Autograph Platic wallets?

teabelly83

When i was the london show in october, one of the comic stalls near the guests was selling the plastic clear wallets for the autographs, is anyone selling them at this show???

i got a brian blessed pic signed at london but the ink wouldnt dry for some reason so i has to slide it carefully into the wallet so wanted to get some more incase it happens again this time.

• Like 1

Yeah I would not recommend thoses hard plastic sleeves. I bought them every time I go my autos.

Now I don't know if ths s caused by the sleeves but only a couple of my autos seem to have rubbed slightly, nw you could say I didn't wait long enough to put the autos in but I did as very wary of any damage to my signatures.

Any time I went to ake them out it was a absoulute nightmare, kept sticking and damaged and bent a couple of photos.

I recently bought from a stall a venues called franks solutions or something like that.

He sells storage boxes and folders for carrying your autos in plus clear sleeves for your autos at same price as the hard plastic ones.

I would highly recommend them. And the couple of run the sall are extremely friendly.

I've been using the Ultra Pro Magazine Sleeves for my autos for many years now, it was quite costly but personally I don't want to suffer some of the problems some others have with the harder plastic sleeves or other cheaper alternatives.

I think my autographs are still as good as they day they were signed, I've not experienced any reduction in quality and many of those are now approaching 20 years old.

• Like 1

In close to a decade of "graphing", I have never once had a problem with toploaders (the proper name for the hard plastic sleeves). I was introduced to them by someone who had been in the hobby for some time, and over the years got to meet others who are in the same boat as me.

I can't help but think that some of the other products that are sold at these shows are nothing but fear-inducing gimmicks to get people to pay over the odds for something that does absolutely nothing for their sigs.

I use the toploaders when at a show, but once home, put the autos into acid-free A4 sleeves that I bought from Woolworths years ago. So far, so good!!!

• 1 year later...

In close to a decade of "graphing", I have never once had a problem with toploaders (the proper name for the hard plastic sleeves). I was introduced to them by someone who had been in the hobby for some time, and over the years got to meet others who are in the same boat as me.

I can't help but think that some of the other products that are sold at these shows are nothing but fear-inducing gimmicks to get people to pay over the odds for something that does absolutely nothing for their sigs.

I use the toploaders when at a show, but once home, put the autos into acid-free A4 sleeves that I bought from Woolworths years ago. So far, so good!!!

I disagree with your comment about paying over the odds the archive ones are the same price as the hard plasric ones. If you are planning to keep your autos photos etc for a while then I personally stay away from hard plastic. I have personally lost a Jennifer Aniston auto in one of them. I have always said if it's hard to get in it will be hard to move get out etc. plus after a few mins they are already sticking to the auto.

After time the auto with the chemicals from the plastic lift the auto from the photo and leave it on the plastic. The archive safe ones also completely seal the auto in so air can not get to it where as the the hard plastic let air in via the top plus stacking them up together adds weight to each auto. I have been using the archive ones for a few years now and don't regret it at all. I have spent no more money that I would have before and my autos eye still look great.

Ok enough rambling on I could talk for hours!!