Thanks!

MercuryRapids

I'd just like to say thanks to all the guests and staff. My son and I just came down for the Sunday event. We got all the autographs we wanted and had some nice little chats with the stars. Well done to all involved. :) I scared the late-arriving Dominic Keating by pointing and yelling "He's here!"... heh heh... :) Billy Dee Williams seemed subdued. Maybe he's just like that or perhaps he was just tired. It must be hard work sitting there smiling, signing and shaking hands all day. Really. Not being sarcastic.

Anyhoo, looking forward to the next Collectormania. :) Have one up here in the North (Leeds, Bradford or Manchester!)

p.s.

Am I alone in preferring the old set-up around the pitch? The hall seemed very cramped in places. Just thinking out loud... lol

Again, thanks.

Couldn't make Saturday & had a very brief visit today so didn't get to explore as much of the new venue as I had planned.

First small moan, the free bus timetable didn't seem to be working. The 11:45 from the station never arrived so I ended up getting a taxi. There were around 20 people waiting for the bus & I didn't see any of them at Collectormania.

Jonah Lomu was the only guest I wanted to meet & he was great. Although he only had 2 hours & a lot of interest he didn't seemed too rushed & spoke with everyone. I hope everyone who wanted to meet him got the chance & I hope he enjoyed himself enough to come back again in the future.

Another moan, a bit of signage to the bus stop being used for the free bus at the stadium wouldn't have gone a miss. Quite a few people were not sure if they where in the right place and with the bus timetable seemingly not being kept to a few of us jumped a local bus service. No big problem although now I feel intimately acquainted with the famous Milton Keynes roundabouts!

It was nice to be indoors at this time of year but I agree Mercury, I miss not being in the stadium. Walking around the concourse had a nice & unique feel to it. Personally I found today a little squashed in the hall although admittedly I didn't have a good look round so didn't see what else was on offer at the show.

Collectormania looks to be growing from strength to strength. SM seem to have big & exciting plans for the future of this event. Thank you SM for more great memories, roll on next year.

Thanks as always to the Crew, you always do a great job, special mention for the guy on photoshoot B outside the doors on Saturday, had a few photos there all day and he was keeping everyone informed and smile on his face all day.

I only went on the Saturday so had a lot to fit in , but managed to meet everyone I wanted to and had 7 official photoshoots as well. A bit disappointed Earnie Shavers didn't make it, but then these things happen and my two main guests to meet were Larry Holmes, which was a great meet and Scout Taylor Compton (I don't know what she was on, but can we all have some !), she was great entertainment, so friendly, taking time to sign your items in the right place, chatting, posing for photos at the desk, in the official photoshoot she even ran down the line giving everyone "five!"

Yes, it was a little on the chilly side, but from what I heard all kudos to Jason and the team for even getting the event on, as I understand they faced a lot of challenges in the week before, so did a fantastic job to make the event happen. I think the new venue is shaping up well and can only go from strength to strength going forward.

Thanks as always to the Crew, you always do a great job, special mention for the guy on photoshoot B outside the doors on Saturday, had a few photos there all day and he was keeping everyone informed and smile on his face all day.

That would be me! Thanks for the positive feedback, it always makes the show that little bit more special when you recogniseyourself in a "Thank You Thread". Always try my best, and apologies if Gollum freaked anyone out at all ;-)

Just went on the Sunday, arrived around 10.30'ish. Met Mira Furlan who was very quiet but smiled at me, she was no posed photos. Robert Knepper was good and friendly and added his character name to the picture I got signed, he was no posed photos. John Amos and Bruce Davison allowed photos at the table and Bruce told me a couple of great stories about my favourite TV writer. My star meet of the day was Scott MacDonald, I'm a massive NYPD Blue fan and although his appearance was only a few lines the screen capture photo of him also included one of his close friends ( I did not know they were that friendly ) who was in 6 episodes. The upshot is that he offered to take my photo back to the USA to get his friend to sign it as well and then its going to be sent to me. That's above and beyond what anyone could expect and it absolutely made my day. :clap:

As always, a HUGE 'Thank you!' to Showmasters/all the crew involved with this event (including, of course, Sabreyeager LOL ;)) :) My carer and I had an amazing time (at this point I expect nothing less from SM) and we didn't really have any problems with anything, except the free bus service going home, but - as I pointed out in another thread - I understand that this is not necessarily something SM can control. I wasn't a big fan of the photoshoot areas being so separate from the hall, but thinking back on it and how much walking around was saved by having everything contained in a small-ish area (as opposed to having to traverse the full length of the stadium concourse over and over again), I guess a little extra distance isn't too bad. Everyone was friendly, helpful and patient with me and there aren't enough words to express my gratitude for that as these events are really the only time I get to go out anywhere due to my disabilities, so help with making the experience less torturous is deeply appreciated.

Also, special thanks to the guests (particularly Emmett Skilton, Lew Temple, Bruce Davison, John Amos, Katy Manning, Judy Geeson, Judson Scott, Robert Englund and Craig Parker) who were all lovely :)

I've introduced several friends to the events for the first time this year and I look forward to corrupting/dragging more along with me next year ;) HAVE A GREAT REST AND WINTER HOLIDAY EVERYONE!!!! Look forward to seeing you all again in April!

:dance: :clap::thumbup:

That would be me! Thanks for the positive feedback, it always makes the show that little bit more special when you recogniseyourself in a "Thank You Thread". Always try my best, and apologies if Gollum freaked anyone out at all ;-)

Sabreyeager - Gollum was amusing and a nice distraction when you're standing in a queue feeling a little nervous about going in to meet a celeb face to face ^_^ FYI, after you asked my friend I was with if she was cosplaying Abby she went home and had a go at doing it, so maybe you'll get lucky next time ;P

Really excellent friendly guests and all the crew I spoke to were cheerful and helpful. Emmett Skilton and Craig Parker were above and beyond in terms of friendliness and appearing to enjoy their experience as much as the public, you should definitely try to get them again for another convention! All in all it was a great convention, thank you.

I arrived on Saturday, it was a great event, a bit disappointed that Mark Strickson cancelled at the last minute as he was one of the stars we wanted to meet. I found one or two of the stall holders a bit pushy to buy stuff from them that we didn't really want. The staff upstairs were very helpful in telling us where we needed to go this time as everything was different.

Only problem was car parking. We have a disabled son, and we were directed to the disabled parking, which was near Kentucky Fried Chicken, and this time the back entrance to the stadium was locked shut. We had to make him walk all the way round, and he was a bit tired when we arrived. If we'd have known that we had to walk this far we'd have brought his wheelchair.

For future events, please could you arrange to have some disabled spaces close to the entrance to the hall, thanks