Billy Dee Williams in person.

Che-Snake

I have met Billy a few times and he's always been very friendly but I had never asked him for a posed photo'.But in 2009 he was at a Showmasters event and there were not many people behind me so after some pleasant conversation I politely asked him.He was only too happy to oblige and the result is a smiling photo of me with and Billy arm in arm.Nice man well worth meeting.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Clarkey. I met him at a previous event as was not at all impressed. Was rushed through his signing, he didn't even look at was I gave him to sign (it was Lost not Star Wars) and he just automatically signed his name and 'Lando'... which wasn't really relevant! I did try to have a quick chat with him as he was signing about how I wanted to get him to sign something that wasn't Star Wars, and yet he still did it! He was very uncommunicative. I will admit I wondered if he was ill becasue he was so spaced. Maybe it was jetlag, maybe it was his age, I am not sure. All in all I wished I hadn't bothered and had saved myself £20.

I think it's important to remember that guests do fly in from all over the world and can be tired and jet lagged and are of course only human, I'm sure it wasn't his intention to come across like that

*nods in agreement*

In general I've found Mr Williams a nice gentleman, just a little more quiet. May be his personality simply. Not everyone can be the Nathan Fillion kind. ;)

I have had that happen with Adam Baldwin too - gave him a Stargate picture which he signed "Jayne." Sometimes guests just get in the swing of signing and don't even notice.

I met him a few years ago and found him to be really pleasant if a little quiet, he had not long been in the country and was a little jet lagged but brightened up during the day. He was interested in some of the items he had never seen before and I'd recommend meeting him.

I met him a few years ago and found him to be really pleasant if a little quiet.

Ditto. My meeting was at a SM event in London (can't remember which) and he was very nice and polite, if a little quiet. He very much surprised me when he was happy to do an over the table photo with him

Billy was the only guest I was wanting to meet this time since Jake Lloyd cancelled. To get to MK it would've cost me £210 (with train & hotel) so I did some research about Billy to see what he was like and if it was worth the expense. Sadly a lot of the feedback was either indifferent or negative, with plenty of 'never looked at me'...therefore I've decided not to go and just pre-ordered the autograph instead saving myself a fortune! :whistling: Hopefully my research was wrong and all that do meet him have a great experience.

I think it's important to remember that guests do fly in from all over the world and can be tired and jet lagged and are of course only human, I'm sure it wasn't his intention to come across like that

And it's also important to remember that the fans fly in from all over the world, can also be tired and jet lagged, and pay money to meet these guests and deserve at least a smile..... don't forget it goes both ways.

I'm sure Billy is a nice enough person, but based on my one meet with him it was negative, I have nothing else to compare it to.

As stated above they may be famous actors, but they are human.

I have never met Billy, but I will be meeting him Friday.

But I have met Corey Feldman twice. The first time he was so friendly and chatty. All smiles and happy to have a photo over the table.

The second time I met him, he was rude. He didn't look at me. He was busy laughing and messing around with his friends and texting on his phone. He just signed my picture and that was it. I was not impressed.

Basically what I am trying to say is, you will never know what he is like on the day unless you meet him. :)

here is hoping he is in a happy, chatty mood. :)

kinda worried now lol...billy is high up on my list to meet but sad to hear some of you guys have had bad experiences in the past meetings.

i hope i catch him in a good mood, by the time i meet him on sunday he will have seen a ton of people!

Sad to read that about corey feldman too, hes high on my 'wants' list to meet at a show as hes in 3 of my all time fave movies....but like every guest, im sure they all have good and bad days. its just that the 1 bad day they have goes around word of mouth and people start hearing how miserable they are etc.

I had a similiar feeling when i met wwe diva maryse at the last london show, she came across like she wasnt bothered and didnt really say much when i met her, i felt really embarrased as i tried asking her questions and just got point blank replys, not very chatty at all...yet when i met kelly kelly next to her, she was the total opposite...chatty, smiley, really friendly etc...

like its been said, it just goes on how the guests feel on the day, and you will never truely know what they are like on the day unless you meet them yourself.

As stated above they may be famous actors, but they are human.

I have never met Billy, but I will be meeting him Friday.

But I have met Corey Feldman twice. The first time he was so friendly and chatty. All smiles and happy to have a photo over the table.

The second time I met him, he was rude. He didn't look at me. He was busy laughing and messing around with his friends and texting on his phone. He just signed my picture and that was it. I was not impressed.

Basically what I am trying to say is, you will never know what he is like on the day unless you meet him. :)

here is hoping he is in a happy, chatty mood. :)

Ive met Billy Dee Williams twice, once in Dublin and once in England and sadly on both occassions he was quite miserable; some guests you meet time and time again, even though you alreadly have their autograph. Having met him twice now i don't think i will meet him again, i know guests can be jet lagged but one occasion was day 2 so jet lag doesnt really come into it sadly. I hope others have a better expereince than i did.

getting worried now lol...hope hes in good spirits when i meet him on the 3rd day nxt week!!

Ive met Billy Dee Williams twice, once in Dublin and once in England and sadly on both occassions he was quite miserable; some guests you meet time and time again, even though you alreadly have their autograph. Having met him twice now i don't think i will meet him again, i know guests can be jet lagged but one occasion was day 2 so jet lag doesnt really come into it sadly. I hope others have a better expereince than i did.

Met Billy Dee in Milton Keynes during Collectormania 6 in 2006 when it was held in the MK: centre and I was a little disappointed as he showed very little interest when signing his autographs.....

.....this time round met him on Sunday and he was pleasant enough, spoke to me and my boys and I managed to get a better pic of him signing his auto which was a bonus.

Yeah I had met billy before and he was very quiet, think its must his nature. Any way met him again on the Sunday and again very quiet but he smiled and made eye contact shook my hand and thanked me for coming down.

I have no issues billy, just appears to be a very quiet man but polite.

this was my first time meeting Mr Williams as I missed him back in 2007, I did find him very quite

but he was very polite.

It was a pleasure in meeting Mr Williams and Derek Maki was also very helpful and pleasant as

I had 2 posters and a book to be signed. and Derek said to meet to take my time when packing my

items safely away.

As I was staying over the weekend decided to meet Mr Williams four separate occasions making the

most of my chance to meet him.

Would I defo meet Mr Williams again at another SM event, hopefully he will be back to the UK again.

I found Billy to be ok as a celebrity to meet. A little quiet I suppose. He asked about my mobile phone (Nokia Lumia) and said it was small. The only problem I had with him or maybe rather his agent was when I asked for a picture with him. His agent said photo's would be taken upstairs at 11.15 i.e I would have to pay for one. I didn't bother, that's the first time I've ever been refused a picture even with people with 'No Posed photo' signs.

I found Billy to be ok as a celebrity to meet. A little quiet I suppose. He asked about my mobile phone (Nokia Lumia) and said it was small. The only problem I had with him or maybe rather his agent was when I asked for a picture with him. His agent said photo's would be taken upstairs at 11.15 i.e I would have to pay for one. I didn't bother, that's the first time I've ever been refused a picture even with people with 'No Posed photo' signs.

You should not ask people for photo's with a 'no posed photo' sign. It puts the guest in an awkward situation. The sign is there for a reason.