Robert Rankin

fish_metal

Robert was amazing. First time I'd met him in person, and he managed to talk me into spending far too much money! Spent about 10 minutes chatting about various subjects and bought extra books just for the tremendous work he puts into crafting each personalisation.

He was awesome, very witty. He asked if I was having a drink at the crew hotel after the show and said he'd have a beer with me. Whilst we were on the subject of beer I asked if he was a bitter drinker, he said, 'not at all, I'm a very happy drinker.' I walked right into that one. The signed poster he gave me with Alice of Mars has now been framed as in my hall with the rest of my showmasters photos

• Like 1

Anyone recommend a good starting book for Robert's work?

People keep asking me this, and I really don't know what to say. I love all of the books so much, but it depends what kind of thing you're interested in. My personal favourites are the Brentford books, but the Toytown ones are also great, as are the Devil Fish Girl ones, which I've only just started reading. Each set of books is linked thematically, but I think that you can start just about anywhere, as they're also pretty self-contained.