The "Apollo" astronauts thread - Whishes | suggestions -

Flashstorm

At the beginning many thanks for Buzz and Alan ...

I hope they will come .....

(and don't cancel due to illness)

So now to the future:

What suggestions and requests you have (Apollo Astronauts):

I start with:

- James Arthur "Jim" Lovell, Jr.

- David Randolph Scott

- John Watts Young (really desperate)

- Harrison Hagan "Jack" Schmitt (really desperate)

- Michael Collins (really desperate)

-

-

-

They slip away ...

I agree with you all! But.....

John Young - no chance. He just doesn't do shows, only private signings, and even those are very sporadic. And he charges £300+ last I heard.

Jack Schmitt - doesn't do shows. Will only sign his book

Mike Collins - same as John Young, but slightly cheaper fee

Bill Anders - stopped signing some years back - completely

Ken Mattingly - won't sign for money, so won't do a show, but apparently if you can catch him at an event and the conditions are right ie good mood, not many about, he doesn't mind autographing......but difficult as he has one of the lowest profiles of any Apollo astronaut

Apparently poor Gene Kranz has arthritis in his hands so a show may be too much

Jim Lovell is mid 80's and I hear he is cutting back on the circuit.

But wow, can you imagine getting those guys over for just one last bow out, that'd be so great

Cheers

I agree with you all! But.....

John Young - no chance. He just doesn't do shows, only private signings, and even those are very sporadic. And he charges £300+ last I heard.

Jack Schmitt - doesn't do shows. Will only sign his book

Mike Collins - same as John Young, but slightly cheaper fee

Bill Anders - stopped signing some years back - completely

Ken Mattingly - won't sign for money, so won't do a show, but apparently if you can catch him at an event and the conditions are right ie good mood, not many about, he doesn't mind autographing......but difficult as he has one of the lowest profiles of any Apollo astronaut

Apparently poor Gene Kranz has arthritis in his hands so a show may be too much

Jim Lovell is mid 80's and I hear he is cutting back on the circuit.

But wow, can you imagine getting those guys over for just one last bow out, that'd be so great

Cheers

If we can't get them here, do you think a special price 'mail in service', would be popular and work?. It might be our only hope with some of them. They’d get good volume of sales, we’d get a reduced price?. It’s got to be worth a shot?.

Alas for some astronauts, signing autographs, doing shows or participating in mail-in's isn't their thing - it's not high on their agenda and they just won't do it. Whatever their reason, it's a real shame.

I'm not sure where my post went as I tried to be as vague as possible. But to be even more vague I think its higher on their agenda than you give credit. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please...Oh yes please... :-)

Edited by Flashstorm

• 1 month later...

I would like to add my support for more Apollo astronauts.. buts sadly they are not getting any younger... but am happy to have met and collected autographs of those who have attended since 2007 and its all down to Autographica... Thank you to Dave and his team

See you all soon von Dawson's Express