No rooms available at Doubletree

I wasn't able to attend CM20 due to ill health and I had a room booked at the Doubletree, they asked if I could use alternative dates when i rang to cancel and I gave them next year's dates and they said they couldn't do it that far ahead. So that's perhaps something to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just phoned the hotel to ask about it, and they said a company has booked out the entire hotel :(

Now I do hope this is SM so we can at least get some rooms lol but I highly doubt it based on things SM have said about the Doubletree and working with them. And that it's every single room gone. Grrr.

Well I tried a later few random dates and they weren't available either, so have they booked it for the entire year? That sounds just like a load of tripe to me to be honest and that's going from speaking to them on the phone, they weren't helpful at all.

Seems a bit weird that you can book weekends up to the Collectormania date, but the Collectormania weekend itself and subsequent weekends are unavailable to book...yet they told someone a company booked out the hotel? It's not as if there is anything major on that weekend (apart from CM itself) to warrant booking all those rooms :)

I'm more likely to believe they actually haven't made available dates from the Collectormania weekend and onwards yet, rather than the 'a big company bought all the rooms' line!

It is very possible that the hotel is being used for some other event. It has a number of decent sized conference rooms and so it's entirely possible that there is a company holding some sort of conference or something similar and they have booked out the entire hotel so that all the delegates can stay there.

It's not an uncommon thing for a company to do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That said, the vast majority of company events tend to be during the week. A corporate weekend booking is possible, but not overly common.

Certainly there seeme to be conferences there on the Wednesday and Thursday.

Maybe somebody's getting married thereabouts and they're using their company credit card to blockbook the place in advance. :whistling:

All a bit mysterious...

• 1 month later...

I've looked and there is no availability at all for the whole week from the 15th until the 22nd of May. So if its true that the whole venue is booked out it is for the entire week. Its a shame..looks like I'll have to go back to the Premier Inn this year :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Premier Inn are once again doing their £25 sale so chances are folk can get much cheaper rooms at those. As I've said though I'm always willing to pay more for the convenience of the Hilton. I go back to the hotel during the day when I'm waiting for photoshoot times or whatever, so for convenience it can't be beaten. Also it's a lovely hotel with superb service of course.