The Ewoks

Kirbinator

Thanks to SM for getting together some of the remaining Ewoks from Jedi for the show. It was great to meet them for the first time; they were all very friendly, talkative and happy to pose for photos.

Willie Coppen,

Brian Wheeler,

Michael Henbury,

Alan Bennett,

Sarah Bennett,

In particular Sarah showed me some pictures of Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford she took whilst filing Jedi, impressive and very nice to meet too.

I know Andy Herd cancelled prior to the show and when I was speaking to some of the above guests, SM staff were taking down the April Perkins picture board; anyone know why she didn't attend?

I wonder if SM would book them for a future event, maybe Cardiff show as Mike Edmunds has already been announced.

• Showmasters Admin

All I know about April is that she didn't turn up. Her agent did try to ring her a number of times and didn't get hold of her by about 9:30am, and that was when we made the decision to remove her board. I honestly don't know if her agent got hold of her later.

I know all those that did attend had a great time especially Michael who sent a very nice thank you message, so fingers crossed they'll be back again.

I never even noticed we lost one! I've seen a lot of their names listed for other odd events all over the place, but I never had enough of a reason to travel to those places for one or two. So the chance to get at least 5 in one go was too good an opportunity to pass up - even then I nearly passed at the last minute. But... I think I've probably got enough Star Wars people now. I'm content to skip others, unless I'm attending the event anyway. I'd need at least 4 new to me in one place to make my going again even tempting.