So is it really that cold inside venue...

teabelly83

After reading this post before I went to the show on sunday I didn't know what I was letting myself into, so I put on a jumper a warm coat, thinking I was going to be freezing and I ended up roasting, i could have just had my coat or just the jumper on and i would have been fine. the hall itself i thought was a little small and some of the guest seemed to be hidden in corners took me awhile to find some, but i must say it was nice to walk about the dealers stalls without really bumping into that many people.

The venue was:

1. Too cramped

2. Smelt of eggy farts near the hot dog stand in the far left corner

3. Was too cold (surely putting of guests coming back - or telling their peers good things about CM)

4. Was poorly lit (encourage thieves etc)

1. Personally I didn't find it too cramped and was there all day on the Saturday, in fact I had more trouble getting around at the LFCC Summer earlier in the year when I was trying to get down some of the aisles, I met about 15 guests and had 7 photoshoots and managed to do all this on one day with no problem.

2. I didn't notice any strange smells , so can't comment on that one !

3. It was cold, but from what I understand the team did a fantastic job to even get the event on, bearing in mind where it was 7 days before, and the cold didn't distract from my day, in fact it was a good opening line, shared experience when you talking to the guests !

4. I would partly agree , particularly in relation to the lighting in the side bit where the sports guests were, but from what I understand there will probably be more and better lighting to go in , in the future.

I think the main thing was none of the above impacted on me having a great day and meeting so many fantastic people.

I think the arena was just about big enough. If they'd had some much bigger guests there it might have been chaos though. Although I didn't smell it, Judson Scott was moved to the other side of the arena at his request due to a sewage like smell and bad light.

I was talking to one of the staff while waiting outside, he was saying they're still 6 weeks away from having the arena completed. The lighting was temporary, and put in just so the con could go ahead. Even the toilets had only been made good at the last minute.

It was cold Friday but generally a lot warmer as the hall got busier Saturday and Sunday. Believe me, the concourse around the stadium where they used to hold it is MUCH colder. Only place it got too cramped too move was in front of some of the VT queues where people were just stopping dead blocking everything but generally it wasn't too cramped. I liked the venue and think just right for the numbers that did turn up. If it had been even bigger crowd we might have been in trouble but generally an amazing weekend all round.

The venue was:

1. Too cramped

2. Smelt of eggy farts near the hot dog stand in the far left corner

3. Was too cold (surely putting of guests coming back - or telling their peers good things about CM)

4. Was poorly lit (encourage thieves etc)

Apart from that, it was fine.

Best of all I read a poster saying they are using this place AND the concourse in May.

The Artic and Antarctic to join forces!

*shakes head*

As someone who was there all 3 days here's my take on it:

1. Friday: Lots of space as you'd expect. Clearly Friday was the quietest day and there were no issues.

Saturday: Very cramped I thought. Squeezing past people in the merchandise areas was insane and of course the queues melded into the people who were queing for guests at the back wall. A re-think about this might be in order.

Sunday: Not as back as Saturday but busier than Friday. That's about it.

2. Smelt of eggy farts near the hot dog stand in the far left corner. - Yeah I smelt that as well. Not pleasant and I felt sorry for the guests in that area.

3. It was dry but still cold. I know we have to expect this in November somwhat HOWEVER I was hearing complains of the temperature from staff, guests and merchandise people.

4. No real comments regarding the lighting however I do think security need to be looked into further as I'm aware of a friend who had his camera pick pocketed!

I think the arena was just about big enough. If they'd had some much bigger guests there it might have been chaos though.

Arena was certainly fine for this weekend, but will be interesting to see how the 2014 May Collectormania show works in the new venue, particularly thinking about the big queues for guests like Gillian Anderson, Jenna-Louise Coleman and Billie Piper earlier this year. I suppose as you could have a combination of the hall and the Concourse, you could put the bigger guests on to the concourse for signing as well as photo ops, allowing you to keep them out of the hall altogether, although I guess bigger guests would also attract more visitors to the merchandise as well so could make it very packed in the middle area. Once or twice on Saturday it was getting a little busy, particularly at the end where people were coming in and nearer some of the busier signers on the back wall where merchandise stalls merged with the other parts.

• Like 1

I only wore a small hoody on top of my t-shirt and I thought it was absolutely fine. It was bitter outside but once you got inside the venue it was a relief because it was so much warmer. At points I was even hot inside the venue and undid my hoody. I get that maybe the guests who flew over from the United States thought it was a bit cold, as they aren't used to it, but British people should be used to it!

I had a great time, and maybe there were a few snags but to me it was up there with LFCC, and the cold wasn't really an issue.

Thanks Showmasters!

Having been in the hall for all 3 days of the event & the set up day i have to say it was extremely cold, on the Friday it was warmer outside the hall! Saturday & Sunday were more bearable but that was due too the amount of layers i had on!

Hopefully when the venue is completed it will be the perfect venue for this event.