways' movie and she said 'aww you liked that, thats awesome' then she told me a story about the making of it, how she got really friend with them all and how she originally got cast as another part so had to learn all the parts then at last minute they changed her part so she panicked and had to learn all the new parts.

she then told me about her plans of staying in london with her friends, and then made a few awesome comments on my tattoos and asked who i could suggest in london as she wanted to get one done while she was over here.

she signed my picure 'your so sweet' then jumped up on the table for a photo too so that was nice.

Christopher Ryan -

Such a genuine, fun, friendly and kind man...i grew up watching the young ones so i HAD to meet him. I have the young ones batchellor boys book which is signed by Rik and Ade so iwanted christopher to add to it which he happily did. i passed him the book and he said 'wow, i havent seen this in along time' then he noticed the 'twit' comment Rik had wrote on Ades/vivians head on the cover and he laughed and said 'I bet rik mayall wrote that didnt he' hahhha.

He spoke alittle about the young ones, how he doesnt even remember all of the episodes but he does remember how fun it was filming the university challenge bit in the 'bambi' episode then said how surprised at how popular it became, they filmed the 1st series then wanted to do another straight away.

he signed my book 'best wishes, from christopher ryan....and mike!' then again, he asked how far we had come and then when we told him id drove from Hull, he started telling us a nice story of all the ppl he knew there, and when he did stage shows there back in the early days. was so fun to hear.

he took a photo over the table with me too which was really great.

John Amos -

Ok, even though ALL the guests were amazing, John Amos was the highlight to my day...he was so so much fun and really chatty!!

We had 2 pictures from coming to america signed and he loved the photos we had given him, he said when we first met 'hello sir, how are you today'. he took the 1st picture and laughed, and said 'aww man, thats my favorite, i love this movie, tell me who'd trust a guy with that smile, i wouldnt buy a car or a burger off that guy' LOL.

He then made a few funny comments about Mcdowells burgers and then signed the first photo with the quote 'ofcourse its not horsemeat'

The second photo i gave him was great too which he loved, i told him how much i loved the movie and how it still cracks me up everytime i see it now. I then told him "how funny the scene in the office is where eddie murphy was explaining the american football game and how funny your (john amos) expression and response was, the way you just said about the drugs with a straight face without laughing"......to which then he stopped writing on the photo and looked up at me and just looked at me dead straight in the eyes and said 'son if you wanna keep your job, stay off the drugs"

i just creased up laughing and he was laughing too. he then signed the photo 'to dave, all my best....and stay off the drugs'

we then had a laugh about mcdowells burgers and he made a funny horse impression which just was the icing on the cake. He then stood up and posed for photos with us which was amazing.

before we left his table i asked if he was having a good weekend and he said he was really loving it and enjoying the show and meeting people. he was also saying how surprised he was at having such a fan base over here but he was really happy to be at a show in the UK.

such an amazing guy and id definitely love to see him again!

Photoshoots:

Billy Dee -

Again was quiet but really friendly and polite, he shook my hand and said hi there, he put his arm around me and i got a nice smiley photo with him which was really great. i just said it was a pleasure meeting him again and he was kind and said thank you so much and shook my hand again.

Robert Englund -

As always Roberts Photoshoot was good fun. It was fun seeing him really take charge of the photoshoot and coming up with tons of poses with each person.

he said when i walked up 'ok awesome, lets do a cool pose for this one' ahah.

after the shoot i hung around as i was near the end of the line so as promised he came over and had a quick chat about what happened to the freddy costumes, and then signed the photo for me which just ended the day on a high for me!

such a genuine fun guy and someone id never get tired of meeting at these shows!!

Well thats it, apoligies for my long rant but it was a fun exciting day and i wanted to share with those of you who would be willing to read it all ahah.

not sure if the link works but you can check out my pics here : https://www.facebook.com/dave.young.54922169/media_set?set=a.10153522567950370.1073741831.751610369&type=3

thanks again to all and im excited for next years shows

• Like 1

Robert Englund signed the exact same quote on the photo we got from him. Upon seeing we'd picked one of Willy (no pun intended) he said "Ah, V fans!" and seemed quite chuffed to be talking about something other than Freddie Kreuger. Christopher Ryan signed my pic of him as Dave Hedgehog with the dedication "From Christopher Ryan AND Dave Hedgehog." Lovely fella, very strange to hear his regular voice as I've never seen him in anything where he didn't have a cockney accent.

• Like 1

Well thats it, apoligies for my long rant but it was a fun exciting day and i wanted to share with those of you who would be willing to read it all ahah.

What about Bruce Davison? You've got piccies but no mention of him.

Robert Englund signed the exact same quote on the photo we got from him. Upon seeing we'd picked one of Willy (no pun intended) he said "Ah, V fans!" and seemed quite chuffed to be talking about something other than Freddie Kreuger. Christopher Ryan signed my pic of him as Dave Hedgehog with the dedication "From Christopher Ryan AND Dave Hedgehog." Lovely fella, very strange to hear his regular voice as I've never seen him in anything where he didn't have a cockney accent.

Yeah i tend to see him having a handful of quotes he uses regularly. the V photo i took actually wasnt the one on his table, it was a different image so he was pretty surprised and was happy to see it, kept asking where we got it and that he loved it.

Christopher ryan was indeed a brilliant guest, so kind, chatty, genuine and happy to spend time with ppl going to his table. yes it was strange hearing him talk normal, he was alot quieter and very well spoken i thought! glad you got a bottom picture signed!

What about Bruce Davison? You've got piccies but no mention of him.

Ahh yes, im so sorry i forgot ahah..;( anyway Bruce was also brilliant!! he was very chatty and i told him that i 1st saw him acting in the original V series, to which he smiled and said 'ahh yes, i was in that with robert' and he pointed to robert englund. I also then told him that as kids me and my sister watched the harry and the hendersons tv show on saturday mornings so he signed the photo with harry for me :)

and then stood up to take a photo, he was a great guy :)

Brilliant review of day teabelly. Glad you had a great time!

thank you :) i hope it wasnt too long or boring but just wanted to get my review of the day out..looking forward to next years shows already.

btw i saw your 'want to meet list', ive been lucky to meet rik and ade on a few ocassions and they are brilliant..both signed my bad news lp and my young ones bachelor boys book