Lovely guests!

Loxias

I know guests/agents sometimes come on here so I just wanted to say a big thank you to the following guests for being total stars:

Shane Rangi

Samuel La Hood

Adam Brown

Craig Parker

Connor Trinneer

Every one of them took time to have a chat and all were happy to get up and pose for photos. Shane and Craig - both of whom were on the guest side of the table chatting and mingling - were particularly fun and I got some cool shots with them. Samuel had brought in his actual Orc ears from LOTR and let me hold them for a photo. I was lucky enough to be there on Friday when it was really quiet, so guess I probably got lucky with the time I could spend with the guests, but even on Saturday I saw they were being equally nice. Great guests, all of them.

Thanks for getting them all here Showmasters :clap:

• Like 1

David Bradley was great on Saturday, plenty of time to chat about Broadchurch and Doctor Who despite his long queue. We compared drinks as well (his Yorkshire tea to my Bovril!).

Katy Manning - lovely hug in the photo shoot, that's the main reason I bought the ticket! :whistling:

Had nice chats with Judson Scott, Scott MacDonald, Simon Williams and Robert Knepper today. Iain Glen was nice to meet as well!

Defiantly add Scout Taylor Compton to the list. Still brings a smile to my face remembering meeting her at the photoshoot and her table. So full of energy and accommodating. Really a pleasure to spend the money on her.

Please invite her back in the future...maybe LFACC

• Like 1

I met 15 guests and had 7 photoshoots and all of them were a great experience, as always Robert Englund and Katy Manning were literally out of this World, such lovely people, but new guests that I had not met before like Scout Taylor Compton and Judy Geeson were also fantastic. So many great memories from Saturday.

I only met 3 guests but they were fabulous:

John Amos

Iain Glen

Christopher Ryan

On the whole, I can't find a fault with anything. I was there Sunday, my first time at that venue. I thought it was spot on, ample parking and not too cold.

Thanks Showmasters for a great day :clap:

I met nearly all the guests this year ( budget well blown ) and found every one of them wonderful - especially Adam Brown - he is a delight. Along With Kate O' Rourke and Samuel La Hood - went back and met them all 3 days, every time I walked past they both shouted at me to come and talk to them - as Im going to New Zealand end of the year they gave me lots of hints and tips of where to go, along with Adam Brown who told me which cafe's and restaurants to visit in Wellington - had so much fun with them!! Loved them - they are welcome back anytime.

I brought my ringwraith sword for Samuel to sign which he loved was so interested in how I managed to get it and where I got it from, he then commented on the other signatures I had on it and was very impressed. He was more than happy to hold it up and pose with it just as they did in the film! My favorite guests of the weekend by far!!

• Like 1

Scout Taylor Compton, Craig Parker, Christopher Ryan, Robert Knepper, Lance Henriksen, Jon Amos and Robert Englund... those were the guests I was going for and they were all AWESOME in their own way :thumbup: Had some great conversations and it was really fun. Thanks for the great show SM :dance:

I met Lance and Robert Englund. Both very polite and friendly, and both were happy to have photos which was a great bonus. I didn't end up meeting Lew Temple, probably would've if he was cheaper than £20 but glad that everything I've read about him was positive.

What I really envy you all is the courage to go straight to Craig Parker and ask for his autograph or a picture or just to talk with him normally. I am much too shy to do this. I know it's silly but I was there for three days and didn't pluck up the courage :-) I was just standing there, in different corners of the building and watching him talking with others. Now I am guite afraid that he noticed and thought I am a psycho or something :-). God! I just did three whole days of staring!

Scout Taylor Compton: Really nice pleasant lady, was a pleasure to meet her, and gorgeous too. Hope to meet her again someday.

Alan Flyng: Good guy told me a few great story's.

Lance Henriksen: Another good guy, I've been looking to meet him for a while and missed attending other conventions he's been at this year so Thanks you for booking him to appear.

I also met Billy Dee Williams, John Amos and Robert Rankin who were all nice decent guest's. The above three were my favorites though.

The biggest draw for me was meeting Billy Dee Williams (again) and as I said on another thread, nice and polite but just a little quiet and when I asked him a question his assistant answered it.

I also met the following guests who were all excellent, friendly and happy to pose for photos;

Rusty Goffe

Alan Bennett

Sarah Bennett

Michael Henbury

Brian Wheeler

William Coppen

Trevor Butterfield

Thank you SM.

What can I say? An absolutely amazing weekend! We originally thought that we weren't going to be able to attend, but fortunately it was made possible!

•Emmett Skilton - I was ridiculously excited when this guy was announced (the main reason why I was dying to attend!), and I wasn't disappointed. Due to being so excited I was the most nervous and awkward around him so was not at his table for long, however it did not stop me from seeing what a lovely guy he is. We saw him wandering around the venue a lot throughout the day, appearing to be enjoying himself as much as everyone else......extra bonus that he's an absolute hotty ;)

•Adam Brown - We went over to his table as my friend wanted to meet him after I told her how wonderful he is. I had already met him earlier in the year at Cardiff and he remembered me, which shows the sort of person he is. Such a kind and approachable man, acknowledging us when walking around the venue. A genuine pleasure to see him again.

•Lew Temple - What an absolute legend!! He spent so much time with everyone, asking questions about us and talking about The Walking Dead and other cast members. There was no need to ask for photos as he was the one who wanted to do them with everyone! So much fun to spend time with.

•Craig Parker - I have been wanting to meet this man for years, so when ge was announced we HAD to attend. I adore how he sits on the attendee side of the table. A simple gesture but it meant a lot. Whilst we were waiting he was speaking to a Trekkie and you could see the excitement on his face when he asked if he could play with a phaser gun. He seems to really enjoy meeting people. He gave us 100% of his concentration, and happily let us have a group photo with him, to the extent that he was making us stand in the best light. Absolutely loved him, and would meet him again in a heartbeat.

As always the crew were lovely, always helpful when asked questions, happy to take photos and simply enjoying themselves as much as we were.

Not a single complaint. Well, it was a little on the chilly side, but we really didn't care. Once again Showmasters, thank you for giving us the opportunity to meet these wonderful people. I would happily meet every one of them again *cough* Emmett *cough* Craig *cough* :P

Edited by arianne jones
  • Like 1